No announcement yet.

What games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What games are you currently playing?

Well just bought a 3DS for 60$. First game purchase for it was Monster Hunter 4. If anyone plays, here's my friend code. 1220 - 9677 - 5122
    Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
      Well just bought a 3DS for 60$. First game purchase for it was Monster Hunter 4. If anyone plays, here's my friend code. 1220 - 9677 - 5122
      I have been known to hunt monsters...but not as much as I was o_0!

Friend code = 2809-8090-4360
      "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
      www.raspberrypi.org
      Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

Yeah they basically left the porting to an outsourced company and gave them basically no time in order to port it correctly. The result was a buggy unstable mess that would constantly crash a few hours into the game. Plus there were framerate issues and a ton of graphical glitches.

The main reason the game was review bombed on Metacritic and Steam is because a lot of the reviews of the game with the major online publications were for the PS4 version of the game AKA the version that actually works properly, though the terrible framerate leads to input lag and janky, stuttery animations.

Rocksteady don't have the best reputation with PC ports really. They have the Triple A Developer attitude of "Release now, maybe latch later when we've gouged the fanbase for more DLC". I wish I was kidding but that is literally the reason they gave for never fixing the PC version of Arkham Origins. They said they would finish fixing the PC version once they are done with finishing the DLC. Then the inevitable happened and they ran with the money.

General consensus among gamers seems to be get it on PS4 if you want it now, or just wait for it to inevitably come with a Humble Bundle.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Sadly I found out the guard that protects the copper wires where the charging port on the 3DS is, is stripped clean of it's protection. I'm gonna have a talk with the pawn shop owner. He's known me for awhile, maybe he can get me a replacement since I already paid for it. Also the Serial Number Sticker is ripped clean off and the screws are starting to strip on the back plating, didn't want to risk further damage to my 3DS. So I called Nintendo (bless their hearts) and the rep told me the Serial#. Sadly the Warranty Expired 2 years ago. I was going to use the trick of the Nintendo Club to extend my warranty by 90 days. I don't think I can do that now though . So I have to prop up my 3DS to properly charge it.

But overall Monster Hunter 4 is a blast. Stayed up until like 4 AM last night hunting with a buddy of mine. Spent over 2 hours trying to farm a Bhanabras Wings for my weapon, I only needed 2 of the damn things and kept getting Shell's. I enjoy the Hunting Horn a lot. It's nice that it can heal and buff. I enjoy being support in any game.
          Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            General consensus among gamers seems to be get it on PS4 if you want it now, or just wait for it to inevitably come with a Humble Bundle.
            Regarding Arkham Knight? PC version is a trainwreck for sure. Avoid at all costs until they fix it.

I can confirm the PS4 version runs great, though. Very, very few problems other than a bit of dropped frames when travelling at high speed in the Batmobile (which I try to do as little as possible because the Batmobile sucks and the game forces you to use it too much already).

Icemage

Comment

Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

NNID? (Mine is OchotonidKnight.)
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Just beat dark souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Teirm View Post
                    Just beat dark souls.
                    Grats

Great game. I'm trying (again!) to beat Dark Souls 2: SotfS atm and keep getting stuck. Stuck on the Rotten atm.
                    "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
                    www.raspberrypi.org
                    Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

Been playing Bravely Default for the past 2 weeks. I have to say, I didn't think there would be this much death, seems SE took the darker approach on this RPG. Also a little pissed that Xenoblade Chronicles is on the new 3DS only. I hate Nintendo for doing system remakes just so they can funnel more profits. But hey, that's business I guess. I ordered Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. I never got the chance to sit down and play it as a child, so being able to do some progression on it now as an adult on my 3DS will be nice.

Comment

My son introduced me to the trailer for Super Mario Maker not long ago and after watching dozens of YouTube videos about levels people have made, I caved and bought a WiiU with the game bundled in.

Having a blast with it so far, although I had to stop so I could finish my homework. Super fun though, highly recommend.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Finally got on the Dark Souls bandwagon thanks to this weekend's Steam Sale. I think it took me 6+ hours to get past the Bell Gargoyles, around 8 now and I'm just past Capra Demon. That butcher guy in the Depths got me to hang it up for the night. I am not good at this game, but there's so much depth in it it's hard not to want to dive in.

Comment

Grats and welcome to the Souls games

There are some things that make the early game easier, such as getting some pyromancies under your belt and getting the Drake sword

The rest is timing.
                            www.raspberrypi.org

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              Finally got on the Dark Souls bandwagon thanks to this weekend's Steam Sale. I think it took me 6+ hours to get past the Bell Gargoyles, around 8 now and I'm just past Capra Demon. That butcher guy in the Depths got me to hang it up for the night. I am not good at this game, but there's so much depth in it it's hard not to want to dive in.
                              I think that's about the point where I put the game down. Those gargoyles were a damn marathon to get past and the game just laughed and said "you thought those were hard? Here let me kill you some more".
                              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                              Name: Drjones
                              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Officially obsessed with Super Mario Maker. I created this one today, not really a typical level of mine because I like to make levels that actually seem realistic, but I wanted to play with the materials a bit. So I came up with the Final Fantasy Showcase, which I'm pretty proud of:

If any of you have the game and want to check it out, the code is 5A53-0000-0051-922E
                                sigpic
                                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X