• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: E3 2009: FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Coming in 2010

Thank god my PC DIED a few weeks asgo and i got an ew one wooooot

Comment

Art Director: Akihiko Yoshida (Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XII)

Sweet. Though it just reminds me how much I want an Ivalice MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cometgreen View Post
        Art Director: Akihiko Yoshida (Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XII)

Sweet. Though it just reminds me how much I want an Ivalice MMO.

I loved FFXII and Tactics, but....NOOOOOOOO.

Bad enough we have manthras running around, next thing we need is male players running around as half-naked viera (bunny chicks, think thats what theyre called).
        Originally posted by Van Wilder
        Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
        Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
        I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Saw nothing about Vana'diel, but this is clearly a new location.

Clearly in the future as well.

I'm going to play FFXI until they announce what'll be happening with FFXIV. IF you can "transfer" your character, then so be it.

I'm not holding my breath. The act of connecting the two worlds physically seems so programming intensive and impossible, I'm going to need people to stop acting like it's possible.

Please can we just hope for a game that was built from the ground up with consideration for FFXI's failures? The reason RMT thrives is because this game is such a friggin grind in the first place.

Things like Level-Sync and FoV show that they're listening to us, but Moblin Maze? Bosses that are more or less Crap Shots?

End-Game content that hasn't been figured out by tens of thousands of players after four years?

I wouldn't miss FFXIV. I'm glad that I don't have to keep fishing, cause I'd hate to have gotten a Lu Shangs.

I'll keep playing FFXI until they announce how the transfer system (if any) will work. If I get an incentive to bring over my FFXI character, I will (althought I wouldn't mind being a Hume...)
          The Tao of Ren
          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
          Originally posted by Kaeko
          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I honestly don't know if I should even bother with my return to XI now. I mean, really. If they're both going to be grindtastic, XIV is prettier and looks rather neat, but on the other hand I'm much closer to cap on XI.

Somewhat excited, mostly reserved watchfulness at the moment. There's quite a lot about XI I liked that could get me to play XIV, and quite a lot about XI that could be carried over that would be an instant turn-off.
            "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

I will play FFXI untill IT DIES.... FFXIV looks promising though

Comment

What I want most:
                No jump button.
                A skill system instead of a level system. Or at least a level sync system like in FFXI.
                Instead of Mog-houses, Mog-airships for single players and LS. Mog-Airships can be boarded almost any where and drop you in almost any zone. Much like FFX and FFXII.
                No lock-on target, wait period combat, while keeping things strategic and not twitch based.
                Something player created, instead of an "endgame", in between story lines.
                If there has to be PVP let it be player created and not Side A vs. Side B.

Comment

Even if you can bring your character over from FFXI, I won't do it. I remember starting FFXI when it was brand spanking new and no one knew what they were doing. Learning how to do simple little things was a crap shoot and I remember those moments fondly. I want to start out like that in any new MMO I play....newbie and loving it. It gives me fond memories of the game when I'm grinding away in endgame and wondering why I still play.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Anyone else notice that the first half of the trailer is a reference to the art from the installer for FFXI?

I dunno. It looks pretty as hell of course, but the important information about a game like this can't be conveyed in a trailer. Are the problems of FFXI fixed in this new game? That's all that's important.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Doesn't matter to me actually. I play every FF game being a "fangranny". LOL So I'll buy/play the JP release, get in the US beta, and buy/play the US release no matter what. I'm pitiful... /sigh
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
                        I would love to live in your mind, for just a day, i bet its a happy place...........or it could be another version of hell
                        It depends. Part of me wishes that they had just called Versus XIII "XIV" instead, or make something else FFXIV, so that Rapture would end up being FFXV. XV is the product of III and V, which means that game could not possibly be anything short of epic. And maybe Malacite would finally get his stupid "Mystic Knight."
                        Originally posted by Armando
                        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                        Originally posted by Armando
                        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                        Matthew 16:15

Comment

They could pull something akin to what 3D0 did with Heroes of Might and Magic 4;

That is, some horribly cataclysm forced the people of vana'diel to flee their world to this new one. Or it could just be a parallel universe, or even just another planet that happens to have the exact same races.

Either way I'm pleasantly surprised and just finished registering.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Although there is much we all dislike and enjoy in FFXI, here is hoping to a huge blockade of the RMT infestation that is now FFXI. That is all I would like. Players ripping off other players, well, that is life in the game, and real life sadly, but RMT must die.
                            "It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"
                            MC Scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                              Are the problems of FFXI fixed in this new game? That's all that's important.
                              This is my chief concern. SE has to fix FFXI before getting a new MMO up and running. How the hell they're going to manage to keep up both player bases is beyond me though. Also, I wonder if it will be good enough to put a dent in WoW's population?

I say this not because I want WoW to fail, but because FFXI is already short on players by comparison and a split player base would really suck.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Valid points by both of you.
                                "It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"
                                MC Scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X