Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DakAttack
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    The reduction to damage output is closer to 6% than 10%, and the result, in practice, is meaningless. There are many things going on in a dungeon or trial that prevent you from hitting your full damage potential. Among them, pulling enough hate to earn yourself a quick death is easy enough without thunder.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Losing thunder is at least a 10% dps nerf. That's pretty substantial. Getting blizzard 2 does NOT make up for that loss.

    So now we get to spam ruin 2 more often, yay. Oh and Sustain now bleeds our MP even faster, wonderful. Let's not forget that Shadowflare will now wake mobs and break bind (which to be fair, I'm surprised wasn't the case before). The only good thing that came in the update were the fixes to pet AI.

    Leave a comment:


  • DakAttack
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    I went to update FFXIV and now the launcher is broken. Wtf?

    Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Aaaaaand SMN got nerfed hard. WTF SE?
    What's the nerf? Their patch notes list a few changes for Arcanist, but none that are game-breaking.


    Oh, they're complaining about the removal of thunder. Ok. Not a nerf. Life will go on.
    Last edited by DakAttack; 12-16-2013, 07:40 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Freeze is a Blizzard II that you can actually aim. it's actually going to be useful.

    And who uses Scathe? The only time I ever use Scathe is when I'm waiting for Umbral Ice III to tick with a Firestarter Proc up. It's pretty much worthless for everything else and is a waste of a global cooldown at any other point.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Freeze still seems like shit to me, and the scathe nerf blows.

    MNK buff does seem rather crazy, though I would argue the DRG buffs are even more nuts. I LOVE that they finally fixed power surge, so now I can regularly do a big critical jump every 65s and the boosts to chaos thrust and phlem are just oh-em-gee. HT going up to 15% is also quite nasty and really offsets the nerf to BFB - especially since it's not on a cooldown and can be kept up indefinitely. Hell the only thing missing was a further extension of Disembowl's duration and damage immunity for evasive jump (something I still don't understand why we don't have).

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Holy also has a stun so it was fairly easy to keep a pack of mobs locked down by it, taking the control role away from the BLM.

    To be fair MNK got some pretty ridiculous buffs to compensate. I'm still baffled about it myself.

    BLM was actually buffed. Blizzard II is a worthless spell anyway and only gets used as filler fo making Freeze worth casting is great. DRG losing the animation lock is nice too. might be worth taking one for Coil now they are no longer a liability.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    o.O didn't think it was that strong.

    I still don't like losing thunder on SMN or the direct nerfs to BFB and IS - would have made far more sense to nerf them when used outside of that class (or they could boost each class' enhance trait to make up for this) or simply cut 1 of them from BRD as that was the problem.

    Rain of Death nerf is also insanely stupid as it doesn't just hurt BRD but hurts the entire party.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Holy nerf was indeed needed. A WHM could parse level with a fucking BLACK MAGE just by spamming that one spell. Plus it was AoE, had a ridonkulously short cast time, cost less than most BLM nukes, and hit harder than Flare. There's a VERY good reason why the ideal Myth farm setup is PLD, BLM, BRD, WHM.

    Yes it needed fucking nerf.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Aaaaaand SMN got nerfed hard. WTF SE?


    A lot of those changes are highly questionable. First of all, I thought BRD was getting nerfed but it actually got buffed - the hawk eye change is huge. Meanwhile they nerfed Blood for Blood & Internal Release, rather than just nerfing their potency when subbed or restricting BRD's access to either one. There are a LOT of nerfs in this patch actually, most of which hardly make any sense.

    Was nerfing Holy and Medica 2 really needed? Or Wrath? I mean WTF they were supposed to be buffing WAR, and most of the changes are good but they nerf Wrath & Inner Beast while also buffing Shield Oath for PLD?! WTF ?!?!?! I'm starting to really lose faith in this team.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    If they were boosting Allagan then they would have had to really overhaul the stats since a lot of classes would have been screwed over by that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    8 Mil for the cheapest Free Company House and only FC leaders can buy them.

    If I were in the RMT business, I would love a period of time where I could move large sums of gil to a particular person, raising little suspicion.

    Oh wait.

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    I must have missed that part, thanks.

    Hopefully you'll have to fight the extreme mode primals and have to beat leviathan to get it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hayde
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Originally posted by Takelli View Post
    I completely agree. I looked up the Allegan gear, because it was myth that was getting a boost, but I didn't have time to post it.

    I think we should get an upgrade for our relic weapons. But, make it so that there's some sort of hard fight designed for the job, as well as visit the three hardest places to get to, no mount while grabbing something there.

    Just so that relic+1 can be upgraded and still wanted.
    Unless they go back on their words, they already said they have plans to upgrade relic weapons; with 2.1 the only weapons that will truly 'dominate' relic's would be the 95 allagan weapons; the extreme primal's still only drop ilevel 90 gear and CT only has ilvl 80. If I'm going to throw my bets on anything, I'm thinking hard/extreme Leviathan in 2.2 will be the means of upgrading our current relic weapons.

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    I completely agree. I looked up the Allegan gear, because it was myth that was getting a boost, but I didn't have time to post it.

    I think we should get an upgrade for our relic weapons. But, make it so that there's some sort of hard fight designed for the job, as well as visit the three hardest places to get to, no mount while grabbing something there.

    Just so that relic+1 can be upgraded and still wanted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    ^ good to know. I still think myth cap is nonsense though and you're not convincing me otherwise, not in a game where you can play all classes on 1 character. Imagine the rage if back in XI if they pulled something similar with AF/Relic/Empyrean gear?

    Granted, XI now has 22 jobs in it vs XIV's 9 (2 shared by 1 class) but it would be just as aggravating.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hayde
    replied
    Re: What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

    Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    They aren't. Allagan in a number of cases is better, and will be even stronger after the patch as they're being bumped up to iLv 95 so bam, myth gear is already outdated as will be +1 Relics. That didn't take long now did it?


    And I have a decent FC that runs coil and other stuff. The only reason I'm not doing coil right now is because I want to do CT first like we're all supposed to (remember that was the devs' original intent and the release of CT got pushed back because it was too hard and needed re-balancing)



    The cap is still complete utter bull. The weekly lockouts on Coil are rather shitty too, quite frankly. Arugably even more so since they're random drops and not items you can simply purchase if you've farmed enough. At least with Relic armor in Dynamis it was only a 3-day thing and you could get time extensions while inside the event to farm more. I'm not asking for anything to be handed to me, I'm asking that SE stop arbitrarily putting in cheap cockblocks to stop myself and others from progressing as much as we'd like to. Welcome to fatigue 2.0
    Hello, everyone!

    We double checked with Yoshi-P and what he mentioned during the stream is correct. Only Allagan weapons will have their item levels increased to 95. Sorry about the confusion!


    Allagan Gear getting buffed to ilvl95. - Page 42

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X