Mega Man 10!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mega Man 10!

No Robot Master is cooler than Metal Man. Except maybe Magnet Man and Shadow Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post

Wily's the sexist one. Over 100 Robot Masters and not a single woman =P

Splash Woman says hi!
      Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-11-2009, 12:23 PM. Reason: Sorry Armando, you left yourself wide open for that one. Had to!

Comment

Slight problem: The Robot Masters in Mega Man 9 were made by Dr. Light. Wily just reprogrammed them.

Comment

Doesn't matter. Either created or hijacked, Wily's got his hands on her (so to speak), and he saw some value in her (like all of the other RMs he's stolen over the years). She's firmly in his camp now.
          Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-11-2009, 12:26 PM. Reason: So many connotations there, but all of them good!

Comment

Fans Are Shearing For Mega Man 10's Sheep Man

lol fan art

Comment

Also, just did some number crunching (I know, not my thing), but unless I missed a game or two, Wily's only actually constructed 48 Robot Masters himself (or thereabouts). Mega Man 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, and Mega Man and Bass, IIRC (let me know if I missed anything).

The first 6 were hijacked from Dr. Light. Dr. Cossack made the 8 in MM4, the 8 in MM6 were made by independant scientists for a "supposed" RM tournament, and in MM9, Wily once again hijacked the 8 there.

Regardless, Dr. Wily's shown a lot of ingenuity when it comes to the RMs. I dare say he's done more to further the field of robotics than Dr. Light (even counting X and Zero; Wily managed to find a way to defeat Light's Emotion Chip/Suffering Circuit directly without even knowing the specs on how it even worked). If it weren't for the fact that he went evil in that lab accident...

But then, we wouldn't have this kick ass series of games!
              Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-11-2009, 12:36 PM. Reason: That said, Magnet Man and Proto Man are still my all time faves!

Comment

(even counting X and Zero; Wily managed to find a way to defeat Light's Emotion Chip/Suffering Circuit directly without even knowing the specs on how it even worked).
                Zero was made by Wily. He probably doesn't have anything to do with X's design. Even if he were based on X, there's no reason for Wily to include the emotion chip since the last thing he wants is Zero feeling empathy.

Also it seems to be Wily is always a step behind Light, and has stolen a bunch of shit throughout the series. Bass is based on Mega Man's design, and Bass's flight adapter design was directly stolen from Light during Mega Man 7.
                Also, just did some number crunching (I know, not my thing), but unless I missed a game or two, Wily's only actually constructed 48 Robot Masters himself (or thereabouts). Mega Man 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, and Mega Man and Bass, IIRC (let me know if I missed anything).

The first 6 were hijacked from Dr. Light. Dr. Cossack made the 8 in MM4, the 8 in MM6 were made by independant scientists for a "supposed" RM tournament, and in MM9, Wily once again hijacked the 8 there.
                There was a Mega Man & Bass 2 although supposedly neither game is canon. There's also the ones from the GameBoy games. There are probably a few odd others like Break Man in Mega Man 3, and I guess the Copy Mega Man in Powered Up.

Regardless I was still off, I was thinking of the 100 secret discs in Mega Man & Bass, but they included some Light robots in there.

Also what lab accident? That awful Ruby Spears cartoon isn't canon!
                Last edited by Armando; 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

@.@ omg it's adorable lol. Does he get some kind of deadly wool? does it put enemies to sleep? or does it fling sheep/turn them into sheep?! I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!

... and yeah MMZ was the end of the entire story (sort of, the new series continues it with some loop-hole bullshit but X and Zero are both dead and gone) but what I was getting at was closure on the X part of the series as well. I mean, Sigma couldn't have just gone and said "meh, fuck it I'll kill myself" >_> and what about Axel?

What about the Dr Light pods? Who's ghost eerily seems to know all about the current affairs. Capcom = masters of plot holes.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

LOL! Yeah Sigma was a beaten horse for sure. xD He must have said to Wily "I don't want your job anymore."

