Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8-27 Update!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by fallenintoshadows View Post
    I want a moogle cap

    The /translate function is great, it's a shame you can't translate whatever you like but I guess you'd get complete idiots translating garbage and translations would most likely not be accurate
    The /translate function does require you to be able to correctly spell/type it in English in the first place, so it's going to be largely unusable for the majority of players. >.>

    Leave a comment:


  • Omni
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    the thing about drk is that it has to use /ja's and ws to draw hate.

    mnk get hate from just auto-attacking.

    i do agree that mnk is pretty damn powerful, perhaps the reason why they havent gotten any updates in quite some time. id hate to see SE take that away from us because thats all we are good at though. just smashing things.

    i dont see drk needing to sub nin to save their hides if played properly. of course u can have ur run of the mill nub who spams crap for no reason and thinks its cool to pull hate off a tank. but then again, why would u consciously decide to be an idiot?

    wishie: i know. i cant quit you either.

    Leave a comment:


  • fallenintoshadows
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    I want a moogle cap

    The /translate function is great, it's a shame you can't translate whatever you like but I guess you'd get complete idiots translating garbage and translations would most likely not be accurate

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    DRKs aren't too far off. They already drew as much hate as Mnks if played to their fullest (this is especially true pre-merit era where there's a reason for Abs spells) from their huge hate spells and JAs -- their incredibly potent per-swing damage didn't help the situation. I imagine DRKs will be the new MNKs? subbing NIN for defense instead of damage?

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    IDC if MNKs want to cry foul.

    Only class in the game that has to sub something thing to make them WEAKER since they're so overpowered.

    Omni: You know I love you Brokeback Style, man.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    Two actually, there's a Double Attack+ grip in game too.
    Wow, I didn't even notice that lol! I must be psychic!


    ...I still want a RAcc one for COR

    Leave a comment:


  • LyonheartLakshmi
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Jonastb View Post
    So has this update been a nerf for MNK? They said they updated Howling Fist and Dragon Kick, but they conveniently left out how.
    I think MNKs are still trying to get their head around what happened to pDif, and why they can't seem to get up to 2.4 pDif against TW mobs.

    Someone suggested that changes were made to Howling Fist and Dragon Kick because those are the two highest WSs that PUPs have access to, and part of the update was giving PUPs some kind of power increase.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    Katana Strap. I actually pegged one with my baseless speculations! Go me!
    Two actually, there's a Double Attack+ grip in game too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    There's also more possiblities to this than just lowering Scythe delays. They could do something like have a grip that adds RAcc, making it feasible for a RNG or COR to use Fire Staff and /SAM for Hasso. Or even add trait bonuses like Double Attack or Zanshin enhancements. They've opened up a way to do a whole hell of a lot for many jobs with this, I'm interested to see what they make of it.
    Katana Strap. I actually pegged one with my baseless speculations! Go me!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonastb
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    So has this update been a nerf for MNK? They said they updated Howling Fist and Dragon Kick, but they conveniently left out how.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omni
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
    IMO, nerf the God Damn MNKs.
    always trying to hold me down wishie. its ok if you fear me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sevv
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
    DRKs and DRGs were in the same boat prior to this last update. Well I guess they're still in the same boat now, except it isn't capsized and actually has a motor.
    My drg always preformed well, now i need to put it back together...

    We can rebuild him...

    Leave a comment:


  • eticket109
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Aeni View Post
    I don't know about SAMs, but DRKs have been hurting for a long time, due to many scale backs of Abilities since Japan release (They've been weakened moreso than any othe rmelee DD class combined)
    DRGs can also solo, which I'm sure SE is not blind of that fact >_>
    DRKs and DRGs were in the same boat prior to this last update. Well I guess they're still in the same boat now, except it isn't capsized and actually has a motor.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by Eauijhkuu View Post
    Because SAM and DRK haven't benefited enough from the last few updates.
    DRG is the only job that really deserves full use of grips and trait additions, imo.
    I don't know about SAMs, but DRKs have been hurting for a long time, due to many scale backs of Abilities since Japan release (They've been weakened moreso than any othe rmelee DD class combined)

    DRGs can also solo, which I'm sure SE is not blind of that fact >_>

    Leave a comment:


  • eticket109
    replied
    Re: 8-27 Update!

    Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
    has anyone noticed any problems with mnk damage after the update? I've not had the chance to get onto my own mnk to see what all the roohah is about. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the thread on Killing Ifrit.

    Apparently mnk's damage have been significantly decreased on tw mobs. There has been reports of it not being the case on exp mobs but nothing quite substantiated yet, which is why I was wondering if anyone here had any info.
    It also seems that the cap on 1hand damage including h2h has been brought down considerably but made more consistent from what I can gather. Unfortunately this is causing a drop in mnks damage while all other DDs are seeing a large boost. This is what I'm gathering from what's being said. I haven't been able to confirm it myself. Anyone have any info on this?

    All of the posts I've seen lately seem to say that they changed the pDIF calcs and the formula is making things really look wonky now. Its affecting all weapons but H2H seems to be the most noticeable.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X