Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life in Eorzea! (video!) Official Youtube Channel!!!! town! squee!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life in Eorzea! (video!) Official Youtube Channel!!!! town! squee!!!!

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    The races do not look the same, there are a good bit of differences (other then "human")

the armor does not look the same -.-

people really need to get over the "OMG it looks like FFXI HD" because it doesn't.
    Other then skin color the Elfs in XIV are the same as the ones in XI.

Other then skin color and the more human like nose, the Cat girls are the same in XIV as they are in XI

Other then the lack of a tail and longer legs, the big burly guys in XIV are the same as they are in XI

The only actually different ones are the Taru/Lalafell, but even they have a lot of similarities.

Compared to say the races in WoW, Aion, Warhammer, or even the FFTA/FFXII universe, the races in XIV are the same as the ones in XI. We just have more customization options this time around.

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
    Completely agree with you on that point. Every one says its gonna be FFXI Remix in HD, but it isn't. There is only so much you can do with land scape. Grass will look like grass no matter where you go. Dirt looks like dirt, sand looks like sand and so on. You can only do so much with the landscape as well before it looks like something completely different.
    Dude, the town in the XIV vid looked just like Bastok right down to the brick layouts and colors. While things like that may change from Alpha to release, right now it's very similar to what we have.

FFXIV is FFXI-2 in HD. At this point, that's not really even a question. The story and gameplay will be much different, but they're keeping far more similarities between the two then any other previous mainline FFs to this day.

But here's the kicker. That's not a bad thing.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
      But here's the kicker. That's not a bad thing.
      This. Graphically speaking, i too think it's FFXI in HD with some more customizations. But you know, that's not a bad thing, I don;t view it that way. Game play wise, it's going to be alot different than FFXI it's sounding. That too is not a bad thing. I can't wait!
      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
      RANK 10 Bastok
      CoP: Done
      ZM: Done
      ToA: Done
      Assault rank: Captain
      Campaign Medal: Medals
      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

This isn't even the same world anymore.

Limsa is nothing like Bastok. You can point out some color similiarities, but relating Limsa to Bastok
        is like saying Kalm in FF7 is the same thing as Treno in FF9.

the Elezens compared to the Elvaans are totally different too. Not just because they are on a different world, but the tribes and other
        things prove they have different history and cultures too. Not to mention some physical differences with their ears and such.

Comment

What, physically, is different between the two Elf races?

p.s. if you mention color and hairstyles (HD related additions) you lose.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

They still have the Dhamel necks.

No I couldn't really find a difference.

Comment

I laughed when I noticed that one of the Elezen models that were on that page looks just like one of my FFXI mules. I'd point it out, but all the pictures are blocked here.
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Their face structure is different. and you shouldn't use 'HD' loosely. FFXIV could have not supported HD, and still appear as it does now, art direction-wise.

HD only relates to screen resolution, not the actual textures and other details that come with 3-D models.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                  Their face structure is different. and you shouldn't use 'HD' loosely. FFXIV could have not supported HD, and still appear as it does now, art direction-wise.

HD only relates to screen resolution, not the actual textures and other details that come with 3-D models.
                  Besides being all shiny and new, they look almost exactly the same, which is what they said in an interview back when they revealed it did they not? Something about having "The same actors in a different setting."

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
                    I dunno...I did think "Oh, Port Jeuno" while I was watching it...

It did look alot more like FFXI than what I was expecting.
                    I had the same thought. Needs more footage.

Yes it does look graphically better, but reminded me a lot of Jeuno.
                    "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

and you shouldn't use 'HD' loosely.
                      What about "FFXI THX Digitally Remastered now with Extra Eyecandy!" (Why so srs?) XD

Well maybe ppl will accept FFXIV has its own world when open beta starts.
                      Just admit that you worked for SE and we'll believe.
                      Last edited by Durahansolo; 04-01-2010, 09:01 AM.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

mew mew mew! *whaps keyboard* =>.<=

Comment

Are those mews and that face really necessary? O_o

Makes me cringe when I read it, since I can't read cat.

I'm sure FFXIV will have its own world, nobody's really disputing that, they're just saying there are a lot of similarities between the areas shown in the video, and the city of Jeuno, and the mountains of Bastok.

Comment

I want to smash my face on the keyboard when a certain someone posts.

Anyways, yes, XIV looks to be a XI v.20 type of thing. Just because the city you're in is new, and you have different colored skin, doesn't make it a fresh new game.

But it still looks bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                              I just jizzed myself.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY"]YouTube- The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants[/nomedia]

Elmer translated the video; Eorzeapedia: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV, FF14) News, Wiki, Forums, Community and more � Life in Eorzea #1 Translated
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I hate you.

But yeah, FFXIV !! LOOKS !! alot like FFXI. Stop trying to point out little subtle differences, and act like it's a huge change. Facial structure? Give me a break. So my Mithra got plastic surgery, it's still the same thing. If you wanna play that game, look at all the similarities in the armor they're wearing, in comparrison to leather armor in FFXI. Little changes here and there. Or how bout the spear? Looks eerily similar to Bronze Spear or whatever in XI. And quit being stupid, that place looks very similar to Bastok. I can't wait to kill Bees until level 10, then go to the Dunes in HD. It's gunna be sweet! =/

Visually: Different
                                Gameplay: Different
                                Idea: Same

That in my mind is how it's going down AT THE MOMENT, and can change, but for now to me that = HD Remix.
                                Kyomaa-RETIRED-
                                Ramuh
                                THF: 75 NIN: 75 RNG: 41 WAR: 37 MNK: 19
                                Woodworking: 59
                                Bonecraft: 14
                                Leatherworking: 16
                                Proud Member of IronMaidenTroopers!!

Comment

Working...
                                X