E3 2009: FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Coming in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: E3 2009: FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Coming in 2010

Oh wow that trailer is pure win! Gotta say looks like we gonna have the same, or at least very similar to the ones we currently have in FFXI.
    Originally posted by Van Wilder
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

I seriously doubt SE needs to do much.

FFXI +1 with waaay more face types, character customizable features, and next-gen graphics (without gear blinking and the needless travel/NM/crappy-skillup-rate time sinks.) and players will be very happy.

...Or at least I will be. Specially if it's more limited-time-to-play friendly.

Even if it's the same level/skill grinding bussiness, that's also part of XI's charm.

But enough theories/wishes, let's see what the game will be really about.
      /wait 2010
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
        I seriously doubt SE needs to do much.

FFXI +1 with waaay more face types, character customizable features, and next-gen graphics (without gear blinking and the needless travel/NM/crappy-skillup-rate time sinks.) and players will be very happy.

...Or at least I will be. Specially if it's more limited-time-to-play friendly.

Even if it's the same level/skill grinding bussiness, that's also part of XI's charm.

But enough theories/wishes, let's see what the game will be really about.
        /wait 2010
        Hahaha... glad you made note of those things, and even admit you will be there regardless makes me feel good that most people I know will continue on to this new one. However, like the rest I am waiting for game play, and other mechanics to see what SE put into this one. Although I know I will be there, no matter what. Just went I lost hope in SE, they go and suprise me. Another, however, and my friends will laugh, but i knew it was an almost revamp of the game we play today hahaah... Bunny FTW sort of
        "It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"
        MC Scooter.

Comment

I would like some changes, but I honestly like the battle system that we have in place today. I guess yeah all we can do is hope for the best at this point.
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by gobo View Post
            uematsu has been hired to do the music. Nifty

fucking hell yes

Oh how I've missed his work. FF just isn't FF without his music.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

i was about to post this

I SHITPANTS'ED.

ill comment whenever im not feeling fucking overwhelmed as fucking shit
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what this will be about.

As for me, given that it looks like all the races from FFXI are present I'm hoping that it is like a graphical upgrade + new continent with access to the olde FFXI areas. That way you don't remove alot of the FFXI playerbase while giving the people who wanted a graphics upgrade what they wanted.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I think this is the coming of a New MMO genre.

My guess is FFXIV is going to work like the following:

FFXIV can be cast either in the future OR a parallel world OR even the past (long forgotten past?).

While SE can keep FFXI running and still getting their profit by making a interlink on their server with the FFXIV server by

giving benefit to each other.

If FFXIV works like the future, then anything you did in FFXI can affect the FFXIV (maybe increase character stats being part of the blood line of your FFXI character?) or maybe provide some items or such.

Maybe FFXI's world can change FFXIV world as well!

I could see how SE make more money like this, considering it will keep FFXI active because new FFXIV players will join FFXI world just to play some part of it. While many players who playing FFXI will keep 2 account now.

at a later stage, SE can even make character transfer over FFXIV's population reach certain level to further pursue FFXI player to join.
                  -add later-

Comment

Can't possibly be just a revamp that allows both games to be "the same", if you think about how bad we need some of the changes we need...

Comment

... but ... but ... but, I haven't gotten my Maat's Cap yet

When I get off of work I'll be able to view the pretties (trailers, screenies, etc) DAMN U WEBSENSE !!!

So it's confirmed for both PS3 and PC. Oh well... guess I'm SoL on that one. My 360 can barely handle FFxi, let alone it's younger and far sleaker sister so I understand why it's more than a long-shot for it to ever come to 360.

I wonder what impact this announcement will have on the sales of the upcoming mini-expansions for FFxi. Among many questions. Like wtf impact will this have on FFxi. I've only just now really gotten my stride in the game... finally.
                      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

it just ocurred to me...

high resolution mithra booty!

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

oh and galkas seem to have grown tired of their tails..

Comment

its been a long long time since i've been here but

Comment

I have concluded that there can either be two fates for FFXIV: It's either going to be really good, or it's going to absolutely suck. I have mathematical proof for either:

Think about it: what is the highest numerical modification that any item in FFXI can have? A +3, the gold-box standard (of medicines, anyway). It could very much be that a FFXIV could be gotten by "gold-boxing" FFXI, to make FFXI +3, or, again, FFXIV.

Of course, XIV is also the product of II and VII, so it could very much be absolutely horrible, too. With an obnoxious fanbase, to boot. <_<
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                            Originally posted by Armando
                            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                              I have concluded that there can either be two fates for FFXIV: It's either going to be really good, or it's going to absolutely suck. I have mathematical proof for either:

Think about it: what is the highest numerical modification that any item in FFXI can have? A +3, the gold-box standard (of medicines, anyway). It could very much be that a FFXIV could be gotten by "gold-boxing" FFXI, to make FFXI +3, or, again, FFXIV.

Of course, XIV is also the product of II and VII, so it could very much be absolutely horrible, too. With an obnoxious fanbase, to boot. <_<

I would love to live in your mind, for just a day, i bet its a happy place...........or it could be another version of hell

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                              it just ocurred to me...

high resolution mithra booty!

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

oh and galkas seem to have grown tired of their tails..
                              Maybe they evolved out of them?
                              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

LOL Just got a txt from my son who's in AZ with no computer so he's surfing the net on his iPhone and going bonkers over E3 stuff. He's like FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN MOM I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU...and I didn't have a clue to what he was talking about. LOL Too busy irl to worry about E3 lately but I'm glad they are making their next MMO a FF one...really glad. I wouldn't want it any other way.
                                Originally posted by Feba
                                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                                Originally posted by DakAttack
                                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X