Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandy Warden Killed last night!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    While they didn't want us zerging Kirin, they could easily fix it. Instead they just added mobs like Kirin only stronger, and un-zergable. And with the Blm DM thing...well they did nerf that. It still works, just not as well. But this "log out to avoid massive attacks" bit does leave a bad taste in many people's mouths, and rightfully so. It is a win and yes they deserve it and I won't ever suggest taking people's items or titles away. But it would be nice if people could find the real trick to beating him.
    Yes, they could fix it so you couldn't zerg Kirin but they don't. Why? Because they realize that the population is going to find tricks to do things that they had not thought of. They weigh the pros and cons of these tricks and if they feel they are within the realm of reason, then they let them be. If they feel that its too much of an advantage, then they tweak the game......or how what some people call it they "nerf" it. Until they "nerf" logging out, they are basically saying its an acceptable tactic. Would it be nice to figure out SE's trick to beating the mob? Of course! But since they are being a bunch of asshats and basically going "Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah", I'm glad someone tea bagged them and won the damn fight.

    And the blm/DM nerf.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ya.....no. Still done, still works. Been there, done that.

    FYI, speeding in any form is breaking the law....like breaking a rule. We all think that 5 over the limit is ok, until that one cop pulls us over and gives us a ticket. Anyone that uses the UNofficial windower is breaking rules......especially people using add on programs to enhance their gameplay. Yet, no one makes a sound about people who use windower anymore and using programs for distance, curing, recast timers, targeting, etc are all acceptable to some. Some of the same people that think logging hate is cheating. Ironic isn't it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    But supertanking can never beat the mob, just hold it off until you're ready to fight it. It's a temporary measure that's still done within the gameworld itself and still comes with a very real set of risks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    How is working within the game, maximizing and super buffing a single character to brunt the full force of an attack in any way, shape or form an "exploit"?
    I'm not saying it's an exploit but you're obviously missing the fact that most Supertank strategies involve not getting on any of the mob's hate lists, which allows for infinite healing without having to manage hate at all. Tank does nothing, healer can heal forever without getting attacked.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
    So If logging out is an "Exploit", wouldn't using a Supertank be sort of an exploit also? If this has been brought up I apologize.

    And can someone send me some Jack Daniels?
    How is working within the game, maximizing and super buffing a single character to brunt the full force of an attack in any way, shape or form an "exploit"? Logging out removes you from the game, instantly and safely. Allowing you to avoid an expected attack with 100% saftey and efficiency. That's why people feel it's an "exploit", for lack of a better term. It's circumventing in-game mechanics as opposed to utilizing them in an effective manner.

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    If it's anything like driving in the Dominican Republic then I'd probably agree. Not all roads are paved in the first place, and god help you if you drive at night on a weekend, that's just asking to get bumped by a drunk driver below the age of 30.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    You will want to kill yourself. But the other drivers will beat you to it.
    fixed.

    Leave a comment:


  • ShepardG
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    So If logging out is an "Exploit", wouldn't using a Supertank be sort of an exploit also? If this has been brought up I apologize.

    And can someone send me some Jack Daniels?
    Last edited by ShepardG; 01-21-2009, 09:10 AM. Reason: More thinking occured

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Don't. Ever. Drive. In. Mexico.

    You will want to kill yourself. But not before killing every other driver on the road first.

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    My dad is a taxi driver here in New York City, and he tried to teach me to drive.

    I buy Metrocards once a month now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Huge pet peeve of mine are women drivers, in fact. Yes, I'm a woman, but I learned to drive from my dad. If you knew how my dad drives, you'd understand why I can't stand (most) women drivers. There are a select few of us that don't completely suck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Clever Ninja
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    This is why women shouldn't drive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    The speeding ticket thing is kinda like 3rd party tools. Windower won't get you banned (unless someone's on a bad day), Botting will in time (everyone gets caught eventually) and POS hacking will almost certainly be dealt with immediately. Going 1 mph over, 5 mph over, and 15 mph over.

    I'm a lot more reckless with my driving than I am with my gaming life ... lol ... got my priorities exactly right. >.>

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    We all know thats not the way SE wanted us to kill it. But then again SE didn't want us zerging Kirin or throwing an assload of blms at the AA's, but both of those are still acceptable ways of doing things..........but this isn't. Why? Because a group of elitests say so.

