This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Xbox 360 Launch Plans Revealed

/em starts throwing more change into the change jar!
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
      Ehh?

Did I miss some data somewere. When did MS state that their HDD was 2.5" I know Sony annouced that for their PS3 but I didn't see that for Xbox 360.

Either way though it is a bit more costly yes, but not $5.00 to a GB worth costly. That's just insaine.
      Yea both are using 2.5" this time around. It was listed somewhere back at introduction unless MS got a redesigned in.

Of course it doesn't justify the cost... Not even xbox zelots will do that.

What we don't know yet is if those are REAL hot swap slot load technology HDD. Now those are expensive stuff, which I doubt they'll have.

Realistically if MS even gives us anything, it's a fancy plastic cover to easy the changing.

Comment

Originally posted by kuu
        Yea both are using 2.5" this time around. It was listed somewhere back at introduction unless MS got a redesigned in.

Of course it doesn't justify the cost... Not even xbox zelots will do that.

What we don't know yet is if those are REAL hot swap slot load technology HDD. Now those are expensive stuff, which I doubt they'll have.

Realistically if MS even gives us anything, it's a fancy plastic cover to easy the changing.
        Hmm, guess I haven't been keeping up on the info. Didn't even know anything about them being hot swap slots. Guess that might justify the price a little more, I'd of thought though more of about maybe $3.50 or $4.00 sounds more reasonable then still.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

From what IGN said in one of their coverages, the HDD add-on is an actual adapter, a part of the system, and is not like a standard HDD. Could be something that's changed, could be incorrect, but I'd be suprised if Microsoft allowed for the same kind of modding that has been done to the Xbox.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Could be their "Hot swap" technology.

Everyone is using the word, but no one really backs it up. Hot swap can mean anything to the PS2 way, to not having to unscrew your lit.

Real Hotswap HDDs are those used in massive database servers.

Comment

Happy to see there's 21 estimated launch titles versus the... whopping 6 that were announced earlier lol.

Comment

So the gross numbers are in. My guess was 250. In all. Boy was I wrong. Next-gen is going to be a money pit. I can't wait to hear the PS3 price. (rolls eyes). Revolution, anyone?

Comment

My guesses? Playstation 3 - $599 (HDD not included), Nintendo Revolution $149. This new generation of consoles is going to separate consumers more than ever in videogame console history.
                  Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

SIX HUNDRED?! o_O Wow. I was thinking 5. Why does 600 seem so much more expensive than 500? And you're right on with Revolution. If our buddies at Nintendo stay true blue, we'll be seeing a cheap next-gen, as well as a boost in Revolution sales.

Comment

How will we participate in the FFXI XB360 beta test that's supposed to coincide with the release?

Comment

/fume

I'm still divided. I dont give three shits about the Xbox, and I'm gonna tell my roomate to get it while I get the PS3. Of course, if something like this is going to affect me, then I'm gonna be stabbing someone.

I dont have enough details to formulate and opinion yet tho.
                        The Tao of Ren
                        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                        Originally posted by Kaeko
                        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

My speculation is that the PS3 is going to be $349-$399 with no hd. I believe it was stated that the hd will not be available at launch. Though it is entirely possible that they will go higher. They know they have an established following and could push them a little. But pushing may lead to some people switching to the 360, so 6 of one; half dozen of another.

The Revolution will be $199-$249.

As for the 360 FFXI beta, I recently read an article and they hinted that you'll buy your 360 and there will be a way for you to register via the purchase. So probably some way via X-box Live. I'd link the article but my arse is dragging and I don't have the energy to search for it. You know....searching the internet is so tiresome. ;P
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I think the PS3 launch price will be much higher than the Xbox 360 set. There's simply too much included in the system to be as cheap as $399. A retail Blu Ray Drive at 2X will cost consumers about $3000 once they are released later this year, there's no way that Sony can plan on putting a BD-ROM drive in the PS3 without it costing a few hundred more than the Xbox360. In addition, the system features other things that aren't included in the Xbox360, like built-in WiFi and Bluetooth technology. These kind of premiums are not going to make the system cheap, and like Kutaragi himself said, many of us will have to work extra hours to be able to afford the PS3.

Until we hear the details from Nintendo, I'm sticking with a $149 price tag for the Revolution. The console is only slightly more powerful than the Gamecube when comparing the PS3 to PS2 and 360 to Xbox. In addition, it's not too heavy on extra features (without taking a look at the controller, that thing might be pretty heavy-duty), with the exception of WiFi and SD Card support.

$399 is a good price for the Xbox 360 system, I'd say. It's what most people will buy. However, it looks as if Microsoft may be wrongfully trying to make back profit with the cost of accessories. And if addons are so expensive, how expensive are games going to be?

As for Revolution sales, I think it really depends on Zelda. Twilight Princess is poised to sell plenty of Gamecube consoles, especially if Nintendo plans a price drop to 79.99 for the Gamecube console or even lower. However, if the Twilight Princess release date is in fact close enough to Revolution launch, it may be able to sell just as many Revolution consoles. My guess is that Zelda: Twilight Princess will be as big as everyone's predicted (bigger than Ocarina of Time, IMO), and Nintendo will reveal their next-gen Zelda title just in time to eat up all the interested newcomers from Twilight Princess who weren't planning on buying a Revolution.

I made a booboo, I'm going to merge this thread with my Next-Gen thread.
                            Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 08-18-2005, 09:22 AM.
                            Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Re: The Next-Gen War has Begun!

Hmm, so I guess the estimated $499 for the PS3 that was done earlier isn't as valid now? My guess would of been $499 (w/o HDD) and $599 (with HDD).

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Re: The Next-Gen War has Begun!

Originally posted by Macht
                                Hmm, so I guess the estimated $499 for the PS3 that was done earlier isn't as valid now? My guess would of been $499 (w/o HDD) and $599 (with HDD).
                                Just weirdness going around.

PS3 at amazon.com was just listed at 299.

A little slight of hand on sony's part to stir up anti-media?

Comment

Working...
                                X