Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forthcoming Job Adjustments (i.e. vague developer details from JP button)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forthcoming Job Adjustments (i.e. vague developer details from JP button)

WHM needs Divine Veil as a separate job ability goddamnit. There is no reason why it has to be tied with Divine Seal and have such long recast and therefore making SCH even better than WHM for this...and still he able to dump a stronger Cure after the AoE Status removal...

If there should be any change its this...THIS.

Comment

Originally posted by lionx View Post
      WHM needs Divine Veil as a separate job ability goddamnit. There is no reason why it has to be tied with Divine Seal and have such long recast and therefore making SCH even better than WHM for this...and still he able to dump a stronger Cure after the AoE Status removal...

If there should be any change its this...THIS.
      Accession Erase? Accession Stona? I'll give you those two.

The rest? Waste of an Accession charge and definitely a waste of Divine Veil. You're seriously going to tell me you'd like to wipe paralyze off everyone at once? Tank first, then case-by-case. Like always. Poison? Unless its at or over 10 HP a tick, walk it the fuck off.

Even in a situation like Dynamis-Jeuno, waste of time for me. Melees can sub /DNC for access to Healing Waltz, get back to me when you have Elegy or you're petrified and we'll talk.

In fact, why not gripe about /DNC? After a certain level, you're not needed for most status cures in most situations. People could sub it and take care of that themselves and actually are encouraged to do so in places like Dynamis.

Just because another job can do something doesn't mean it makes them better or that they use it a lot. I do most -na magic case-by-case, usually one member of a time. Why AoE that shit when Accession is better used for mitigating party damage with Stoneskin, Phalanx or even Blink?

Uh oh, I mentioned AoE Phalanx.

Here it comes...

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        Uh oh, I mentioned AoE Phalanx.

Here it comes...
        No it doesn't. YM's on hiatus.

It does seem absurd that an ability that used to be the exclusive domain of white mage is now done better by another job. You might be right that scholars shouldn't use Accession-na in most cases, but not because it isn't an awesome ability that trumps Divine Veil, rather because the ability is so much broader and more versatile than Divine Veil that using it in the best way that a whm could would be a waste.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
          You might be right that scholars shouldn't use Accession-na in most cases, but not because it isn't an awesome ability that trumps Divine Veil, rather because the ability is so much broader and more versatile than Divine Veil that using it in the best way that a whm could would be a waste.
          And also because its a charged ability. Divine Veil will always do what it does, but there are up to ten choices to make with one (or now even two) of my stratagem charges.

Plus if I choose to be in Dark Arts, I can't access Accession or any other Light Arts stratagem. Then there's subjob choices. If I'm /BLM or /RDM, I have to use Addendum: White to access status cures and stay in Light Arts to keep them. If I sub /WHM for constant access to most of the -na spells, that means I can't have luxuries like Phalanx, Gravity, Bind and if /BLM I definately won't have Stoneskin, Blink of Phalanx to mitigate damage.

And that's usually why we /RDM - so we have access to the widest range of spells possible. But the moment I go to the opposing art, that's where I'm forced to specialize.

BTW, YM never made the biggest stink about AoE Phalanx, that was most other RDMs

Comment

Originally posted by lionx View Post
            WHM needs Divine Veil as a separate job ability goddamnit.
            This is something that I've been saying for a long time, even before SCH was introduced into the game. This would definitely be a good job adjustment to make for WHM.

If SE absolutely refuses to split up Divine Seal/Divine Veil, then what about lowering the recast to something a little more reasonable, say 5 minutes. Would this really be a ground-breaking change? Is it unbalancing/game-breaking? I don't think it is, but I'm curious to see what others think.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
            WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

man someone shut the kids up, I cant eat breakfast with all this crying

I swear every time there is even a little sliver of info about a job change or even thinking about it, this kind of crap blows up every time. For the love of god, give it a rest already.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Who's crying?

You really like to try to get on people's cases dontcha?
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                  Who's crying?

You really like to try to get on people's cases dontcha?

no I just get tired of bitching, even though I add to the bitchings, bitching, then it annoys me more..... see I am doing it now ;p

Comment

So you're part of the problem huh. And knowingly too.
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

So you're part of the problem huh. And knowingly too.

and knowing is half the battle.... "G.I.Joe" *cough* anyway....

Anyone really though why SE tweaks jobs the way they do? I mean really thing and not this "they suck" or "I could do better" crap, becuase if you could do better, you would be working for them already.

the devs have access to all the info they need, WAY more info then what players have, so some of these "fixes" people keep mentioning, have you ever though the Dev team does not add similar for a reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                        and knowing is half the battle....
                        Why does that remind me of a GI Joe Public Service Announcement:

*Kids ride in on bikes*
                        Kid1: HEY LOOK A DOWNED POWER LINE!
                        Kid2: Cool! Lets go jump over it with our bikes!
                        Random GI Joe /Facepalms and stops them from being idiots.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------
                        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                        Originally posted by Solymir
                        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Anyone really though why SE tweaks jobs the way they do?
                          It is really hard to say why they make the changes that they choose to make. Did WHMs really need a light-based sleep? I don't think so. Then why did SE developers choose to implement it?

the devs have access to all the info they need, WAY more info then what players have, so some of these "fixes" people keep mentioning, have you ever though the Dev team does not add similar for a reason?
                          That's the discussion that I'm trying to have (despite what kitten seems to think). Not that SE will, but if they did, would there be any negative impact to adjusting the WHM job by giving them any or all of: Clear Mind V, a light-based aspir, separate Divine Veil JA or lowered recast on Divine Seal, barlight(ra)/bardark(ra)?