    To me, I think its awesome. They basically tea bagged SE and I love it. SE has been thumbing their nose at the player base over AV and PW for a while now. So they won, GOOD FOR THEM! They deserve the drops and they deserve a high five.......but nooooooooooooo we have a group of people running around crying about it being cheating.
    While they didn't want us zerging Kirin, they could easily fix it. Instead they just added mobs like Kirin only stronger, and un-zergable. And with the Blm DM thing...well they did nerf that. It still works, just not as well. But this "log out to avoid massive attacks" bit does leave a bad taste in many people's mouths, and rightfully so. It is a win and yes they deserve it and I won't ever suggest taking people's items or titles away. But it would be nice if people could find the real trick to beating him.

    And now, back on topic!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Takes me at least a six pack before I'm looking at chicks, probably 12 before I'm into ugly chicks. Figure out for yourself what that means.
    So if it takes 6 beers to get you looking, and 12 to get you with an ugly chick...it should take only 8-9 to get you with a hot chick...

    Someone get Aks some beers, asap!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    All guys on the internet want to see boob pics of the female members, and this place is no exception. Some of the attention whores will give you what you want ... I'm not one of them, sadly for you.
    It's sad but true, as most guys really do want to see net chick boobies for no other reason then to just say they saw em. I believe Ron White said it best, when you see one woman naked, well, you wanna see the rest of em naked too. But I think the real question would be, is how many beers would it take to make that happen?

    Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
    I don't drink, so like, never. Of course I find some women attractive that others don't, so kinda depends on whose perspective it is I guess.
    What he said.

    Edit:

    Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
    Isn't 5 MPH over the speed limit acceptable in most places? Although I know they reduced it to 3 MPH over the speed limit over here last summer. I think 15 MPH is considered reckless driving. Dunno, been awhile since I last looked up the driving laws.
    Technically, even going 3 Mph over the limit could get you a ticket, it's just not enforced. It's not offically recognized that with multi-lane roads that the ones on the left (in the US) allow people to go faster then ones on the right, but it's a generally accepted practice because it helps traffic flow better. In the end it all depends on what kind of mood the cops are in that night and how lucky you are at avoiding them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
    Isn't 5 MPH over the speed limit acceptable in most places?
    It depends on what time of the month it is, and how much sand the officer has their vagina.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vyuru
    replied
    Re: Pandy Warden Killed last night!

    I don't remember the details, but I think it was either send the tank in while the rest of the party where in the CS, or have the rest of the party log out, tank goes in and everyone else logs back in, something like that I think.

    He does, the group who fought him 18 hours used it to their advantage to kite lamps back and forth. The tanks would run to one side with the lamps, hit the edge and they would get pulled to the middle while the lamps had to turn around, iirc anyway. But I know he has Draw-in.
    Now see, THAT I can applaud. I wonder if you could make him use Draw-in on purpose, or something to that effect, to make the lamps keep running all over the place. But that wouldn't work if the lamps do have shared hate like I think someone said earlier. Or at least with my limited experience with shared hate with the mithran trackers BCNM CoP fight I don't think it would.

    Logging out of the game is like turning off the power on your PS2. Sure, the obvious difference here is that the world is going to go on without you when you turn the power off, but you're still not a part of that game world anymore. The log-in lobby is not part of the game. You can't fight an NM from outside the game.
    I like this analogy, it's kinda like being the host (at least I think I heard you had to be the host to do this) of a Halo 2 game and hitting the reset button on your Xbox, or whatever button you push to freeze everyone but yourself.

    Thats like saying "speeding only 5 miles an hour over the limit is ok but 15 over the limit is not". Wrong, if one is unacceptable then so is the other.
    Isn't 5 MPH over the speed limit acceptable in most places? Although I know they reduced it to 3 MPH over the speed limit over here last summer. I think 15 MPH is considered reckless driving. Dunno, been awhile since I last looked up the driving laws.

    And Ziero put it very well. I too agree with him

    And now onto the important subject at hand!

    I don't drink, so like, never. Of course I find some women attractive that others don't, so kinda depends on whose perspective it is I guess.

    Balfree, best pic EVER!

    Also, who is this Poor character you speak of? We need details!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X