Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Man 10!

Nintendo Power reveals Mega Man 10 for WiiWare

Get your weapons ready! The latest issue of Nintendo Power features some mega news -- specifically, the upcoming release of Mega Man 10 on WiiWare.

The new installment, like the brilliant Mega Man 9, uses an NES-style aesthetic, and features wacky new bosses like Sheep Man. Sheep Man! Proto Man returns as a playable character (this time immediately, and not as time-delayed DLC), along with a third mystery character! The extra character's identity: just one of the details, like the release date or whether or not it's on other platforms, that we're just going to have to wait to find out.

An image in the writeup also reveals an Easy Mode for the game, which we can imagine being welcome for a lot of people not accustomed to the uniquely painful experience of trying to complete an NES Mega Man title.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Mega Man 10!

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Sheep Man!!!
    If the weapon gotten from beating Sheep Man is named anything like Baah Blaster or Lamb Chopper, the game will be immediately turned off.

Sidenote, I havent played MM9 yet so I might download it over the holiday to add to my list of games to beat play.

I like the coverart too, very cool looking.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Bad-ass. I wasn't willing to pay just for Protoman. Also Bass better appear on this one. Especially after Capcom said he was absent from 9 because Wily was upgrading him at the time.

Comment

I'm still at the start of Wily's castle on 9, I bought that and Braid at the same time and kinda forgot to go back to it. Well, that and I was playing Ninja Gaiden 2 at the same time, and there was only so much stupidly difficult gaming I could do at the same time without having a stroke.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

they should make Roll playable. I tell you, Inafune is so sexist. He makes Protoman playable, but not Roll.
          Marvel vs. Capcom 2 proves Roll can use a buster cannon too, as well as robot master weapons.

Comment

Forte would be cool.

Though I'm disappointed it's yet another 8-bit game, likely with the ass-backwards gameplay.

Is it really that much to ask for a definitive end to the series that ties into the X saga? I want to see Zero actually activate and go on that bloody rampage he saw in his "dreams" in X4.

I'm one of the most diehard rockman fans out there, but enough is enough Capcom. You can only recycle a tired old formula so much. Please, just end the original story already! It's what we've been wanting to see forever (some confirmation about whether or not Wily was really dead would be nice too as Sigma hinted at him somehow being alive in X5)
            sigpic

Comment

I think Inafune said in an itnerview that Zero did not kill Megaman.

anyways the series is screwed up as it is, I think the creator never intended to end the series storywise.
              There would be a point where MM games would stop being made, but I think MM is kind of like Street Fighter,
              no one really plays them for the story.

Comment

I'm sick of capcom doing that though.

They've done it with ever last fucking series so far; they create a bit of a story (some more epic than others) and then at a certain point drop it cold and skip ahead without any explanations. Very seldom do we get any kind of conclusive ending, and even if we do they find ways to continue it further like they did with the MMZ or Battle Network series.
                sigpic

Comment

Mega Man was at its best gameplay in 8-bit.

Mega Man's story was never meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    Capcom game stories are never meant to be taken seriously.

Fixed. I probably said this in another thread already, but Capcom eats Retcon Flakes and drinks Fuck-your-canon coffee for breakfast every morning.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Edit: Wrong Thread
                      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-11-2009, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Mega Man was at its best gameplay in 8-bit.
                        Mega Man 8 disagrees. Not that it matters since the only "gameplay" change post-NES is buying upgrades at Dr.Light's, which Mega Man 9 kept. Mal is most likely referring to the lack of slide, which does add a bit of depth to the gameplay and allows for even more asinine jumps.

And I doubt Capcom will end the series as long as it's still profitable Mal. That'd be like giving Mario games a conclusion.

That aside I doubt there's enough people who still care about Classic Mega Man to make an "up to date" game release worth it.
                        they should make Roll playable. I tell you, Inafune is so sexist. He makes Protoman playable, but not Roll.
                        You really crack me up. First off Roll is a joke character in MvC2. Secondly she's playable in Mega Man: Powered Up, and she's weaker there too. Thirdly she appeared in Tatsunoko VS Capcom in which classic Mega Man is not present. Fourthly she's a housekeeping robot. Also, the ZX games let you choose between a male or female character. Not to mention the fact that there's enough girls in Mega Man Legends to start a harem anime.

Besides that you forget the fact that Mega Man was invented at a time where the higher-ups in a company would demand male leads to market the game. I suppose Miyamoto is sexist now because Peach is always getting kidnapped?

Wily's the sexist one. Over 100 Robot Masters and not a single woman =P
                        Last edited by Armando; 12-11-2009, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Holy.....crap..... this is not the kind of thing I need to see as soon as I wake up lol.

This is going to be great, love Mega Man
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                            And I doubt Capcom will end the series as long as it's still profitable Mal. That'd be like giving Mario games a conclusion.
                            Since when does Mario have a continuing (if any) plot though?

When they began the X series, the story started to develop more seriously and it got even more intense with the Zero series. All I ask is for some definitive closure. They can stick in however many sequels they want to milk the series inbetween, but some kind of official ending to the original mega man timeline (and the X timeline for that matter) would be appreciated.

And not just the lack of slide, but no M Buster or cool array of Rush Abilities. The shop was also kinda cool. Rockman 8 and Rockman & Forte were pretty cool with the power-ups you could purchase and the graphics were awesome. I love how they decided to do the retro feel (including glitches) intentionally for MM9, but that's not something I want as a recurring theme.

I'm not saying it has to be 3D, but would it kill them to keep the innovations from 7 and on? IIRC, 8 is still the only one where you could swim, and I forget if it's 8 or RM & F that you could actually duck for the first time.

Oh yeah, and no more retarded robot masters if at all possible please (I'm looking at YOU Clown Man)

... 8-bit zero might be kind of funny to see though.
                            sigpic

Comment

When they began the X series, the story started to develop more seriously and it got even more intense with the Zero series. All I ask is for some definitive closure. They can stick in however many sequels they want to milk the series inbetween, but some kind of official ending to the original mega man timeline (and the X timeline for that matter) would be appreciated.
                              Sequels won't play the same as the original. And the X timeline doesn't need closure, Mega Man Zero gave it.
                              I'm not saying it has to be 3D, but would it kill them to keep the innovations from 7 and on? IIRC, 8 is still the only one where you could swim, and I forget if it's 8 or RM & F that you could actually duck for the first time.
                              I don't recall ducking in either.
                              Oh yeah, and no more retarded robot masters if at all possible please (I'm looking at YOU Clown Man)
                              Screw you, Clown Man is awesome. If you want retarded just look at Heat Man, Bubble Man and Wood Man.

Comment

Working...
                              X