Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    yeah, that would've been funny, IF I WERE FIFTEEN YEARS OLD.
    I've been Sixteen two months now, I'm *way* beyond that.
    If the day ever comes that I don't snicker at something immature like that, put a bullet in me because the man you knew is already dead.

    Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
    so just lock this thread since somehow i got put as the creater and walked away and people now argueing over something pointless? -just woke up leave my spelling alone-
    It says you're the creator of the thread because you have the oldest post in it after I moved the relevant posts out to a new thread. Nobody's really gonna hold it against you.

    Originally posted by Achaicus View Post
    btw, anymore info about the 5th aniversary thing?
    Itazura posted a pretty decent summation in the new thread here: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...niversary.html


    Since that seems to be everyone's preference and I think everyone's put in their two cents on the issue if they wanted to, I'll go ahead and lock this up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jei
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    ... I'm confused.

    Maybe the next FFXI news, Ima translate it to Thai and post it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Achaicus
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    (Feba - do ya' like butterflies, fishies, or circles?)

    *puts "no slip" safety stickers in shower*


    btw, anymore info about the 5th aniversary thing?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sevv
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    so just lock this thread since somehow i got put as the creater and walked away and people now argueing over something pointless? -just woke up leave my spelling alone-

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    actually no, I slipped in the shower. Nice try though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    To put my statements (which I still stand by)
    And I stand by my assertation that Feba was hit in the head.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    (tee hee)
    yeah, that would've been funny, IF I WERE FIFTEEN YEARS OLD.


    I've been Sixteen two months now, I'm *way* beyond that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    Yeah babelfish and google translations are pretty terrible, especially going between eastern and western languages. I wouldn't go so far as "rude." It was a weak attempt and not really helpful but at least he tried.

    I think the reaction was excessive, but not really that bad in itself. But then add the reaction to the reaction, and the reactions to the two of you reacting to eachother and the whole thread spiraled out of control.
    I say Feba us somewhat strongly to come
    (tee hee)

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    To put my statements (which I still stand by) in perspective, translating Eohmer's post to japanese and back in babelfish, it becomes
    Web sight the fact that it translates because of you is the basis.
    Which is hardly more useful than it would be in kanji.

    Taking your first paragraph:
    In general, I think mods should pay a little more attention to inflammatory posts. Off topic posting, so long as it's not too off topic, is fine IMO and can actually lead to some very interesting discussions. I haven't seen any posts that I would consider crude so I'd say you guys are doing a fine job there.
    Translating it to Japanese and back:
    You think of that with the leader, as for me mods should pay attention to the inflammation characteristic post a little more. Separated from the contribution of the topic if excessively it is not separated from the topic, as for good IMO it is, certain really to lead to very interesting argument it is possible thing. As for me turning the person good work to there I consider the crude oil and did not look at the thing post which therefore I say.
    And with:
    For instance with this thread, I think Feba came across rather strongly shall we say, and he could have used more tact. Granted, I don't know what this Babelfish is, but if it provides an accurate translation I fail to see what is wrong with it.
    it becomes:
    For example this thread and, I say Feba us somewhat strongly to come, you think of that perhaps he used many tact. Being permitted, as for me that those which by mistake are is this Babelfish, when accurate translation me is offered, seeing, those which is not good you do not know.
    Thus it's rather apparent why I consider babelfishing instead of actually translating very rude.

    Hell, if you look, your statement went from saying I could've used more tact to saying I used 'many tact', which completely changes the meaning of what you said.

    Leave a comment:


  • Akashimo
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
    It's basically a website that translates for you.
    You broke my bablefish.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eohmer
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
    Granted, I don't know what this Babelfish is...
    It's basically a website that translates for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vyuru
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    This is what I'm wondering .. do you think the mods should be stricter about enforcing our standards on off-topic, inflammatory or crude posts?
    In general, I think mods should pay a little more attention to inflammatory posts. Off topic posting, so long as it's not too off topic, is fine IMO and can actually lead to some very interesting discussions. I haven't seen any posts that I would consider crude so I'd say you guys are doing a fine job there.

    For instance with this thread, I think Feba came across rather strongly shall we say, and he could have used more tact. Granted, I don't know what this Babelfish is, but if it provides an accurate translation I fail to see what is wrong with it.

    P.S

    Whatever happened to IceMage, and wasn't there another mod who commonly posted as well?

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    I'm not saying mods should follow what I think, Taskmage said "do you think[...]?", and I answered his question.

    Taskmage is right, it is very quiet around here. We get anything close to an argument what, once every week or two? That's pretty good compared to any other major forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    Nice emulated flaming there ..

    I actually made a recommendation for a new mod before this mess, but it's up to the admins to decide if we need another and whether that person is right.

    Really I think it's been pretty quiet around here, with this one exception. Of course, I haven't really been around much either so maybe the threads needing moderation just haven't been the ones I've been reading. Which brings up another good point. If you see a thread taking a downward turn, report a post and explain the problem. The more people do that, the easier it is for us to put our attention where it's needed.
    Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
    Not all mods will think exactly the same thing, nor should they follow how one person thinks they should do their job.
    I take advice as just that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eohmer
    replied
    Re: Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

    Not all mods will think exactly the same thing, nor should they follow how one person thinks they should do their job.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X