This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Next-Gen War has Begun!

I agree, Byakko, but many people say that compared to the PS2, the GC has a 1 good game to 3 bad ratio, while the PS2 will have a 1 to 50.

I think thats blasphemy, because of the sheer amount of owners of PS2s, so naturally, publishers are gonna support games on the PS2. . .

Oh well, bottom line was seen 2 years ago when the PS2 had more units than GC and XB combined, and kept growing. . .
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Can't say for that... more games are always good, even if you got to pull more weeds.

For instance Oct to nov on PS2 is the big hit list, since it's holiday season, and the the pubishers come out with the big guns.

They got at leat 5 or 6 hit titles to surely bring in the "ooh" factor per genre.

This can't be said of GC or xbox.. with 360, no surpise for xbox.

I've got dibs on dq, shining force, manga carta, wild arms, soul calibur 3 this buying season @.@

just because you're 1/1 doesn't mean you'll get neverending quality.

Comment

Also keep in mind that with the GC, good games come out every 4-6 months. Great. Where is that Zelda sequel?

No comment
        The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I agree that great Gamecube games are far and between and are released very rarely, but when they are great, they're superb. Smash Bros. Melee, Wind Waker, Tales of Symphonia...there are quite a few excellent Gamecube games, and all of them are worth the wait to me.

No matter what other consoles I own, Smash Bros. is the game I've spent the most time playing this generation.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Byakko
            TheGrandMom

I own both consoles.
            Microsoft lacks game variation compared to the Playstion.
            Just compare the specs and the result is a 'no-brainer'.

Though I adore quality games such as Halo + 1/2 Life.
            Some X-box owners are quite content to own just that system and would argue that X-box has more to offer the online/mature gamer. So the point is different people like different things. I own many game systems. Some were duds but I can still find aspects of them that I enjoyed and appreciated. Your original comment doesn't add to an intelligent discussion, it just smacks of fanboyism.

And I prefer not to jump on any bandwagon until after I have actually spent some time with both systems. Specs, smecks....hands on is the only way for me to make my decisions. I've seen things come and go with AWESOME specs.....the games sell the system.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I actually had the honor of playing on a XBox 360. I was blown the hell away. The graphics were..... incredible. I did not see any slowdown whatsoever (Except on the King Kong game; water fight). I nearly died when seeing those graphics.

Call of Duty 2 pretty much stole my heart. Normally I'm no First-Person-Shooter fan but that game REALLY made my jaw drop.

But in all seriousness I am waiting for the Revolution. Sony and Microsoft are just ew (Microsoft is guilty of making an unsecure OS, buying out game companies and MAKING STREET FIGHTER 3 ONLINE ONLY FOR THE XBOX!!! .........While Sony killed the greatest aspect of the PSP market, Homebrew). That said, Nintendo seems to encourage development and it is got geared to Hardcore gamers. And with the Nintendo Revolution's controller it looks as if we're going to see some awesome games. If Nintendo allows Homebrew then it will be the king of Next-Gen....

But then again I can always settle for the GP2X!
              Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
              Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

Originally posted by Moaku Hyena
                I actually had the honor of playing on a XBox 360. I was blown the hell away. The graphics were..... incredible. I did not see any slowdown whatsoever (Except on the King Kong game; water fight). I nearly died when seeing those graphics.

Call of Duty 2 pretty much stole my heart. Normally I'm no First-Person-Shooter fan but that game REALLY made my jaw drop.

But in all seriousness I am waiting for the Revolution. Sony and Microsoft are just ew (Microsoft is guilty of making an unsecure OS, buying out game companies and MAKING STREET FIGHTER 3 ONLINE ONLY FOR THE XBOX!!! .........While Sony killed the greatest aspect of the PSP market, Homebrew). That said, Nintendo seems to encourage development and it is got geared to Hardcore gamers. And with the Nintendo Revolution's controller it looks as if we're going to see some awesome games. If Nintendo allows Homebrew then it will be the king of Next-Gen....

