Mega Man 10!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mega Man 10!

I mean, Sigma couldn't have just gone and said "meh, fuck it I'll kill myself" >_>
    Sigma's a fucking virus. If Mother Elf could cure Maverick-ism - which was caused by the Zero Virus - it can eliminate Sigma for good.
    and what about Axel?
    Nothing after X5 is canon. Capcom drove this point home by completely shutting out Axl from the Zero and ZX plots.
    What about the Dr Light pods? Who's ghost eerily seems to know all about the current affairs. Capcom = masters of plot holes.
    The man invented a fucking android. He could've easily made an AI of himself. Wily apparently succeeded at this too since Sigma claimed to have gotten help from him in X5.
    It was Dr. Wily's intention that should Zero be defeated, the Zero Virus that he implanted in him would go off, infecting the winner, essentially making whoever beat Zero into the next Wily Bot.
    I'm not so sure about that. Zero is the original cause of Maverick behavior - he must have the capability to infect reploids whether he's beaten or not. There's no way to know that Sigma wouldn't have been infected eventually. It's also been said (in the art books, apparently) that Zero continued to spread Maverick-ism even after being repaired, yet X was never affected. This is kind of implied in the Zero series anyways since Zero insisted he be put to sleep until he could be studied thoroughly and they were sure he was no longer a threat to the world. The Sigma Virus can't really be credited to Wily; it was a completely unforeseen event to everyone.
    By creating Zero, Dr. Wily set the stage for conflict for nearly 300+ years. If single-handedly changing the course of all of human history for centuries isn't a work of genius, I dunno what is.
    In all fairness the bulk of the credit for that should go to Dr. Cain, since there wouldn't be 300+ years of conflict if no one had tried to make more androids based on X's design. And there would be no Sigma Virus without Sigma.

Was the concept of the Emotion Chip and Suffering Circuit introduced in Maverick Hunter X? I haven't played that game and I've barely seen the Day of Sigma
    I was referring back to what I remember of the first MM game's instruction manual.
    I wouldn't trust such a thing unless it's been proven to be a direct translation of the JP manual. For example every single Sonic the Hedgehog manual before the Dreamcast had pure bullshit for plot. Either way, Mega Man Powered Up retcons this even if it were true; he was simply shunned by his peers for his "radical theories" and was driven batshit insane by that and by always being one-upped by Light.

Comment

Update!

GoNintendo - Mega Man 10 - new robot master revealed, more details

- ice boss in charge of a glacier stage, snowmen with exploding heads, ice blocks which break if shot or touched
      - sewer stage, slug-like Mets
      - stadium stage, baseball-throwing robots, soccer ball platforms that rise when shot, soccer goalie mid-boss
      - desert stage, vision-obscuring sandstorms
      - Yashichi returns to refill Life and Weapons energy
      - between-level shop returns
      - multiple modes
      - in-game achievement-style challenges
      - online ranking
      - downloadable content
      - no sliding or charge shots
      - no female robot masters
      - launches this March
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

- no sliding or charge shots
        - no female robot masters
        Fuck.

Comment

wow MM10 makes MM3 seem revolutionary. these days. :p

Roll needs a better role. They should give her just buster cannon and she could be like the hard version of the game.

Comment

Why can't they just leave the sliding and buster in?

Guess this means Blues won't have a charge shot either this time. I wonder if all 3 characters will have unique shop upgrades though. I liked how in RM 8 you could get different charged shots from the shop. The laser was especially awesome since it went through walls.

Also, as long as they're making silly robot masters ... where is shopping cart man? XD His power could be Rockman summons a shopping cart that just speeds forward and sends him flying the second you crash into something!
            sigpic

Comment

Roll needs a better role. They should give her just buster cannon and she could be like the hard version of the game.
              Go buy Mega Man Powered Up and shut up about it already. People already do buster-only challenges, we don't need Roll for that. Her weapon's been changed to a broom anyways.

