Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life in Eorzea! (video!) Official Youtube Channel!!!! town! squee!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life in Eorzea! (video!) Official Youtube Channel!!!! town! squee!!!!

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
    I could understand what you mean. I loved the Tarus emotes all of them, especially how they pulled out their H2H weapons and their /wave emotion. As well as all the Mithra's emotes. I just hate how the Elvaans emotes where though, esp the /sigh one...
    Oh I loved when Elvaans would cast! It looked like they would stand on their tippie toes and then the bottom of their armor would flutter....just loved that!

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
    TGM, its odd you played this game so long but never learned the emote:

/smackabitch
    LOL I'll try to remember that if I play FFXIV.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Yeah, when it comes to offensive spell casting I think Elvaan got the best representation. Plus their arms are so long and in such a position that it really looks like their putting effort into it. My hume looks lazy casting his AMII's.

Edit: /sarcasm

But wait, FFXIV IS NOT FFXI REDUX!1!

/sarcasm off
      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
        Oh I loved when Elvaans would cast! It looked like they would stand on their tippie toes and then the bottom of their armor would flutter....just loved that!
        Oh yea I know. Offensive Elvaan Sch FTW! lol. I just love how he looks when he casts black magic.

Comment

the Lalafell is entirely new. There will be plenty of new things included.

And there is no spot in Vana'diel that looks like those areas in Limsa Lominsa. Totally original town!!!!!

Lots of Original clothes and hairstyles too.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post

And there is no spot in Vana'diel that looks like those areas in Limsa Lominsa. Totally original town!!!!!

squee?
            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
            RANK 10 Bastok
            CoP: Done
            ZM: Done
            ToA: Done
            Assault rank: Captain
            Campaign Medal: Medals
            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I dunno...I did think "Oh, Port Jeuno" while I was watching it...

It did look alot more like FFXI than what I was expecting.

Comment

You don't understand the definition of "original". When you use the same idea, and spice it up a little bit (IE: better graphics, slightly different hairstyles, different skin colors) it's not original, it's an upgrade.

This game looks like an UPGRADE of FFXI. Sure, the battle system is different, that's because the battle system in XI sucked. The landscape looks similar, the armor looks damn near the same, and the races are the exact same (aside from customization options "omg squee squee mew mew mew xD" )

Not saying it's gunna suck, or that I'm not gunna play it, or even that I'm not excited about it. Just saying, it's not original, and it's a little disappointing.

Edit: Btw, I'm gunna still call all the races by the XI names, because the new ones suck.
                Last edited by CrimsonDeath; 04-01-2010, 07:10 AM. Reason: :X
                Kyomaa-RETIRED-
                Ramuh
                THF: 75 NIN: 75 RNG: 41 WAR: 37 MNK: 19
                Woodworking: 59
                Bonecraft: 14
                Leatherworking: 16
                Proud Member of IronMaidenTroopers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
                  I dunno...I did think "Oh, Port Jeuno" while I was watching it...
                  aaaah! nuuuuuuuuuu! Port Jeuno is nothing like that. >.<

Port Jeuno is just a road with a few airships ports, stairs, and a few shops underground, that's all. It didn't even have actual sea ships docked.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonDeath View Post
                    Edit: Btw, I'm gunna still call all the races by the XI names, because the new ones suck.
                    LOL! Agreed... It'd be one thing to create new names for the races if they were, um, new...
                    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                    RANK 10 Bastok
                    CoP: Done
                    ZM: Done
                    ToA: Done
                    Assault rank: Captain
                    Campaign Medal: Medals
                    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

You don't understand the definition of "original". When you use the same idea, and spice it up a little bit (IE: better graphics, slightly different hairstyles, different skin colors) it's not original, it's an upgrade.

