Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasures of Aht Urhgan: A Wealth of New Content!

I don't know if anybody has seen these clear screenshots of the new expansion pack but here's a nice link.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/772/772930/imgs_1.html

Comment

You're only 11 posts late Jingles. ^^

Title: Sergeant Major
      SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
      Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
      Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
      Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by fastcart
        It's a bit more complicated than that, but I dont want to spoil the CoP storyline.
        correct ^^

posted on alla~ by naruche scholar
        http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...08796059&num=0

translated gamewatch article
        http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...30/ff11toa.htm

Read this btw
        [qoute]
        Introducing Square Enix's "FFXI: The Treasures of Aht Urhgan."
        Additions: A hybrid job, "Blue Mage," and brand new areas.

Square Enix CO., Ltd have revealed the following information regarding the third expansion disc for "Final Fantasy XI," titled, "The Treasures of Aht Urhgan," (henceforth referred to as ToA.) Information regarding the release date and price of said expansion is yet unknown.

ToA was recently revealed at the 2005 Tokyo Game Show in a very electrifying and almost guerilla like manner, so it is my wish with this article to reintroduce the original info revealed to TGS attendants, to the average gamer. While the core of the article will feature the information revealed at the 2005 TGS, I will be also be interspersing such with observations and conjectures from this FFXI player's perspective.

Blue Mage Artifact

The Fellowship Line

An image of a Blue Mage in Artifact Armour and veil. In the past, Light Armours such as Harnesses and Jerkins tend to be more equip able than other gear.

Try as they may, players cannot resist new content. I can only hope that the fervour for the new expansion matches that of the previous additions.

Unveiling a possible middle line of defensive/offensive job, Blue Mage.

Since its unveiling at the 2005 TGS, the Blue Mage job has received quite a bit of buzz amidst the player community. "Blue Mage" is a famous FF job most notable for its ability to learn a monster's spell or ability, and use such for itself. In previous games, after the Blue Mage uses its "Learning" ability, it is then able to use the gained ability in exchange for MP. One could say that this is an ability wholly unique from any other job.

From the information release, it is clear that the Blue Mage is a hybrid job that is not a complete support job, but competent up close as a melee as well. In this sense, the Blue Mage's magical and combat skills may be compared to those of a Red Mage's, giving the Blue Mage a "centered" position in a party. The Blue Mage's weapon of choice is the
        "Curved Blade," which would be similar to the existing "Scimitar," or "Harper." This may give the Blue Mage a Thief like capability in melee form.

Let us now explore the background story of the Blue Mage. According to description, "It is a legendary Magical Swordsman from the Neareastern Kingdom of Aht Urhgan." From this, one may infer that the quest to unlock Blue Mage may resemble that of the Ninja or Samurai one from Norg, and take place in the new areas revealed in ToA. Most likely immediately after release, it will be a most coveted job complete with long lines reminiscent of the first few days following the release of the Samurai job or Fellows. One hopes that with this release new measures will be released to avoid the reoccurrence of such problem.

Since the Blue Mage was introduced at the 2005 TGS, and seeing the players' reactions to such an addition, this writer strongly believes that adding a new job to FFXI is a much needed jolt, some might say, healing camphor, for the game. The main thrust of the previous expansion, "The Chains of Promathia," was a hard core player, mission driven disc lacking a job addition. For this reason, many of the more casual gamers began to ask, "Where is FFXI going?" However, since news of the Blue Mage has spread, there seems to be an upturn in the outlook of many players, and more positive outlook regarding the future of the game. I hope with all my heart that when the Blue Mage is finally revealed, it will live up to all our expectations.

Taru Heat Breath

Spider Web
        http://www.tenebrae-asura.com/Goodies/ToA/aht05.jpg

The biggest draw of the Blue Mage is its ability to take the abilities of monsters and make it their own. It is quite exciting to think about all the new combat possibilities incorporating such tactics. The ability displayed in the picture above seems to be, "Spider Web." I wonder if skills such as this can be transferred between areas?

"The Treasures of Aht Urghan," will primary take place in the new areas of the "Near East."

One of the first images that caught this writer's eye when ToA was unveiled to the masses, was of the gloomy new area, reminiscent of the "Boyahda Tree." What seemed at first glance to be a large tree line, upon closer inspection turns out to be a part of a building covered largely with odd looking moss and overgrowth.

