Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
If anybody is on MyFitnessPal, my username is lun4tic.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Collapse
X
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
My homework kept me from both my Monday and Wednesday workout, tomorrow I will be back at it with a vengeance, since I have class today before work.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
FFXIOnline.com dies.
Reborn as FinalFitnessXIOnline.com.
Gained 4 pounds in 3 weeks. WHEEEEE. :D
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Yeah I've changed my routine;
Before I was going in Mon Tues & Thurs, but I've spaced it out to Mon Wed Fri to give myself a day of rest between each session and no more than 2 days away from the gym at a time.
. _ . right now my body's screaming at me though, because I'm still a bit hungry from dinner but nothing healthy really (well not much anyway) to snack on that'll fill me up - Oh the drawbacks to a fast metabolism ><
It's kept me from putting on too much weight over the years but I also burn through my energy like a damn hummer. NEEDS MOAR SUGAR!!!!!! RAWR!!!!@&^W%&^!W&^!T!WUYHUI!WYHI
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
You gotta work your way up to it. I was the same, never had any upper body strength.Originally posted by Ketaru View PostI was never able to do a pull-up when I was in school. I doubt it would be any easier for me to do now.
I started off with slowly lower myself down from the bar instead of actually doing proper pull ups. First session of that left me sore for nearly a week. Did another go of it and wasn't sore for quite as long. Tried today and was able to do an actual pull up. You just gotta put in a few reps and be sure to give your body time to heal up. It's slow but steady progress. Honestly the hardest part for me was finding a pull up bar(park with a playground) and then finding times to work out when there aren't other people around.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
I was never able to do a pull-up when I was in school. I doubt it would be any easier for me to do now.Originally posted by cidbahamut View PostSo my mile walk home turned into 3 miles when I got to my front door and realized I had left my keys at work.
In more encouraging news I can now do a pull up. Just the one mind you, but that's considerable progress for me.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
^^b good for you.
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'm rather pathetic myself and it's seriously depressing - I try not to focus on it, and instead think about how much better I'll be at the end of my training sessions. I'm hoping to drop 20~30 lbs by the fall and get my blood pressure down.
Ironically, I'm able to do pushups a lot better than I did in highschool - don't understand that lol. Maybe it's a mix of the coaching and my smoothies.
Speaking of which, seriously, if you don't own one GET A PROPER BLENDER! I don't mean those shitty overcosted piles of trash they try to sell you at the major retailers. If money's an issue, The Nutribullet (which I own and comes with a lot of great info guides) works wonders. If not, go for the Ninja - it's much more powerful and comes with better kit (freaking turns ice into snow in the blink of an eye).
What I do is I take the tall cup and fill it about halfway with Spinach and/or Green Kale and then add raspberries, blueberries and mango chunks. All the fruit is frozen, and when I can I get frozen spinach because they not only keep better but they retain their nutrients better - every day a piece of produce sits on the shelf it loses nutrients rapidly. I was surprised to learn that. For a "boost" I mix in about a teaspoon each of Sunflower, Sesame & Pumpkin Seeds. I've only just recently started adding a few almonds as well (to help lower blood pressure). I love the books that came with the machine, especially the little one as it's a handy guide that outlines the benefits of several foods. Really the only thing I'm missing that I'd like but can't seem to find *anywhere* are dried goji berries which are supposed to be amazing for your eyes and immune system. Chia seeds are also very very healthy and better than flax but quite expensive.
Anyways, you can cater your own smoothies to your personal needs but I make a batch that lasts me 3~4 days and it's done wonders for me even before I started going to the gym. These things actually emulsify the food during the blending process which is a big part of why they work so well - it's effectively doing your stomach's job for you so the nutrients go straight into your system (it also allows you to consume stuff that would normally be a pain or require special processing to get the health benefits from).
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
It took me forever to be able to do a pull-up, i can appreciate the accomplishment.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
So my mile walk home turned into 3 miles when I got to my front door and realized I had left my keys at work.
In more encouraging news I can now do a pull up. Just the one mind you, but that's considerable progress for me.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Possibly, idk - haven't really touched LoL. I was thinking of just starting off with LP's and branching out from there - I want to use my youtube channel for a bunch of stuff, though it might be smarter to open up a secondary account/channel for non-gaming related stuff.
It's something I've been wanting to do regardless, but if I can make a buck or two doing so then why da F not? I was hoping to get started with The Last of Us but I may have to put off my new PC and Capture card for a while still.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
You want to live stream LoL matches?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
ugh my wallet is weeping (still job hunting and I got a lot of expenses on the horizon) as I just signed up for 3 more months - about 36 sessions - of personal training at my gym. It's worth it, as this is really going to help me get into shape and I really enjoy the time I've been spending so far with my PT;
It's just that without money actually coming in, well yeah... 'nuff said. Hoping to get hired soon though as a new starbucks is opening and I also applied at few other local shops. Ultimately, I want to get on twitch/youtube etc. and try my hand at that, but that'll have to come later - as badly as I want my new PC, I'm more concerned with fixing my health and getting a job, even if it's only part time.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
I am four months into my change of lifestyle/diet/workout routine. I am down to a 35 waist (and had to order all new clothes for work) and under 200 lbs for the first time since freshman year of college. I have been going to the gym four times a week, playing golf twice a week, and putting in another couple of hours of practice each week as well. I haven't posted much in this thread, but it has been one of my driving factors (that and my wife) to exercise.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Well, I've really been enjoying the sessions so far (tomorrow is my last day with him unless I sign up for the plan he's got laid out for me) and I feel like he's been a tremendous help. Just wish the money wasn't such a big deal
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: