Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
    It did.

Yeah it did , if you go back a couple of pages I have a pic posted there.
    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Gosh Taz, whats with the short posts... you should be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
        Gosh Taz, whats with the short posts... you should be banned.

Oh noes ^^, Im pretty busy right now is why , im at work and posting and working same time hehe!!
        それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
        Trielは博雅なる大召喚士

Comment

I'm like totally going to tell your boss you are slacking off.

Comment

Originally posted by DTHURST
            Do you think we'll also get "1000 Needles"? gotta love that idea^^
            As far as I can recall Blue Mages have had a few standard abilities they could learn. The ones I remember always seeing were:

Fire Breath
            Absorb
            Mighty Guard
            Bad Breath
            White Wind (Healing Breaze)
            1000 needles
            Blaster

Most or all of these I think were basics that FFX-2 had out of the 16 Blue Magic abilities you could learn.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

ah Mighty Guard....shellra, protectra, and hastega all in one cast. I dont imagine it will break the game like it did for the single player games, but it would sure be nice, though they will have to bring in mobs that cast it, and then find a way to get it them to cast it on you....right now BST is the only way I could see it happening.
              I'm curious to see what weapon they're main weapon will be, as well as their hp/mp stats.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

it could be that the blue mages ahve to use a job ability to learn it. or even kill the mobs with some ability which would be really hard.

Comment

They already said their main weapon will be like cutlass(think Aladin).

Comment

Maybe a Lancet Type skill , like Kimari had.
                    It would give you a percentage chance to learn an Enemy Skill based on the HP of the enemy.

Basically the lower the Hp thehigher the chance to learn it.

Id assume that Blue Mages starting Learn percent will be at about 25% Then increase proportionalto their level.
                    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士

Comment

considering how they handled DRG im guessing the learn ability will be a two hour so you have to actually be a Blue mage to learn it. The way I think they can pull it off is have it just like the DRG two hour, you use it you gain the effect so long as you one you dont die, switch jobs, or have the effect canceled off you. So theoretically that would make it neccesary to survive the attack to learn it, and if you die trying to learn it, you cant use it till your learn ability till the next time you can use your two hour. They could also have a something like DRG dismal where certain conditions are met you can turn the effect off and get two hour back right away. so attacks like 1k needles would be much harder to learn unless you had like 5 people or something with you so you take minimum damage yet you can still learn it.

Also perhaps there could be hidden accuracy stat like CHR that makes it so you learn faster or easier on the first try. kinda like how even though BST can charm monsters alot higher then them, they fail alot and to make it easier they put alot of CHR gear on to effect there chances or at 51+ light staff cause it helps charm rate, and just like BST and charm certain abilities will not be learned all the time, like trying to charm oppo mobs (monkeys) you would have to have it casted on you again till you learn it from luck or if your drastically higher then the monster casting it on you. also in relations to charm and BST, we can charm some mobs easier, some mobs are hard to charm, and some mobs we just cant charm period, like goobbues dragons, and beastmen mobs.

also magic strength will have a stat modifier like almost all magic, except this new magic will be called fell magic skill. your attack and your effectiveness with the desired spell will be associated with your stat modifier and that skill, so it will make it harder to damage higher lvl mobs just the same way BLM and RDM have it (DRK too as well, but I hardly see alot of DRK cast magc on anything but MB's now a days >.>)

traits and abilities, I dont know right now, but Imagine the learning and magic casting system to be similar to what I mentioned above... or atleast thats what my opinion is >.>.

Comment

>.> they already said, thick and curved blades.

Comment

Learning skills of Blue Mage would be a waste of a 2h. What if you use your 2h on a mob that you cant learn from? 2h wasted. Learn should be a basic ja. With maybe a 3 min timer, based on Learning skills. That way you cant somehow get spike flail at lvl 5.. Id say the 2h should be like 2x stronger enemy skills for 1 minute.. Sounds better to me.

Comment

Weapons will be scimitars and harpes.

Comment

Working...
                            X