They mentioned that there were job adjustments in the works for WHMs and RDMs. I don't have a clue what the devs are planning for WHM. I think any change that they choose to implement will be good since WHM doesn't really need any adjustments. But for the sake of speculation, how would the changes that I (and others) have suggested impact the game balance and the WHM job? What other adjustments could they make to the job which haven't already been discussed?

Just because the devs have all of the information that they need doesn't necessarily mean that they'll do what the player-base expects. In the last few updates, how often have players been left scratching their heads at a particular adjustment for one job or another?
                          Last edited by Truece; 02-04-2009, 06:33 AM.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                          WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Anyone really though why SE tweaks jobs the way they do? I mean really thing and not this "they suck" or "I could do better" crap, becuase if you could do better, you would be working for them already.
                            To your left, a very silly and useless logical fallacy French kissing a poorly-veiled insult.

And to your right, another.

How low is your opinion of everyone here that you think this doesn't occur to people?

Of course the dev team has reasons for the things they do. That doesn't excuse those decisions from scrutiny. The dev team is human, and even if they could manage to hold absolutely every bit of information about this game in their heads at once, have knowledge of and remember every single player action in its history at once, they still wouldn't be able to predict every single action, trend, or problem.

It also doesn't mean that the solutions they come up with are the only possible solutions, or even necessarily the best. See: humans.

If your shtick is to accept everything they do, every time, with no disclaimers, and be completely happy with it, more power to you. What I don't get is why you bother getting so frustrated with everyone else here for speculating and discussing other alternatives. The only harm it does you is the harm you let it do. Why put yourself through something that makes you so unhappy?
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                              Random GI Joe /Facepalms and stops them from being idiots.
                              That would be Road Block, the Heavy weapons gunner, that talked in rhymes.

Seriously, someone invent time travel, and go forth and discover the job adjustments already. If I was a real RDM in real life, I'd have done it already. Also I'd probably wear jeans, and a T-shirt, but I'd always wear my Chapeau, and when someone said "What a stupid hat!" I'd say....some spell really fastly because of my hat, and then they'd be sorry.

COBRAaaaAAaaaaaaAAAAAaaaa!

Comment

I just thought of something that oughta be added to FFXI... that ability Druids (i think it was) in WoW have, where they place totems that grant aura-effects to party members.

Similar to how Avatar aura-effects have been proposed, but for some other job who can use them, and the totems wouldn't be able to move either which would be their biggest drawback, specially if their range was limited enough.
                                ...*snip*...
                                Yeah, sometimes I hav spurts of nonsense too, but these actually sound cool ideas i thinks.
                                That sounds like a good basis for an entirely new job rather then tweaks to the existing ones.

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                                A BLU that can't use Blue Magic is pretty silly.
                                Highly off-topic, but something that has always bugged the crap outta me. If Soulflayers are the transformed state of a Blue Mage who lost control of it's humanity....then why the hell are they all Black Mages? Every single Soulflayer, NMs included, are all Blm, yet the entire concept around their story is that they were once human and once Blus who let the "beast within" take control. Hell, it was even rumored that Flans were once Blus as well but again, they're all Blms. To me, it just makes more sense that at least some of these mobs would be Blus. If Mamools can be Blus, then why the hell can't mobs who used to be Blus be Blus.

Accession Erase? Accession Stona? I'll give you those two.

The rest? Waste of an Accession charge and definitely a waste of Divine Veil. You're seriously going to tell me you'd like to wipe paralyze off everyone at once? Tank first, then case-by-case. Like always. Poison? Unless its at or over 10 HP a tick, walk it the fuck off.

Even in a situation like Dynamis-Jeuno, waste of time for me. Melees can sub /DNC for access to Healing Waltz, get back to me when you have Elegy or you're petrified and we'll talk.

In fact, why not gripe about /DNC? After a certain level, you're not needed for most status cures in most situations. People could sub it and take care of that themselves and actually are encouraged to do so in places like Dynamis.
                                Those are absolutely horrid arguments. Sch's AoE status heals are inferior to Whm because they can use charges for something better? Well guess what, so can Whm. Using Divine Veil means you can't Divine Seal a cure for another 10 minutes.

And the reason Melees don't all sub /Dnc is because they're supposed to be doing Dmg. It's your job as the healer to heal the melees. And in a PT situation, something you yourself stressed in this very same topic, you shouldn't have to be self reliant when other people with jobs built specifically to do so can help you.

And also because its a charged ability. Divine Veil will always do what it does, but there are up to ten choices to make with one (or now even two) of my stratagem charges.
                                Charges refresh in a minute at 70, Divine Veil takes 10 minutes to recharge. So even if you do choose to do something else with those Charges, you can still use those AoE heals AND do those other things far more often then Whm could. So while a a Sch can AoE Erase, then cast an Enhanced, AoE Cure IV, then AoE Stoneskin while their recast is less then a minute, Whm can only AoE a single status cure OR cast a single enhanced cure.

No matter how you try to color it, Sch got the far better end of that stick, even if they do have to be in a specific "Book" to do so.

man someone shut the kids up, I cant eat breakfast with all this crying

I swear every time there is even a little sliver of info about a job change or even thinking about it, this kind of crap blows up every time. For the love of god, give it a rest already.
                                So if you don't want to see the bitching in a thread like this...then why even enter the thread?

My guess is that the Dev team doesn't add some of these ideas simply because they didn't think of them. But that hasn't stopped them from adding other ideas many many many other players have suggested before.
                                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                                X