As the area is enveloped in mist, and it is hard to see too far into the distance, one can make out some stone pillars standing close together. Where what seems to be large fern handing down from above, you can somewhat make out an indoor area.

Ruins

Ruins and more shrubbery
        http://www.tenebrae-asura.com/Goodies/ToA/aht09.jpg

The next image I'd like to introduce to you is an outdoor scene that reminds us of Japan during the fall. Throughout the area, the oranges, reds and browns of the Fall adorn the maple trees in a cheery Autumn themed area. While the details surrounding the "Near East" nation of Aht Urghan have yet to be uncovered, one can feel a very Middle Eastern, or Indian--a very Oriental influence—in the scenery.

Autumn Scenery Sunset

Autumn Scenery Day Time
        http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...0930/aht11.jpg

Finally, allow me to speak on the two boat themed areas below. One image is a view of the coast line and what seems to be the harbour city of Aht Urghan. The continent where Aht Urghan rests is to the East, and taking into consideration the look of the boat pictured, there is a high possibility that an new route from, "Mhaura," will be added. Now, some of us may think of the Mana Clipper from "Bibiki Bay," and its many routes and long wait, but we can only hope that they will adjust for a shorter travel duration.

In the next image, we see what can only be a very creepy looking Ship Grave Yard. One can see the wreckage of a ship in the background, and also some ships that trudging forth. Perhaps this ship will interact with the player in a unwelcome manner? The different design of the boat makes us wonder if it is from a nation outside of Aht Urghan.

As at this time, only 9 total images have been provided to us by Square Enix, this article has become quite dominated by conjecture, and I hope you forgive me for such. As an aside, for those FFXI players who have gone a little further in their Promathian Missions, you may be pondering if there are any relationships between the "Near Eastern"? kingdom of "Aht Urghan," and Tenzen who hails from the "East." FFXI has until now thrown in quite a few obscure references to their expansions in the past, so I myself would not be surprised if some sort of correlation were to exist. But just as you, I can only wonder how they will all tie such all together when ToA is finaly released.

Cityscape in the Distance
        http://www.tenebrae-asura.com/Goodies/ToA/aht12.jpg
        The Graveyard of Ships
        http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...0930/aht13.jpg

In the far off distance, one can see a cityscape. Will the adventures of Aht Urghan all begin from this giant Port City?
        It is hard to see, but one can confirm that the above ship displays cannons, giving us a sense that the military power of Aht Urghan is not something to take lightly.

(C)2002-2005 SQUARE ENIX CO.,LTD. All Rights Reserved.
        (2005/9/30)
        [Reported by Seiichiro Kawasaki: :kawasaki@ln3.jp]

[/qoute]
        It's Official Promathia Hates me....
        それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
        Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
        A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Magical swordsmen kind of thing mixed with Blue Mage it seems.

Comment

"The continent where Aht Urghan rests is to the East, and taking into consideration the look of the boat pictured, there is a high possibility that an new route from, "Mhaura," will be added. Now, some of us may think of the Mana Clipper from "Bibiki Bay," and its many routes and long wait, but we can only hope that they will adjust for a shorter travel duration."
            - Seiichiro Kawasaki

Some even speculate that the route will begin within the harbor of Norg. We've all seen the boat comming and going from there.I would hope/assume Square implements this route as it would help in keeping the "brand new" players from accessing the job and possibly adding to an over abundance of the Blue Mage job, when the expansion is released. Since the ability to unlock an "advanced" job is level 30 and seeing how the average level that a player would depart the mainland for Kazham is 25, I cant see why Square Enix wouldn't place the route in Norg. Just my cents =\

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

Do you think we'll also get "1000 Needles"? gotta love that idea^^

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced
                Some even speculate that the route will begin within the harbor of Norg. We've all seen the boat comming and going from there.I would hope/assume Square implements this route as it would help in keeping the "brand new" players from accessing the job and possibly adding to an over abundance of the Blue Mage job, when the expansion is released. Since the ability to unlock an "advanced" job is level 30 and seeing how the average level that a player would depart the mainland for Kazham is 25, I cant see why Square Enix wouldn't place the route in Norg. Just my cents =\
                Access to Norg requires the Zilart expansion. SE doesn't want any expansion to rely on the purchase of another expansion, so this is unlikely.
                DRK75 BLM75 WAR37 THF37 NIN37 SAM38 WHM38 RDM37

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by DTHURST
                  Do you think we'll also get "1000 Needles"? gotta love that idea^^
                  I've read from various other posts that the chances of Square allowing one to obtain "1000 Needles" are about as great as the chances they'll allow you to learn "Spike Flail." I've only played every Final Fantasy from 7 to 11, with the exception of 9, so I've never had the experience of playing with the Blue Mage job so I honestly couldb't tell ya man.

