This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fire
    hrm.. athlon 1900... is that like 1.5ghz? that would lower the score. Whats your motherboard reading your ram at? 200mhz or 133?
    It's 1.6Ghz, and yes I know thats the thing thats lowering the score but other people with the same CPU 512 ram and 9700PRO are getting 3500-4000 as their scores...that's why i think its strange.
    And my MB is probably reading my ram at 133Mhz since the CPU's FSB is 266...

Comment

my pc...

p3 1.0 ghz
      512 ram
      geforce 2 mx

benchmark score 1400

But im not going to play FFXI with that. In janurary ill have my new sweet pc
      http://www.wtfhost.com/userfiles/silentpixel/ffxisig.gif

Gaara---Valefor----LVLS RDM62/WHM31/BLM32/DRG12/WAR7/BRD31/SMN9/THF15/NIN15/DRK7/RNG4

Comment

Dark Strike it may be that because you have 1gb of ram.

Some setups just don't like that amount. I've seen a lot of reports were someone has a gig or more of ram and have problems with there pc. Once they take some of the ram out the problem is solve.

I'm not saying thats your problem but its something too look at anyway.

In case you were wondering I have a
        Athlon 1.4 clocked at 1.57
        512 megs of ddr ram
        audigy
        Geforce fx 5900

yea that processor is older and slower than yours. lets not talk about the video card. They are close enough in this case.
        But my score on high is
        3300+
        My score on low is
        3500+
        My scores are really being held back by the processor and ram. If you can
        I would sujest you try and take out a stick of ram..... that is if it is your computer, and not a parents computer or something like that. I remember upgrading some of my parents old computers, well they were newer then, but for some reason they never liked me opening the case......

Comment

Yeah it's my PC so I can do whatever I want with it
          I'll try what you suggested right away and post the results

Comment

Well the Gb of RAM doesnt seem to be the problem since i got 2322-H with 512Mb...

Must be something else, I'm pretty sure its some settings that are lowering the score, but I dont know which.

I'll be trying to figure out what's wrong, but thanks for the help anyways!

Comment

P4 2.6 HT (OC @ 3.12)
              ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
              1 Gig PC3500 DDR (Dual Channel)
              Sapphire 9800SE 128MB (OC @ 400/330)
              80 GB SATA 8 MB Cache

4500 - High (Driver at default setting)

Comment

Here goes...

Low 7123
                High 6063

(www.thunderboxpc.com) Xfuel Nitro SE prototype

Watercooling System
                3.0ghz P4c at 3.3 (minor OC, I can go much higher)
                1 gig PC3500 RAM CAS2 low latency Dual Channel
                Abit IC7G
                ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (default clock settings) Cat3.8 drivers
                320Gig (2x 160 Seagate 7200rpm SATA) RAID 0 array
                Audigy 2 Platinum

Comment

Here is what I'm running. I think the low scores might be from my graphics card. Perhaps...

Athlon 64
                  ASUS K8V Motherboard
                  512MB DDR SDRAM Corsair
                  128MB GeForce 4 Ti4400
                  40GB HD

High: 2650
                  Low: 3418

Anyone have any other opinions?
                  Sabre - 75 DRK - 37 WAR - 45 THF - 62 RNG
                  Rank - 10

Leaping Lizzy - 12/90+
                  Valkurm Emperor - 1/2
                  Stroper Chymes - 2/? (not NM, but still)

Comment

Quick question, is a Benchmark2 score of 1232 ok to run FFxi?

Or how about a score of 1701?

Ice, Dark, Fire, & Thunder Staves Aquired
                    Genkai FINISHED!!
                    Maat finally went down.
                    All BLM AF1 - Acquired
                    All WHM AF1 - Acquired
                    Windurst Rank 7

Comment

First Post!

athlon 3.0 ghz
                      1.0 gig 3200 ddr
                      256 gefore fx 5600

High: 2100
                      Low: 3300 around there

I'm shooting out some poor results compared to the rest of you guys, any suggestions on improved framerate? I have yet to try that win xp tweak guide(which I'm not sure will boot framerate yet), but I do have the latest drivers for my vid card. low quality, whats that? can anyone help?

much appreciated

Comment

well... I went ahead and did some reading of previous pages and
                        looks like the fx card is crap, I must be missing out, but damn, I
                        really have to make the best till I can afford an ati card. All my other games are pretty slick, why ffxi? why?! Once I do some tweaking I'll repost my new results.

poof!

Comment

You have a good system vic just change that card and itll be a monster.
                          http://www.wtfhost.com/userfiles/silentpixel/ffxisig.gif

Gaara---Valefor----LVLS RDM62/WHM31/BLM32/DRG12/WAR7/BRD31/SMN9/THF15/NIN15/DRK7/RNG4

Comment

Whats the highest bench for a 9700 pro? im looking at getting one but if it dont break the 5k mark ill jus wait to get a 9800 instead :/

Comment

What the fitzalgald?!?!?! I have readeon pro 9600@ 390 core..
                              290-other one...1024 dual channel ddr ram w/ 2.5 lat...80 gig hdd, and p4 2.4 oced/2.65. Yet my score is like 3000 on high = disgusting :mad:.I'm using the drivers the card came with, is that the problem?? Im using like twenty gigs of the hdd, is that a prob?!?! BTW, I get artifacting (very small though) at stock spds, what is the problem here? My comp is chillin..I mean like 29 celcius man...help!

EDIT: Okay, I got cat 3.8, but it didn't seem to change anything...I'm really sad and gay(not literally)...I heard about newegg having crappy 9600 pros...but I did not believe it it....:dead:
                              Ithica is gone ._.

Comment

Re: First Post!

Originally posted by victolysa1
                                athlon 3.0 ghz
                                1.0 gig 3200 ddr
                                256 gefore fx 5600

High: 2100
                                Low: 3300 around there

I'm shooting out some poor results compared to the rest of you guys, any suggestions on improved framerate? I have yet to try that win xp tweak guide(which I'm not sure will boot framerate yet), but I do have the latest drivers for my vid card. low quality, whats that? can anyone help?

much appreciated
                                3gh athlon? you must mean 2.06 athlon 3000+
                                your comp needs some adjustments more than just the vid card. i have 2.53p4, rd 800 (512mb in dual channel), 64mb ti 4200 (52.16 drivers) and i got 3200 on HIGH res mode (it was 3400, but forceware is a little more quality for less speed) the guides do help you increase speed, and conserve more memory too.

mural, i though 9600pro were @ 500mh /750 mem..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Proud member of the Fire Division of Crystal Guardians.

Comment

Working...
                                X