Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8-27 Update!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Armando
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Ditto. But slightly more than that I'm more psyched about the COR buff (pun intended.) It's downright ridiculous.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    yeah, but it's already possible to get over to 25% double attack w/out multi-hit weapons. That on top of Fortitude will be simply nuts.

    Btw, I really enjoy the DRG changes. I hope it works out well for 'em. If S-E says "sorry, our mistake" well at least it'd be nice if all DRGs world-wide got 5-10 levels of bliss first.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Fortitude Great Axe isn't as inherently broken when compared to its alternatives as Ridill is though >_> Ridill has the same DMG as competing swords and is only 5 DMG behind Soboro Sukehiro. And it can hit up to three times. Whereas Fortitude has 64 DMG vs ~95 DMG and hits up to 2 times provided you have Virtue Stones. Though I agree, Fortitude Axe must be ridiculous now.

    Still, what's the problem with WAR/NINs and Great Axes? It IS WAR's A+ weapon and relic weapon type.

    EDIT: I thought Soboro had 45 DMG, turns out it's 40 just like Ridill... >_>

    EDIT2: Actually, I will concede that something is very broken - two-handed weapon accuracy. I can understand the improved damage, but now two-handers have like a 15% hit rate advantage over one-handers plus the skill difference.
    Last edited by Armando; 08-28-2007, 07:20 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    not like any of the idiots will use Shield Break anyway, yo. And there is a Ridill Greataxe: Fortitude Axe with a double attack+2% grip. People talking about 1k+ WSs with a fucking Soboro. I imagine Raging Rush/Fortitude won't be too different.

    That was the last swear word out of me for the day; don't be alarmed.

    Counter-Armando edit: Those WARRIORs are everywhere already. DRKs still have little conversations about GS vs Scythe in whatever scenario, sub-pending, etc.

    Warriors have always just been axe/axe. Now it'll just be GAX GAX MOAR GAX. This does make more subs than /nin viable, and i'm happy for that. But now even a war/nin should be using Gax unless he has a Ridill.
    Last edited by Lmnop; 08-28-2007, 06:49 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    You know, PLDs might actually be able to use Great Sword now. Or at the very least, Staff became very, very powerful.

    P.S. This isn't "too far" unless they add a Ridill Great Axe. That and /NIN still allows for better protection than /SAM so we need all the leeway you can get. Oh and LONG LIVE GREAT AXE.

    Counter Lmnop edit: This is how it should've been in the first place in my opinion. The "new fad" only applies to WAR and maybe those DRK/NINs that used Axes instead. Most single-handed weapon users didn't have a two-handed weapon choice to begin with.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    I did? >.> awesome.

    I really hate to say this. Especially as someone who's wanted 2 handed lovin' for a long time... I think they went too far with this update. Tonight I'll be buying a Spike necklace and I'll go rock a merit party in 2x ruby rings, spike neck, Warwolf belt, other equally gimpy "full time" equipment. Not sure if I'll use Pallas or AF hands yet. STR gives hella lot more than it used to, but pallas dex penalty means a lot more... except for the fact that I still just got 30ish FREE ACC. This is going to be retardedly overpowered.

    I hope they make the attack bonus from STR 75% (instead of the old 50% and the current 100%) and the same for DEX->Acc.

    My damage was already equal to or better on my war/sam than war/nin (because I'm a Wal-Mart WAR). Fuck, I don't even need grips.

    EDIT: I suppose they're striving for a new balance: protection (Utsusemi) or nuts damage. I don't think it'll work out.

    Lemme say that again, Armando: this update was over the top and probably won't fix anything. Now every WAR will spend 1-2 weeks capping greataxe, dropping all merits out for GA. Everyone will flood to this new overpowered fad.

    Oh, and goodbye cheap Berserker's axe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Holy shit people. There's screenshots in Blue Gartr showing /check tests that imply that 1 DEX gives 1 Accuracy as well. Holy shit. Holy shit. Someone else confirm.

    The age of Dual Wield is over.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sevv
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    fuk this update, and screw you lmnop! You called I would be going back to Dragoon and this update sealed it.

    Leave a comment:


  • LyonheartLakshmi
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Dymlos View Post
    From what I'm hearing, they made Emp/Detonator worse! Why the hell would SE go nerf something that people already don't even use? I used it in Besieged and it did 340 damage! If that isn't a nerf I don't know what is.
    If people don't use it anyway, why complain about it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dymlos
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    From what I'm hearing, they made Emp/Detonator worse! Why the hell would SE go nerf something that people already don't even use? I used it in Besieged and it did 340 damage! If that isn't a nerf I don't know what is.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    doesn't seem like that qualifies "totally shafted."

    They "totally shafted" Thieves too. In fact, I think they should make SA and TA figure the dagger as a 2 handed weapon for THF main.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dymlos
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Damn, SE totally shafted RNGs this time. >> Empyreal Arrow is still freaking garbage weaponskill. >.>

    Leave a comment:


  • Cometgreen
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Given the improved Chaos Roll numbers, I really hope SE includes +ratk to the roll. I want +40% ratk.

    The grips are a little underwhelming, but the overall upgrades of 2handed weapons is really nice. I'm glad they didn't just stop at adding Hasso, and I can't wait to focus on Dragoon. And with any luck, GAxe WARs will gain a bit more popularity.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Has anyone tried out the new grips yet? More specifically the ones named after specific weapons? I got a nagging suspicion that some of them may have a hidden latent that activate when equiped with the right type of weapon.

    Also the 1str=1att thing is superawesomesweet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thoris
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Pups autos got A- skill @278 skill and Teir 4 blms nukes

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X