This game looks like an UPGRADE of FFXI. Sure, the battle system is different, that's because the battle system in XI sucked. The landscape looks similar, the armor looks damn near the same, and the races are the exact same (aside from customization options "omg squee squee mew mew mew xD" )

Not saying it's gunna suck, or that I'm not gunna play it, or even that I'm not excited about it. Just saying, it's not original, and it's a little disappointing.

only so much you can do with "Plains" "forest" "desert"

The races do not look the same, there are a good bit of differences (other then "human")

the armor does not look the same -.-

people really need to get over the "OMG it looks like FFXI HD" because it doesn't.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post

The races do not look the same, there are a good bit of differences (other then "human")

people really need to get over the "OMG it looks like FFXI HD" because it doesn't.

You're just upset cause you're wrong. The armor looks exactly the same but with more pixels lol. It still looks lame. I can't wait to wear Scale Mail while partying up out in a desert beach area... =/

Btw~ The races look close enough to the same. "Omg SQUEE Mithra's face looks SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY different! OMGHYPERSQUEE you can actually change skin color WOW! THAT'S SOOOOO REVOLUTIONARY !!" give me a break. It's the same idea, in hd. =/ It is a HD Remix with better gameplay elements. Maybe I can still fall asleep in parties cause there is so little to do

And maybe we don't need to get over the "OMG it looks like FFXI HD", and maybe you need to join us instead of acting like J-9. :p
                        Kyomaa-RETIRED-
                        Ramuh
                        THF: 75 NIN: 75 RNG: 41 WAR: 37 MNK: 19
                        Woodworking: 59
                        Bonecraft: 14
                        Leatherworking: 16
                        Proud Member of IronMaidenTroopers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post

Completely agree with you on that point. Every one says its gonna be FFXI Remix in HD, but it isn't. There is only so much you can do with land scape. Grass will look like grass no matter where you go. Dirt looks like dirt, sand looks like sand and so on. You can only do so much with the landscape as well before it looks like something completely different.

Comment

You're just upset cause you're wrong. The armor looks exactly the same but with more pixels lol. It still looks lame. I can't wait to wear Scale Mail while partying up out in a desert beach area... =/

Btw~ The races look close enough to the same. "Omg SQUEE Mithra's face looks SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY different! OMGHYPERSQUEE you can actually change skin color WOW! THAT'S SOOOOO REVOLUTIONARY !!" give me a break. It's the same idea, in hd. =/ It is a HD Remix with better gameplay elements. Maybe I can still fall asleep in parties cause there is so little to do

And maybe we don't need to get over the "OMG it looks like FFXI HD", and maybe you need to join us instead of acting like J-9. :p
                            The races also look different enough, to be new, their back stories alone are different enough. Also the armor is a bit different in style... its not the same as FFXI, but we might see some of the gear returning for fan sake.

Now yes there are many similarities in the two, but that is expected, since it is the next online FF.

Every FF has had new and/or different races in them yes.... but for the few FF that have had sequels, or spin offs, the races have been the same, and no one complained then.

new lore, similar races, familiar but different landscapes, new art style = FFXIV, != FFXI-2 HD
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

1) How can someone be wrong for having an opinion? Your opinion is it's FFXI in HD, others see it differently, I happen to be one of them.

2) Pixels? At least have an intelligent argument ready. This isn't SNES.

3) So what if there is a desert-beach area? I'd be disappointed if there wasn't.

4) Already noted that races are almost the same. S-E already said why they did this.

5) What job were you playing that you could fall asleep? I guarantee I never could with any of mine. This comment also shows you did absolutely no research on this game- S-E stated MULTIPLE TIMES that there won't be auto battle.

6) Join you? Why? Because it's cool to diss a game that isn't even in Alpha yet?
                              FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
                              FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

people calling the races by the older races will look like fools to the majority who are new to mmorpgs/FF mmorpg, especially when lots that will populate it will have FFXIV as their first online Final Fantasy.

So stubborn XI veterans are going to get smothered and corrected by the majority who are smart enough to treat FFXIV as its own universe and
                                lore.

Comment

Working...
                                X