E3 2009: FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Coming in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: E3 2009: FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Coming in 2010

Those are screenies from FFXII with FFXI shit photoshopped unto it.

(Ok I know I'm late to the pt on this but I had to add to a previous conversation.)

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post

I remember a quote from someone in FFXI, especially what's ongoing now:

"I am currently on ffxi everyday and have 2 lvl 75 jobs and still feel lonely. It's funny that getting one job to level 75 barely gets your foot in the door. Most linkshells won't even recruit you if you don't have two level 75's. And then if you don't have sea or salvage access -- you'll get to here about how awesome they are at least lol.

Nonetheless, I paid the price of belonging and got sea and salvage access and 2 level 75 jobs all in about 4 months. Only to find that most linkshells are really just cliques of elitists who have no desire whatsoever to help you but are really just using you to farm ancient currency and to gear up a few select leaders in the shell who have about 2-3 times the dkp as all the other members.

I am currently looking for mature friends who feel as I do, that "together" is a forgotten term in ffxi.
    Good luck to your friend but the outlook is grim if he's wanting endgame gear and a mature ls. What he said about endgame ls's is spot on. You have to have a thick skin to be able to survive in endgame. My last endgame ls vomited out "we help one another, we are all friends, everyone is treated equally" and it was all bullshit. It was all about getting the cool shineys for the top clique and they'd throw a piece down to us minions every so often just to keep us interested in doing events.

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    Most hardcore endgame linkshells make you just another face in the crowd and have a high turnover rate. That's how they get things done, when they lose one member they add another. Not for fun or friendship, but because they need the bodies. If you want loyal caring friends, you find them by playing the game for *fun*, not grinding to endgame and joining the big bad shells who only care about loot.
    So true Ziero. Never believe you are something special most of time because you aren't. High end endgame ls's can replace people in a blink of an eye. And don't listen to the absolute BULLSHIT they give you on their forums or when they talk to you. They aren't all friends and they aren't a family and they don't treat everyone fairly. There is ALWAYS a leadership clique and they are the ones that get preferential treatment. It usually consists of leaders, oldest ls members, and ass kissers.

I HOPE that endgame in FFXIV is different. I have my doubts though. You know that all the elitist pricks that have been playing forever and a day will be going over to FFXIV. Probably a lot of the ones that left FFXI for other games will be heading over there too. They'll be the ones racing to get to max level so they can spout off to everyone about how awesome they are.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
      I HOPE that endgame in FFXIV is different. I have my doubts though. You know that all the elitist pricks that have been playing forever and a day will be going over to FFXIV. Probably a lot of the ones that left FFXI for other games will be heading over there too. They'll be the ones racing to get to max level so they can spout off to everyone about how awesome they are.
      I'll be sure to have the staff of Big Whoop Magazine on speed dial for up-to-the-minute updates.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
        Gameplay HUD and Screenshots already???? @_@

THis is wonderful!!!! AAAAAAH wheee!^_^

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

LMAO thats cute.
          A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
            Well if it is as different and dependant of how a person plays those guys with no balls to do hard stuff because they are afraid of a little death will be weaker in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post

I'm definitely saving up this picture up for the next time you do something similar.

Oh wait . . .
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Originally posted by Armando
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Jenova please tell me you were being sarcastic with that image.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                  Jenova please tell me you were being sarcastic with that image.
                  okay I was sarcastic, but it was good fun. maybe FFXVII will look that good?

Comment

Working...
                  X