Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aliens vs. Predator = best FPS of 2010. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aliens vs. Predator = best FPS of 2010.

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    hmph hmph hmph. I doubt any of those three can substitute what AVP will offer.
    What will it offer? A job? A reward? Some advice?

Comment

like just gun wielders shooting gun wielders :p
      Do you even read what you type before you type it? Isn't that what FPS's are about? What about firefight mode from ODST or Horde mode from GoW? Both of those provide a rediculous amount of non PVP fun. (Even though they are mostly gunweilders shooting other gunweilders...) (I need to stop looking at These Topics my IQ is already low enough...)
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Saying AVP is the best FPS of 2010 is a little premature but does anyone know FPS title coming out in 2010?

I remember playing AVP2 for the PC, it was a fun game. The Single player mode was solid...Predator gameplay was a semi-stealth/traditional FPS, Marines was survival horror FPS, and Alien was stealth FPS.

In multiplayer I usually played Team deathmatch (Human Vs. Alien, Human Vs. Predator, Predator vs. Alien) but Survivorn (Everyone starts as Marines and the first person killed turns into an Alien. Then friendly fire is turned off for the rest of the match and you get 30 seconds to find your weapon of choice some ammo. Any marine who is killed turns into an Alien.) was my favorite.

I remember a Last Man Standing match where I trapped in a dead end hallway with 3 other marines holding off the other 12 players. Two of us were standing while the other two were kneeling then we heard the worst sound in that type of situation...the sound of gunfire decreasing as we started to run out of ammo. Looking at certain death as Aliens are running/leaping along the ceiling, walls, and floor of the hallway.
        Last edited by Losrase; 11-23-2009, 09:37 AM.
        PSN ID: Kelshan
        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
        sigpic

Comment

Seeing as Modern Warfare is going to dominate the online arena for some time... yeah no. AVP will be a hit on PC, but that's only because Activision fucked over PC users for MW2.

Oh yeah and let's not forget about MAG for PS3. I can't wait for some 128 vs 128 action.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

oh mew, everyone picks on me. wonder why?
            Putting it nicely, it boils down to your posting policy being "quantity over quality."

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              Oh yeah and let's not forget about MAG for PS3.
              Crap forgot about MAG!!! Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and MAG let's go!

PS, Armando I like the sig ^_^
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                Do you even read what you type before you type it? Isn't that what FPS's are about? What about firefight mode from ODST or Horde mode from GoW? Both of those provide a rediculous amount of non PVP fun. (Even though they are mostly gunweilders shooting other gunweilders...) (I need to stop looking at These Topics my IQ is already low enough...)
                Mew mew MEEW! FPS aren't limited to just gun users fighting gun users. Even those enemies in Halo and GoW are basically
                just people in alien/mutant costumes since anyone can use the same guns. Aaaah! it's common sense! Mew!
                AVP offers 3 very unique playable species with their very unique way of survival! No one FPS offers that!

Comment

Even those enemies in Halo and GoW are basically
                  just people in alien/mutant costumes since anyone can use the same guns.
                  I'm talking about game modes with NPCs... So that somewhat doesn't really matter.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------

Comment

No one FPS offers that!
                    So basically as long as I can name a feature no other game in the same genre offers, I can declare my game of preference the best one evar?

Then I nominate Metroid Prime Trilogy since I dare you to find an FPS where you fight Metroids.
                    I agree.

Comment

Crap forgot about MAG!!! Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and MAG let's go!

You would.

And besides, Bad Company? Really? Like Battlefield needs to be anything like Modern Warfare...

Mew mew MEEW! FPS aren't limited to just gun users fighting gun users. Even those enemies in Halo and GoW are basically
                      just people in alien/mutant costumes since anyone can use the same guns. Aaaah! it's common sense! Mew!
                      AVP offers 3 very unique playable species with their very unique way of survival! No one FPS offers that!
                      Yes, FPSs are traditionally the player using guns. And, guns is a very loosely used term. Some games have biologically alive guns, but they're still guns. And you're still using them to shoot people.

You haven't even mentioned Colonial Marines. Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                        And besides, Bad Company? Really? Like Battlefield needs to be anything like Modern Warfare...
                        Well they aren't going to make a Battlefield: Modern Combat 3 yet... So you gotta take what you can get I guess.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------

Comment

Well they aren't going to make a Battlefield: Modern Combat 3 yet... So you gotta take what you can get I guess.
                          All I really want from them is Battlefield 2142 2, but I know I wont get that because DICE already abandoned the original.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post

Yes, FPSs are traditionally the player using guns. And, guns is a very loosely used term. Some games have biologically alive guns, but they're still guns. And you're still using them to shoot people.

You haven't even mentioned Colonial Marines. Wtf?
                            ya but normally in AVP, Colonial Marines aren't shooting each other unless it's DM. the Marines are really meant to just shoot the
                            Aliens and Predators, not each other.

Left 4 Dead is also a good example that FPS don't need to always be about humans shooting humans. humans cooperating
                            against zombies or other things that aren't human, is a good refreshing difference from the typical shooters.

Comment

I found the answer to my question.

» 10 First Person Shooters to look forward to in 2010 - DigitalBattle.com
                              PSN ID: Kelshan
                              Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                              Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
                                Gobar Says:

November 24th, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Red Steel2 – hahaha poor Wii bastards

I just had to LOL at that comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X