But then again I can always settle for the GP2X!
                I think you have it backwards...

Rev seems to be aiming for a niche, and sony and M$ carving up the "hardcore" markets.

xbox is focusing on the teen, MTV, type gamer, while sony focuses on the young adult, media, gamer.

Rev, instead of going "hardcore" is actually doing the opposite. It's going for the "toys" market, with quirkliness, and creatively, and price range, rather than plain old "bigger, better, bad-er"

From the looks of things, Rev is going to have another "you'll be lucky to have higher then a teen rating" game style.

Comment

Originally posted by Byakko
                  TheGrandMom

I own both consoles.
                  Microsoft lacks game variation compared to the Playstion.
                  Just compare the specs and the result is a 'no-brainer'.

Though I adore quality games such as Halo + 1/2 Life.
                  There is a catch to this as the GrandMom kind of touched on. You have to keep in mind that we are in a capitalism type world right now, so the one to appeal to a larger consumer base tends to win out more then the one that worked to have the best ideal design.

I have to admit the PS3 specs are incredible, and not only that because of the cell technology it's ability only increases with each cell technology device it's networked to. The problem is the system can be a revolution and hold unimaginable capability but if it doesn't have the games to intrest the gamers then it isn't likely to survive.

As it is right now seems XBox360 and PS3 game wise both have some intresting ones. So right now as long as PS3 is capable of being easily coded then it's likely to get more developers intrested in programming for it. If that happens then it just might come to the systems specs limiting what the developers can do, when it reaches that point then real powerhouse of the two should shine.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Well I don't bring in the "MS IS EVIL" bullcrap into my decisions. Same for the recent Sony vs. homebrew debacle. The only thing I'm interested in is gaming. Buy all systems and enjoy all the games, period. I'm a gamer.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                      ...The only thing I'm interested in is gaming. Buy all systems and enjoy all the games, period. I'm a gamer.

/nod at leats... imma try and buy all systems ;

Comment

Nice.... you have so many information bout ps3 oO
                        interesting ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe_mTd
                          Nice.... you have so many information bout ps3 oO
                          interesting ^^
                          There is always information on PS3 if you go sniffing around. Developers, games, and system. The problem is not to lean on "omg" and get some realistism to it.

The ps3 is still a long time away to NA people, but it's not shouded in mystery like revolution at least.

One thing about the the next generation, and most specifically PS3 is the idea of "power to mimic real life" I.E Phyisics, HD, and color realism. We'll just have to see how that turns out.

It is proper to note that there are general predictions that there will be a rise of "youngsters" because of multi-core-izm, where the old folks in the industries are too dragged down by how things were done, and the a new kind of culture from the newbies will rise. There is already talk of leaving behind C++ and move to a more parallel friendly programing language and more vector based. That'll be fun if it ends up that way

Also the rise of middleware, or pre made programing code parts, instead of inhouse(especially phyisics engine).

Oh PS3 specifically, it seems that sony are advising programers to "daisy-chain" like threads so the CPU will never theorically run out things to do. Which is an interesting concept. This makes the PS3, a "giant cellphone" almost in how they're handled.

Comment

I'm with the xbox 360.Why?The only reason why I am going to buy is because I can connect it to my PC.Even if the PS3 is more powerful,my money is better wated on the xbox 360.

Comment

Who's to say the Playstation 3 won't be able to connect to your PC or laptop? Numerous USB ports, bluetooth technology and built-in WiFi would be more than enough to do so.
                              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                              Currently Playing:
                              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

And besides, the 360 is just . . . idk. . kinda applish? (grasping for straws) With no XBL access, I am generally unimpressed by what else the system has to offer. kinda like when i was gonna buy SOCOM3, but my dorm blocks all ports for gaming
                                The Tao of Ren

Comment

Working...
                                X