Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8-27 Update!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LyonheartLakshmi
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
    I think this update came at the perfect time, because I was sick of seeing "lol<insert job here>". Highest form of internet ignorance.
    And just how is this update going to change that? Now, it's going to be lol1h, lolDW.

    Just because you change the rules of the game, it doesn't change players to have better attitudes. Those who acted in ignorance before will continue to do so.

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Omni, you are exempt. You've shown you're not a meleetard. >_>

    Leave a comment:


  • Omni
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    aeni, the voice of bitter subjective ranting. subscribe now!

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    It's just mind boggling to me! I figure the community would be happy! But sure enough, I go to KI for a PLD thread and another rant catches my eye.

    I just want to say "NO SHIT geniuses. A 2h Weap is SUPPOSED to do higher burst damage per weaponskill."

    MNKs have the most balanced JAs in the game, and they're complaining. "Why didn't we get anything? That's so lame. No fair."

    NINs are saying "I might as well equip a Gkatana and do more damage than on my Katanas!"

    I think this update came at the perfect time, because I was sick of seeing "lol<insert job here>". Highest form of internet ignorance.

    This made TP burns more viable, but now, I can take some 2h to a decent camp, like Lufaise, and they can kill the mobs with similar speed.

    And since they all won't be asshats subbing NIN, there will be some sort of pt structure.

    Good lord. I'm a 56PLD but people are already TP Burning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
    I don't know if this is the right thread for this.. but I'm SICK of seeing people complain about being outdone by an "AH Melee" and how allegedly "had to work hard to pimp out their WAR/NIN"

    Seems like a lot of belly aching, because unless I'm mistaken, everyone uses the AH for gear for the most part for the majority of their career, so by law of averages, it's inevitable..

    Wierd.. This community is wierd..
    WishMaster, WARs are stupid. Most of them anyway. They have, for the longest time, been the prime melee DD. Always - I emphasize this - always wanted for meripo parties. Not just one. But two. Or even three.

    Even in end-game, you will see them on the front lines. Back-up tank. SATA partner. The list goes on.

    They had to work hard to pimp their WAR/NIN? I doubt it. I mean, how impossible is it to get the gear you want when you're practically fawned over and always chosen to make up the first line party/alliance for any end game situation? It's like taking candy from a babe. These players outright disgust me.

    If anything, I'm glad these changes came along to stir up some things in this game. For too long has the status quo reigned and I for one welcome any - even if it's very little - change to the 'old guard.'

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    I don't know if this is the right thread for this.. but I'm SICK of seeing people complain about being outdone by an "AH Melee" and how allegedly "had to work hard to pimp out their WAR/NIN"

    Seems like a lot of belly aching, because unless I'm mistaken, everyone uses the AH for gear for the most part for the majority of their career, so by law of averages, it's inevitable..

    Wierd.. This community is wierd..

    Leave a comment:


  • LyonheartLakshmi
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean with the last part of the quote.
    I was just speculating that against mobs above your level, there way still be a +/- 0.4 variance on pDif. If that's the case, pDif for 1 handers at "capped attack" could be 2.0 +/- 0.4, making it range anywhere from 1.6 to 2.4. And after that variance is factored in, the game might then cap 2.4 down to 2.0 because it's a 1 handed weapon.

    But that's all wild speculation. I've seen a lot of data on 1 handed weapons against TW mobs. I'll like to see some parses against exp mobs, and find out if melee damage is as consistent from one swing to the next as it is against TW mobs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    I saw someone suggest that the variance in damage reduces as you get sufficiently higher than the mob you're attacking. If that's the case, perhaps those MNKs will still end up with a capped attack Min pDif of 1.6 (i.e. the variance due to level difference makes pDif go between 1.6 and 2.4, but caps the final pDif value at 2.0 for one handers).
    Doubt it. Level has never affected PDIF ranges. It just lowered the ratio PDIF is calculated with if the mob is higher than you.

    Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean with the last part of the quote.

    Leave a comment:


  • LyonheartLakshmi
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    As I expected, the MNKs were just jumping the gun. PDIF got changed not just for two-handers, but non-two-handers as well.

    Before, capped attack
    Min PDIF: 1.6 (2.6 on crits)
    Max PDIF: 2.4 (3.0 on crits)

    Now
    Min PDIF: 2.0 (3.0 on crits)
    Max PDIF: 2.0 (3.0 on crits)

    They were expecting their max damage to be (DMG + fSTR) * 2.4, but when their max turned out to be (DMG + fSTR) * 2.0 they quickly assumed they got nerfed.

    EDIT:
    Disclaimer: This is info I've gathered from threads, I have not personally gone on my character smacking around Too Weak mobs to witness myself always hit with 2.0 PDIF. The screenshots I saw are enough for me though.
    In other words, there is no damage variance when these MNKs attacked a TW mob. I'd like to find out if this holds true when they fight EM, T, VT and IT mobs.

    I saw someone suggest that the variance in damage reduces as you get sufficiently higher than the mob you're attacking. If that's the case, perhaps those MNKs will still end up with a capped attack Min pDif of 1.6 (i.e. the variance due to level difference makes pDif go between 1.6 and 2.4, but caps the final pDif value at 2.0 for one handers).

    Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
    From what some friends were parsing in game from just a war perspective:

    Ridill/Joy > Man/Ridill > Gaxe > Man/jugg
    I have a Juggernaut, and I hope this doesn't end up being the case. I had to save up for quite a while to afford my Juggernaut. Now, a 3+ million gil investment can be trumped by any 10k gil GAxe?

    It would have been fine if Straps addressed how 2 handers don't get the opportunity to buff their main weapon with stats from their offhand. But this change effectively gives any 2 handed user the equivalent of an offhand boost bigger than a Juggernaut + multiple Peacock Charms, all for free.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Haubergeon is even more epic for two-handers now, I doubt it'll go down (+15 Attack, +15 Accuracy, +5 STR, +5 DEX is kind of...yeah...)

    I can't wait to get Spirit Taker now, I'll probably never die. Ever.

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    My question is, why is that so bad?

    I personally am happy, because 1handers have been owning the market.

    Now is a good time though, because it appears that people are GIVING AWAY woodmans rings. Being as how I'll be using 1h Weapons till the cows come home, I think I'll capitalize.

    Scorpion Harness and Haubergeon haven't come down in price like I hoped

    Leave a comment:


  • 711rocks
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    It's not that we got nerfed, the 2hs just got too ridiculous a boost.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    For the last time, one-handers didn't get nerfed D: They made some tweaks to the damage formula, but as far as I can tell non-two-handed weapons didn't get penalized in the process at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Akashimo
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    O.O >.< O.O >.< O.O >.< @_@ >.< <.>â„¢
    Ok.... trying to get a general idea of what happened since i last posted on this thread(some reason didn't get on my subscription list)....
    1dex=1acc??!.....And... they nerf the dmg to for thf and mnks!?!! /fume.....
    Great... just great.... -.- please tell me i didn't interpt it correcty.....

    Edit....
    Did testing on whm/nin with clubs. Dmg seemed a bit high on EP mobs
    Before update, 30-50, now, 40-70. Whm/sam with staff (skill 167 mind you) and using just seigan/third eye. Near perfect acc, dmg 50-90, crits 100-120. Sunburst 100-125. Yeah......... I'm a bit scared to test on thf.....
    Last edited by Akashimo; 08-28-2007, 07:37 PM. Reason: nuuuuuuuuu

    Leave a comment:


  • Celeal
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    But the post from KI with 3358 dmg Penta Thrust on Spongilla Fly in Caedarva Mire XD

    I have a feeling that if S-E intention is to even out 2-handed vs dual weird, there should be a method for 2-hander to on-par with Ridill WAR.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X