Comment

How it really happened... hehe

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHR3HizRTA"]YouTube- Megaman - Dr. Wily Fails at Life[/ame]
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I think before people watch that they should watch the origin of gutsman's ass. xD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IiJk4Imds"]YouTube- GUTSMAN'S ASS[/ame]

Now with th new video you posted the saga is complete. ^___^

Comment

Yeah ok... that gustman's ass thing got annoying fast.

LOVE that ending to the other video though. "First victim of the robot apocalypse says what?"

Looking back, it may have been much more interesting if Zero really had brought about the apocalypse there and then.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                            LOL! Yeah Sigma was a beaten horse for sure. xD He must have said to Wily "I don't want your job anymore."

Pretty much.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                              No Robot Master is cooler than Metal Man
                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudQURQ7OFc&feature=related"]YouTube- The Megas - Metal Dance[/ame]

THE MEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                              If you want retarded just look at Heat Man, Bubble Man and Wood Man.
                              You might want to look at them on ytmnd since some of them are animated and have sound, so I listed the links. Lets all hope that none of these bosses leave YTMND and end up in a Mega Man game. (Cept Mail Man, that always makes me laugh.)

Rejected Mega Man Villains (Just realized that the double spoiler stopped working in my browser...)

Mail Man

YTMND - Rejected Megaman Villain #94327

Salesman

YTMND - Rejected Megaman 2 Villain: #1337

G Man

YTMND - Rejected MegaMan Villain #4626

Glitch Man

YTMND - Rejected Megaman Villain #32583

Grossman

YTMND - Rejected Megaman Character #8

Spartan Man

YTMND - 300TMND: Rejected Megaman Villain #300

Penguin Man

YTMND - Antarctic Discovery

YTMND Man

YTMND - Rejected MegaMan villain #98765

Chart Man

YTMND - Rejected Megaman Villain # 313

Yep I was bored and as a bonus...

Rejected Sonic Zone:
                              YTMND - Rejected Sonic Zone #989

All courtesy of ytmnd. There actually are alot more rejected Mega Man bosses than I listed, but I only listed some of my favorites.
                              Last edited by Durahansolo; 12-12-2009, 06:18 AM.
                              {New Sig in the works}
                              -----------------------
                              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                              Originally posted by Solymir
                              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Zero was made by Wily. He probably doesn't have anything to do with X's design. Even if he were based on X, there's no reason for Wily to include the emotion chip since the last thing he wants is Zero feeling empathy.
                                Yeah, I know. You missed the connotation apparently. It's obvious by X4 who made Zero. It was Dr. Wily's intention that should Zero be defeated, the Zero Virus that he implanted in him would go off, infecting the winner, essentially making whoever beat Zero into the next Wily Bot. This was obviously intended for Mega Man (or Mega Man X; X's creation time frame isn't exactly mentioned, so there's no way of knowing if Wily actually did know about it or not by then). Of course, he didn't/couldn't know about how the Virus would affect Reploids, but affect them it did (in a very bad way, too).

The Reploids are fairly substandard copies of X's design by Dr. Cain, who couldn't quite figure out Dr. Light's Emotion Chip design by the time he started Reploid manufacture. He eventually created the Suffering Circuit, which was based on the Emotion Chip, and had that installed in Zero when Sigma brought him back. By then, the Zero Virus had infected Sigma, and was being evolved into the Sigma Virus, although it wouldn't take hold until shortly before the events of Mega Man X1. In later installments, the Sigma Virus would prove to be deadly to X, while at the same time a power boost to Zero (since the Virus, even through all the mutations, still recognized Zero as Wily's creation). That's what I meant by Wily defeating Light's Emotion Chip/Suffering Circuit. By creating Zero, Dr. Wily set the stage for conflict for nearly 300+ years. If single-handedly changing the course of all of human history for centuries isn't a work of genius, I dunno what is.

I wasn't referencing the Ruby Spears cartoon when I made my mention of a lab accident, I was referring back to what I remember of the first MM game's instruction manual. 20 years later might have dulled my memory of it, but I coulda swore it mentioned a lab accident as the cause of Wily's Face Heel Turn.
                                Last edited by LilithAngel; 12-12-2009, 09:55 AM. Reason: Long winded explinations of simple concepts are long winded...

Comment

Working...
                                X