Also after looking it up on Wikipedia it seems I was right about the NES story probably being made-up. From the Development and Localization section of the Mega Man (video game) Wikipedia article:
              In the original Japanese version of the story, Dr. Wily was not Dr. Light's partner. Instead, he is simply a mad scientist who gets revenge on the world for not recognizing his scientific work.

Comment

When they did the reveal the other day in Japan the guy behind the series said something about Mega Man Legends 3 (though by translation it was assumed he was making a joke) but he seemed to heavily imply that there was a focus on making a follow up to Powered Up.

I picked up a copy of Powered Up and while I still have yet to get around to it, what little I played thus far feels pretty true to the NES classic (well except for the bad guys being playable after you beat them).

Also, Mega Buster and Slide were where things started to get a little too easy for Mega Man. Were I to keep one of the two, I'd just keep the slide action. I think they buster de-emphasized using the other weapons you picked up over the course of the game to get around obstacles, because in the very first game, the powers you picked up were useful for more than just beating another boss (such as Bomb and Gutsman powers).

Comment

Sliding doesn't facilitate the game in any way as long as the level designer wishes that to be so. It allows for longer jumps, due to the way Mega Man's sprite changes shapes and detects collision with the ground when sliding (his sprite extends backwards, which means you can be sliding past the point at which he'd fall off while standing.) You can still have pixel-perfect jumps - they'd just be sliding pixel-perfect jumps (which is actually harder, since sliding is faster and thus the timing is stricter.)

Adding more movement options increases the possible hurdles you can throw at the player.
                  Last edited by Armando; 12-18-2009, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Well, that's why I said if I had one to pick it would be sliding, it forces the issue of making designs that work around that or negatively affect that strategy.

The Mega Buster, on the other hand, doesn't really add anything except damage to an otherwise standard pea shooter. If the mega buster functioned in the older games like it did in the X series, I might feel a little differently about it. Even then it wasn't adding much utility to the experience.

Comment

The Mega Buster, on the other hand, doesn't really add anything except damage to an otherwise standard pea shooter. If the mega buster functioned in the older games like it did in the X series, I might feel a little differently about it. Even then it wasn't adding much utility to the experience.
                      What do you mean? X Buster totally sucked against bosses.

Comment

I mean that the charging was there for all the weapons in the X series. At least from what I remember, I only ever touched the SNES games and when I tried a PSOne installment, I quit in disgust of how short the levels were. Its been a long time since i played the X series.

Comment

I mean that the charging was there for all the weapons in the X series. At least from what I remember, I only ever touched the SNES games and when I tried a PSOne installment, I quit in disgust of how short the levels were. Its been a long time since i played the X series.
                          Funny, I never noticed that; in fact I thought it was the opposite, since the Playstation games have stages divided into two parts.

At any rate you can only charge special weapons if you had the upgraded buster, but yes that feature's been in pretty much every X game.

Comment

The levels in X6 were particularly long in some instances (and brutal)

I just like having the Buster. It's bad enough Rockman loses his weapons every new game, but the buster o. O ?
                            As for sliding, I love slide-jumping. It was a technique I had at one time perfected... I'd like to see them bring back the Rush attachments though. I didn't like the hybrid suit in 7 at all, but the stand-alone Jet suit in 6 was just boss.
                            Last edited by Malacite; 12-18-2009, 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling Error Corrected
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              It's bad enough Rockman losers his weapons every new game,
                              Full stop.

We're on the tenth installment of this series here. If the man in blue had kept all of his weapons, he'd have some kind of stupid arsenal of 70 different powers, plus the one's he'll get from the robot masters of this game, plus the buster. Oh, and this isn't even accounting for any of the attachments . . .

What on Earth do you guys smoke up there in Canada?
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                                It's bad enough Rockman losers his weapons every new game
                                Rockman would be Sylar from Season 1 of Heroes if he had all of his weapons from previous games.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g905jO0US5s&feature=related"]YouTube- Megaman X Super Nintendo Hadoken[/ame] ^^Had to be posted.
                                {New Sig in the works}
                                -----------------------
                                "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                                "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                                Originally posted by Solymir
                                What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Working...
                                X