Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RDM Melee Guide Post 03/08 Update

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
    Or maybe another minor update note to blow out of proportion.

Shouldn't "TOPIC CLOSED" have equaled "THREAD LOCKED?"
    It was locked afaik, not sure how it got unlocked, lol.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Callisto, check Page 5 of this thread.

>_>;

Apparently, we have a breakdance battle we have to be getting to some time in the future.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

mmmk i get it topic closed. Just wanted to add my 2 gil in there lol. Was kinda hoping to get an informational reply, u know, like equip upgrades or equip to look towards getting in future levels. guess not...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaricia View Post
          mmmk i get it topic closed. Just wanted to add my 2 gil in there lol. Was kinda hoping to get an informational reply, u know, like equip upgrades or equip to look towards getting in future levels. guess not...
          There are better places so go.

This "guide" was in response to the 03.08 update, which offered ONE SMALL FUCKING CHANGE that wasn't even completely concerned with RDM melee, in the form of an MAcc increase for En-spells.

Something as small as an MAcc increase in said En-spells did not warrant an attempt to reexamine RDM frontline practices. To make it worse, the guide was woefully incomplete.

So, as I said, there are better places to seek input.

Comment

@ Lunaricia: This thread wasn't really a serious RDM melee thread per se, to be blunt it was started by a goofball who didn't even have good RDM melee gear to begin with but asserted they were the god almighty of RDM melee, and it just kind of went downhill from there.

Some of these threads may have some slightly better info/discussion:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/red...95-rdm-dd.html

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/red...udo-style.html

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/red...pal-blade.html

@ YM: IT'S ALREADY BEEN BROUGHTED!!!
            Last edited by Callisto; 08-06-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
              @ YM: IT'S ALREADY BEEN BROUGHTED!!!
              Animate you some sprites on this.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

If you want some input from an experienced RDM(people around here will vouch for me, I'm into melee RDM and RDM in general as much as anyone), this is the bulk of what I have to offer:

1) Never neglect your casting duties/gear for melee. If you really want to be a DD, level a DD job, RDM just doesn't have the skill set/gear selection to pull it off, aside from the fact that a 'good' RDM is extremely busy, and if you're doing all the stuff you should be to help your party, you just don't have much time left to swing. Know when it's time to sheath the sword and get to your back line duties. Without merits, debuffing XP mobs without staves can be difficult, and you should be debuffing. If you can land your Slow/Para/Blind with a sword on, then go for it.

2) Similar to that, XP parties are not skillup parties. Skill your Sword/Dagger and deal with Savage Blade on your own time.

3) In regards for upgrades higher up, first off merit at least 1 combat skill if you really care about melee RDM, I prefer Sword but Dagger is fine. It makes a huge difference, even if you're just soloing.

4) In terms of gear, this is what I use, I feel it's a pretty solid set, though prior to maxing my sword merits I was more comfortable with a larger Accuracy build as opposed to Haste. Even with Sushi, you're not likely to have enough Accuracy, trust me.

TP

WS

Comment

How did this thread get unlocked. lulz

The spirit of MrMageo will never die. x.x
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I think they made him a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaricia View Post
                      I think all the rdms will agree with me on this, at least i think, but once you start getting into TP burns, which is 95% of the ur lvling around lvl 55, your meleeing rdm experince will stop, UNLESS your in a SP.

Around lvl 55 your going to be given the sole responsibilty of Main Heal, most parties will invite 1 Tank, 4 DDs and 1 Healer, usealy a RDM, but some will invite both, most often, you will be responisble for the health of your party.

That being said it dosn't mean you should stop meleeing, but ppl want xp, they want chains, they want less Down time they want a rdm with tons of mp for tons more cures between converts. Some will allow u to melee others wont. Again this if ur not in a Static Party.

As for the new areas, I've yet to even party in them, and most do frequent the TP Burns.

Comment

Thanks for the info Phanex and Callisto. As for the SP, I don't have a SP but I static level with my Paladin friend so I never have to find a tank and I usually get to build parties the way I want. Of course, If there is no acceptable healer seeking, I usually change subs and gear and main heal or if there happens to be a lot of DD i just change gear and back row. So, although I prefer playing melee, I also can easily adapt to other RDM positions which is actually nice to keep me from getting bored playing the same style all the time. but anyways I'm done beating this horse. I'll shut up now.

Comment

Working...
                        X