Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

For those who haven't seen the trailer... Here is the official English Version from S-E

(9/19/2005)

Starting today, visitors to this site will be able to see a preview of new content from the new FINAL FANTASY XI expansion that was unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show (September 16-18)!

Click here for a glimpse of new areas and a whole new style of adventuring.

Mods please move this to News Again.. Thank you ^_^

For those wondering and debating.. thats most likely Methane Breath from the Hound Family. The Spider Web.. AOE Slow?
    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
    sigpic

Re: Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Ugh, I hope you don't need to do missions to unlock everything. I'm still not done with CoP missions....as much as I want to get them done.
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Don't make me cry.. I'm only on ZM6, and all my PT's have sucked for Promyvion-Mea... /sigh..
      sigpic

Comment

Though it's unlikely you'll need to do ROZ or COP missions to unlock areas in TAU, you will probably have to do missions to unlock more content.
        Not to mention, everything wont be available right off the bat.
        Rude, but not wrong. ;x
        Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
        'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
        'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
        Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
        Private First Class
        Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
        Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
        "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

screw the missions! we need new jobssssssssssss

Originally posted by SevIfrit
          we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Can someone tell me exactly why we need new jobs? I can understand geomancer as a tank job, that'll be fun and a useful contribution.. But do we need anything else really? We've already got a lot of jobs compared to most other MMOs. Bleh.

The new areas will be exciting, and I'm hoping for more missions with in-depth storyline. Even if I'm not done with CoP >.>.

EDIT: Some of the guys in my Linkshell were saying that it would be awesome if the boat in Norg takes you to Aht Urghan (or this new region, whatever the name is). I think so too, plus.. Since norg is a city influenced by the far eastern areas, why not? The boat doesn't go anywhere at the moment -_-. The picture for this latest update seems to almost confirm this- I don't think the other boats have the huge sails on the top. The boat from norg is supposedly the boat which attacks the Mhaura <-> Selbina boat. It'd kinda be cool for those newbie(level) passengers to see high levels running with the pirates maybe .

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

Can someone tell me exactly why we need new jobs? I can understand geomancer as a tank job, that'll be fun and a useful contribution.. But do we need anything else really? We've already got a lot of jobs compared to most other MMOs. Bleh.
              Says the RDM.
              Pounce (RETIRED) Mithra Bastok R.7 Titan server
              DRG 62 | RDM 65 | WAR 34 | SAM 30 | WHM 33 | BLM 33 | THF 15

(guess my name =P) Mithra Bastok R.1 Titan server
              MNK 18 | WAR 3
              Future NIN -_-

Comment

Yeah, because I get parties very quickly and see many melees lose out on parties because someone else is available who is seen as a 'better' job. The only reason this comes about is because we have like 5 melee jobs. Just because I'm a RDM doesn't mean I can't sympathize.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

Comment

oops, my bad, didn't realize vadrek had a thread posted in news already.
                  http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50113

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

unfortunately he saw that one first.. even though i'm 4 hours earlier >_>;

Respond to below: K
                    Last edited by ruffrydasean; 09-20-2005, 08:41 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

actually, I saw your post first (cause it got bumped up by replies). But since vadrek already put a post in FFXI News, i'm gonna leave it up to him to decide how he wants to play it.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Can some one host the movie? my conection is too slow to stream .

Comment

There's a bootleg 'recorded at TGS' version floating around from some korean website. It's in japanese though, and not the greatest quality. Dunno if you wanna check it out. I think it was linked from killing ifrit or something?

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

Comment

OK... firstly... Yes, the new Treasures of Aht Urhgan expanision pack will be a much needed addition to the already huge world of Vana'diel.

If you think about it, The current jobs available in Final Fantasy XI are actually quite linear and on very few occassion does a party setup ever go outside the recommended and most liked. For perfect example... whats the different between a White Mage and a Paladin. ANSWER : number of spells and DEF. That's it. So, why ask this question... simply because people rarely realize the potiental of jobs. I was in a group where we had 2 WHMs and in Bibiki Bay. One of the WHMs was the main tank. Now some of you are probably thinking "what the hell is this guy smoking" and "that would never work". YES IT CAN! Simply have your Enhancing Magic Skill really high, pop on some Stoneskin and some other buffs... keep hate via Cures... simple, easy, doable. I challenge anyone to try it. Its just like soloing as a RDM except you cure yourself and keep buffs up to keep hate.

Now, Take a minute to look at every job, then look at how popular each job is, now consider how many invites each of those jobs can get on a daily basis. Yes every job in FFXI has a purpose and some would argue that there is no need for more jobs. Yet the simple fact is... people get tired of the same old bland jobs that you see every day running around the cities. The addition of new jobs opens up more variables into party setups. No longer will a RDM or BRD be the ONLY 2 refreshers. No longer will PLD and NIN (which Square-Enix even said was never meant to be a tank job) be the ONLY tanks.

Typical Party Setup = BLM, WHM or SMN, RDM or BRD, PLD or NIN, WAR, THF.
                            Every now and then you make substitutes and add in SAM or DRG.

Wouldnt you like to change it up more than that?
                            ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

If only people were more like spazz ; ; ffxi would be flawless.
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                              X