Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forthcoming Job Adjustments (i.e. vague developer details from JP button)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Forthcoming Job Adjustments (i.e. vague developer details from JP button)

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    I don't die that often on BST, and when I do it's usually because of Charm failing.
    Charm is one of those job abilities that I'm always unsure of using because even with a bunch of extra Charm equipment on there's always that chance that you're going to be face down on the floor.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyclown View Post
      Charm is one of those job abilities that I'm always unsure of using because even with a bunch of extra Charm equipment on there's always that chance that you're going to be face down on the floor.
      You mean CHR right? +Charm increases the duration and has no bearing on its success.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

"Charm equipment" would refer to any piece of gear with extra Charisma on it. Let's not assume I'm completely retarded every time I'm not super specific.
        sigpic

Comment

Isn't half of the fun of soloing on pet jobs finding new and hilarious ways of getting killed?
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Convert deaths against rapidly Double Attacking, hard-hitting NMs always gets a laugh out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
              Isn't half of the fun of soloing on pet jobs finding new and hilarious ways of getting killed?
              Everybody says this, but a pet job isn't required. Generally, I'd say that getting killed in like 3 seconds because charm wears off and both mobs decide to hit you with TP moves/double crits at the same time isn't all that humorous. Neither is Charm failing 5 times in a row after spending a good amount of gil on a charm set. That's what really bothers me, is the one job ability that we rely on the most only works when it wants to even after we spend a bunch of cash to "maximize" it's success.

I think the most fun I get out of BST is pissing off parties by just being near them. My favorite by far are the pre-emptive "these are our mobs" tells, especially when I'm just running by. It's like they want me to grief them by killing/charming all the mobs they're leveling on.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyclown View Post
                Neither is Charm failing 5 times in a row after spending a good amount of gil on a charm set. That's what really bothers me, is the one job ability that we rely on the most only works when it wants to even after we spend a bunch of cash to "maximize" it's success.
                I always thought +Charm increased charm DURATION. and +CHR increases success rate.
                Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
                Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy View Post
                  I always thought +Charm increased charm DURATION. and +CHR increases success rate.
                  When have I said it doesn't?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X