Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Originally posted by IamNate
    Yanno, had a thought about this.

RotZ and CoP has been a united story, more or less, that revolves around the 5 races of the planet. This isnt a spoiler for all of those who might think of it, its pretty obvious that everything revolves around the five races. Anyways--What would stop SE from creating a brand new race altogether, a new 'world', a place that the rest of the world doesnt know existed and to go along with it, a new race? Not sure what they'd wanna use, I mean in high fantasy settings, there's tons and tons of options left availble. Trolls, Drawves, various species of Elven kind left, Halfings, etc.

Thoughts?

no new races please... new jobs sure, I would rather SE continue the story based on the 5 races and the beastmen rather than going off on a tangent, thats not related to the story.
    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

They wouldnt introduce a new race because there is already a balance and the people that have been playing a while wouldnt be able to switch to the new race without creating a new character. It just wouldnt be fair to introduce a new race 2 years after PC release and 1 1/2? years after PS2 release (These are NA lengths of course) when people are already established on their server.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

There won't be new races, period... Some people have barely played FFXI and want it to be like their old game where the makers shit a race or two every expansion pack. FFXI however has a plot and a theme. Five races that are imperfect which have to rely on each other to live. The groundwork has already been made up. Far West, Near East, Far East, Far South, and Far North all don't have *new* races... there will not be any new races.

Comment

We'll most likely see male Mithra in the Far South, but it's very unlikely that they'll add them to the playable races.

As for completely new thinking beings go (Male Mithra would still just be Mithra), while new beastmen or other new types of NPCs in the Far Lands is probable, they would have to pull a diamond out of their asses story construction-wise to add new 'normal people' seamlessly into the PC line-up.
          Rude, but not wrong. ;x
          Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
          'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
          'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
          Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
          Private First Class
          Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
          Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
          "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

http://www.digitalbackspin.com/forum...showtopic=2806

supposedly new (confirmed) info coming outta SE.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Well speaking of new content, Ive been playing since June of 04 and theres one particular place Ive been itching to see. And thats the place that is guarded within Kazham. Maybe this is where we will see the male mithra's emerge from... just maybe...

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

I seriously doubt that, being as that is currently the storage room/dock for the AH. However it could be added for something else. It is very unlikely for the expansion pack to require RoZ.

Comment

Is it true that you need Sea to be unlocked for you to get ToA? I'm just wondering.

JP

brave; integritous; commanding
                  New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
                  75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
                  ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

That site sucks. their ads block the pictures and you can't disable them.

Title: Sergeant Major
                    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

governator on KI has posted the pictures on this thread:
                      http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=82274

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Is it true that you need Sea to be unlocked for you to get ToA? I'm just wondering.
                        I feel like I say the same thing over and over again. It is very unlikely that RoZ or CoP will be required. SE said they never plan to call for the requirment of other expansion packs and they havn't.

Comment

So, looks like the ferry, or perhaps a new ferry will take you to this new region (I think someone mentioned that the current region map is complete and they will be adding another one for this expansion). Pirates seem to play a major role (or its just some random cutscene that they're using to get everyone interested, and we see the same hume and taru in what is guessed to be blue mage af doing the same two enemy skills (the spider web one, and the flamebreath) only this time in the presence of enemies. Some cool night shots that look like a combination of floating lights from the promies and some SS's I've seen from Sea. The one SS I really like was in the woods, with the stone structure through the threes. It reminds me of Fellowship of the Ring with the stone chair in the middle of the woods the Frodo sits on and can see into Mordor with. New areas look really cool, I'm eager to see if they add any new mobs or just do recolors and textures of current mobs.

They could conceivably add new beastmen. What with adding anticans and sahagins in RoZ, and the quasi new beastmen the Moblins in CoP. I cant wait for this expansion XD.
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

[spoiler2] Yea seeing teh empty in the new screens would make sense since Tenzen mentions that teh empty ahs spread to the Far East, whiel its still contained in our part of the world [/spoiler2]

I hope the beastmen are like.... I dunno... Giant um... giant MONKIES! yea >.> thats it <.<

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Altana cried five tears. Humes, Elvaans, Taru, Mithra, and Galka. Playable races were created by Altana, while beastmen and the like were created by Promathia I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                                Altana cried five tears. Humes, Elvaans, Taru, Mithra, and Galka. Playable races were created by Altana, while beastmen and the like were created by Promathia I think.
                                It's a bit more complicated than that, but I dont want to spoil the CoP storyline.

Title: Sergeant Major
                                SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                                Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                                Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                                Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Working...
                                X