Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forthcoming Job Adjustments (i.e. vague developer details from JP button)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Forthcoming Job Adjustments (i.e. vague developer details from JP button)

Essentially WHM's Devotion, except it's involuntary and sort of backwards?

Comment

Draspir it is.

But SE would never under any circunstance allow players to harm other players directly outside Ballista and stuff so not gonna happen.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Here's a better idea than leeching off of your party members: Skillchains give MP to the party, based on Skillchain level and damage.

Comment

If BLM's could get back at least 50% of the MP used to cast a spell on a magic burst that'd be a great start.

Alternatively, it'd be really nice if they'd simply just drop Merit Points to 1000 LP. That would solve all bitching about merit invites, over crowding, and wasting points on various skills/abilities in 1 fell swoop. Not likely to happen but it sure would be damn nice.

People would still do merit PT's like we have now anyways to build up buffer and rack in ISP so it's not like they'd suddenly die off either.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

1000 is way the hell too low. I mean, I don't look forward to grinding points but hell, I don't want them to just be handed to me on a silver platter either.

Somewhere between 5000-7500 would be a lot more sensible if you really wanted to drop the amount needed.

Comment

I agree with Armando on that one, I like to work for my merits too, and hell, some meritpo's can be damn hell fun when DD's try to out do each other =P
              Originally posted by Van Wilder
              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Lowering the points needed to an LP would be gimping the IS or CP you earned along the way. Not to mention its been proven you can get like 12-14k in a half hour of MMM if you play it right.

I think the amount of time needed to merit is fine as is, its just some people don't use that time terribly wisely now that its fairly standard part of the game.

As said before, expanding the magic skill category to match what combat skill merits get raised would be a nice adjustment. I'm all for SE not letting us merit everything and keeping the theme to customization of a character, but things like Blue Magic, Automation Magic Skill, Summoning and Singing/Wind/Instrument should be a separate category if they can't cross over into other jobs in a meaningful way.

Comment

I think I might be the only WHM who has never, ever had MP problems at 75. WHMs simply don't need any other way to regain MP at 75 unless you're either a crap WHM that drops Cure V whenever the monster farts in the direction of your tank or you have a tank that is wearing paper armour or is rubbish at shadow management.

Comment

Army: I wouldn't mind a massive limit:merit ratio drop if it was in part of a major xp rate adjustment that brought meleeburn xp out of the kind of sky-high xp/hr territory that literally makes all other methods of merit/high-level-xp a massive waste of time. Unfortunately, SE still doesn't seem to get that meleeburn dominance is more a factor of the massive xp/hr differences than of preference for that style of play; they still sound like they expect people to xp in the way they personally prefer no matter how much or little xp it's worth.
                    Last edited by Lunaryn; 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM.
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

That would be nice, but even then, 1000 is way too low. That'd be ten times faster than now. Hell, I can solo 1000 EXP relatively easily. Just gotta head on down to a Promyvion and start slaughtering EPs left and right.

Comment

I think 5000 xp for a merit would be nice, specially considering the sheer amount of merits you need to get just for a single job. *This of course is from the perspective of someone who didn't have time to party*

Now, I think there should be other ways to merit. Like quests or specially tough solo battlefields that cost some kind of item (Maat fight style) to access but rewarded you with a merit or two depending on the difficulty. No xp, no gil, no nothing, just merits.

Like a fight against Trion or Prishe that was tough enough to last 30 to 45 mins but rewarded you with a couple of merits and that you could only win once a week. As in trying it as many times as you wanted without xp loss for dying (given you got the drop(s) required to enter or enough CP, AN, etc.) but after you won you couldn't enter until next week ENM style.

There are many ways for SE to make meriting more accessible without giving merits away or dumbing the system down to 1/10th of it's current state.

They simply don't want to try.
                        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

If "reasonable" xp/hr dropped back down to around 3-5k then it wouldn't be that dramatic a cut in that context, was my point. *shrug*
                          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                          Clothcraft 24
                          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Eh, I guess I'm alone in this but I say fuck grinding for hours for just a few merits. It takes long enough just to hit 75 without having to earn just as much EXP as it took to reach that point to customize a job or two. It's not like I don't have the means to earn merits quickly (75 BRD here >_>b) but more that after meriting for a while I want to fucking cut myself. I find it to be a grueling, soul crushing experience that simply isn't fun.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              There are many ways for SE to make meriting more accessible without giving merits away or dumbing the system down to 1/10th of it's current state.

They simply don't want to try.
                              Merit PTs
                              Sky/Sea Farming
                              Besieged
                              Campaign
                              Level Sync
                              Sanction/Sigil
                              Corsair's Roll
                              CoP mission wins
                              EXP scrolls
                              Empress/Anniversery Bands.
                              Moblin Maze Mongers

How's that rock you're living under?

Comment

Riiight, look I'll give you the chance to read it all again. But and this time try to understand what the post was about.

Then think about what you just posted, and maybe, just maybe you'll understand just by how much distance you missed the point.

And you are supposed to be a RNG or COR or whatever? Man... talk about letting gear play for you... (-_-; )

Edit >
                                Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                                Eh, I guess I'm alone in this but I say fuck grinding for hours for just a few merits. It takes long enough just to hit 75 without having to earn just as much EXP as it took to reach that point to customize a job or two. It's not like I don't have the means to earn merits quickly (75 BRD here >_>b) but more that after meriting for a while I want to fucking cut myself. I find it to be a grueling, soul crushing experience that simply isn't fun.
                                No you are not alone, grinding always sucks no matter what, specially considering how many jobs you can take to 75 with a single character and how many merits you'd need for them all.

Just seems like 1k xp per merit is kinda too little when compared to the xp you need to get to 75 in the first place. And stuff.
                                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X