Double Post Edited:
                  Originally posted by Crowzukin
                  Access to Norg requires the Zilart expansion. SE doesn't want any expansion to rely on the purchase of another expansion, so this is unlikely.
                  Yea, I've read about that also :\ But, what gets me thinking is that even though they state this, RoZ come's within every new FFXI purchase. Im to understand that its been that way since the NA release of FFXI. So I dont see why they wouldn't still use Norg as a point of origin for the route. Norg is accessible once RoZ is installed, unliked the Tavnazian Arpechillo which requires you to comeplete a few missions from CoP to gain access to.
                  Last edited by Juiced; 09-30-2005, 04:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

Yes every version of FFXI in NA comes with ROZ, so getting there shouldn't be a problem.

Also I speculated for a long time where that boat in Norg went to, and my theory held true.

Plot Spoiler

edit by neighbortaru for proper spoiler protection
                    Last edited by neighbortaru; 09-30-2005, 09:07 AM.

<--- I'm cursed
                    READ MY JOURNAL ON THIS WEBSITE!
                    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/jou...owjournal&j=18

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced
                      I've only played every Final Fantasy from 7 to 11, with the exception of 9, so I've never had the experience of playing with the Blue Mage job so I honestly couldb't tell ya man.
                      A bit late to reply to this, but never fear, you have played with at least two blue mage types that I can remember.

In FF7, the Enemy Skill Materia, when equipped, can allow you to learn an enemy skill used on your party. Then, once learned you can cast them back.

Also, Kimahri off of FFX uses his skill, Lancet, to learn enemy skills, I think. I could be wrong, but those we, of course, blue mages in their own respect.

Sorry for the late and slightly off topic post this has been.

Dragoon/Warrior of Hades

Comment

FF8 had that girl that name began with a Q.

Double Post Edited:
                        Also Tenshodo isn't Norg.

Norg is a pirate port. All kinds of pirates go there. Some are just nameless looters while others we've encountered(skeleton summoners). Tenshodo uses Norg to transport to the Far and Near East. Tenshodo is an organaztion. A group of people. Norg is a port used by more than one person/group.
                        Last edited by Blood Red Poet; 09-30-2005, 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
                          FF8 had that girl that name began with a Q.

Double Post Edited:
                          Also Tenshodo isn't Norg.

Norg is a pirate port. All kinds of pirates go there. Some are just nameless looters while others we've encountered(skeleton summoners). Tenshodo uses Norg to transport to the Far and Near East. Tenshodo is an organaztion. A group of people. Norg is a port used by more than one person/group.
                          Quistis, I don't recall her having anything related to being a Blue Mage though? or was this of different topic refference?

EDIT:

NM, I just remembered it was her Limit Break.

Well then thinking about that and looking through it seems Blue Mage has been in many of FF series in one form or another. FFX-2 has a Blue Mage as well in the form of a Gun Mage.
                          Last edited by Macht; 09-30-2005, 01:14 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

yeah and in FFT if i remember correctly they had some spells that you learnt when you survied them

Comment

Blue mages:
                              FF1 no
                              FF2 no
                              FF3 dont remember
                              FF4 no...unless you count enemy summons like imp and mage, which arent really BLU-esque
                              FF5 yes
                              FF6 yes
                              FF7 kinda (ESM)
                              FF8 yeah
                              FF9 yeah
                              FF10 yeah
                              FFX-2 kinda (gun-mage)
                              FFT not really a BLU though you can learn ultima and zodiac from being hit on certain chars/jobs
                              FFL1-3 no
                              FFMQ no
                              FFTA dont remember
                              Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

FFTA dont remember
                                It did.

Comment

Working...
                                X