Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life in Eorzea! (video!) Official Youtube Channel!!!! town! squee!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life in Eorzea! (video!) Official Youtube Channel!!!! town! squee!!!!

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wp-conten...3/allraces.jpg

OFFICAL CHANNEL!!!!!! SQueee mew mew mew mew meeeeew!!!!! xD *explodes*

YouTube - FINALFANTASYXIV's Channel

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-vjy97RuoA"]YouTube- FINAL FANTASY XIV "Life in Eorzea" #1[/ame]

*is launched over the horizon*

Re: Life in Eorzea! (video!) Official Youtube Channel!!!! town! squee!!!!

Originally posted by Translation via BG:

First, we are introduced to Riekom, Julia and Aratam, our narrators. They are a Hyur, Lalafell and Roegadyn, respectively. They comment that the alpha test for Final Fantasy XIV is finally set to begin, and for today's video, they will give us a small tour. As the three characters stand over a balcony, the camera pans and they ask what everyone thinks of this beautiful land.
    In a store, they take a look around and remark at the large amount of goods lined up on the shelves. You can see Riekom's character give an enthusiastic thumbs up. There's even a small aquarium to view, but even more exciting: "Chocobo!" the three narrators shout in unison.
    "Many different people are working throughout the town," says Riekom as a Roegadyn pounds an ingot. The remark how an Elezen begins to cry as she cuts open an onion for her cooking. Some more scenes of characters cooking get Riekom even more excited. Then all three are pleasantly surprised to see a hamburg steak being fried up. Hamburg steak (hamburger meat served without the bun meatloaf style) is a very popular and
    common dish in Japan.
    After the cooking tour is finished, Riekom then says she'll introduce everyone to some of the character emotes.
    "Lalafell! How cute! It's dancing!" they exclaim.
    The video finishes up with Riekom apologizing for only being able to show eager adventurers so little this first time around. But she continues to say we can look forward to seeing more parts of Eorzea in future videos!
    "Look forward to next time!" they cheer as their characters wave to the audience.
    Looks good, yet eerily familiar...
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

ET.... kawaii......

Comment

I was excited at first. But to kick you in the face they mention alpha hasn't started yet. Which makes me wonder why they offered to reconsider us for beta on some sites like ffxiclopedia and alla. don't get me wrong I really want to play this game. but totally put off since i thought beta would be starting sometimes in april or may.

Comment

Beta opens up April 1st. It was supposed to open up a few weeks ago but they ran into issues that needed fixing.

But that's kind of the whole point of the beta testing, to find and fix all the problems they can before it goes live.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

i understand they testing and etc. but they specificly said ALPHA is about to begin meaning beta is way far away. Hence the reason im pissed since we signed up for beta, twice, waited, and alpha hasnt even started. making me wonder if they will have another "be reconsidered for beta" application. but if thats how SE is planning to thin out the numbers for beta participants..then i have to admit...well played SE weeding out the ones that dont keep up with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
              Beta opens up April 1st. It was supposed to open up a few weeks ago but they ran into issues that needed fixing.

But that's kind of the whole point of the beta testing, to find and fix all the problems they can before it goes live.
              there has been nothing official that said beta will start April 1st

alpha has not even started yet, and they said some time early April
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

ya just be patient. The delay is for good reason, it's the only way to make sure the test runs smoothly before they start making the rest of FFXIV smoothly. There may still be problems first day of testing, so it won't mean a thing if they rush things and people have problems even starting to play/interact with the system.

Also there is no telling how far or how close the beta will be next. IF things go on schedule, it could happen sooner than later. It just depends how many problems they run into along the way. They are being smart with this project. IT won't matter if impatient people give up on entering the alpha/beta because their space will be instantly filled by others.

Comment

I agree with jenova. You dont join a beta to play early. you join to test. We just gotta be patient.

Comment

Wow that video got me pretty excited. I've been waiting a long time for any kind of gameplay footage, even as little as that.

Oh, and Taru > Lalafell.
                    FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
                    FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                      there has been nothing official that said beta will start April 1st
                      Leaked info from the Beta tester site iirc stated that. They also posted the Alpha Testers manual on the site explaining how the game will start off, gave a simple step by step of character creation (including choosing a birthday and personal deity) and then went on to explain the battle system, the color based check system, loot system and current death penalty.

Whatever phase it is, people will be play testing this game very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                        Leaked info from the Beta tester site iirc stated that. They also posted the Alpha Testers manual on the site explaining how the game will start off, gave a simple step by step of character creation (including choosing a birthday and personal deity) and then went on to explain the battle system, the color based check system, loot system and current death penalty.

Whatever phase it is, people will be play testing this game very soon.
                        mother fu....I want to know who leaked that -.- "leaked info" my ass, there has been nothing posted on the beta forums about the beta (again alpha has not even started) starting tomorrow
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

That was a very nice video to see, even though how little of it there was. Looks like the characters will have actual emotions (At least the NPCs instead of just stand there) this time around.

Comment

... drool
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                              mother fu....I want to know who leaked that -.- "leaked info" my ass, there has been nothing posted on the beta forums about the beta (again alpha has not even started) starting tomorrow
                              Well the topic with all the Alpha manual stuff already got nuked so I can't say who posted that, but from how it was laid out, the info all looked legit. Of course the whole April 1st thing could be people just playing pranks on other people.

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                              That was a very nice video to see, even though how little of it there was. Looks like the characters will have actual emotions (At least the NPCs instead of just stand there) this time around.
                              ...wait what? Crafter NPCs did the same things in FFXI. Chances are most static NPCs will stay static until you talk to em.

Comment

Working...
                              X