Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
^ ditto, that's why I try not to keep them in the house, except the odd bag of Tostitos for making nachos which really isn't all that bad of a thing if you think about it (especially if you use organic cornchips that aren't overly processed)
If I see any Doritos or Ruffles it's a struggle >_<
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Collapse
X
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Sweet tooth and junk tooth, god I love chips way too much for my own good.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
^_^ I love baking too!!!
And I have a bad sweet tooth, easily the hardest thing I struggle with ><
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
My boyfriend doesn't eat sweets (weirdo) and I like to bake so obviously this kind of sucks, but I think he might actually eat that if I made it. I should learn how to actually cook though, it would help in more ways than one.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
It's basically all fruit with some sliced almonds stuck to the frosting. Looks soooooooo good (friend posted it on FB a few min ago).
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
That does look kind of good actually.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
OK I know this is about health, and this is sorta healthy... or at least a healthier alternative to regular cake, minus the frosting:

I WANT TO TRY THIS SO BAD!!!! The only "bad" thing is the frosting!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Yeah it's really bad right now I was only on the stationary bike for about 15 minutes and I was winded like 3 minutes in. And that was supposed to be my warmup, before my stomach went all "nope" on me. I need to build up my stamina, I had no idea how bad it had gotten.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
That's what Cardio's for. My trainer says 15 min of jump rope will do far more for you than anything else. Biking is also a really great option.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Yeah my metabolism is pretty terrible right now. Working on that.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Hmm, I typically do my workouts after breakfast, so I have oatmeal, OJ, toast (ancient grain), a poached egg, my smoothie and if I got any some breakfast cookies and/or a bit of fruit. Primarily a lot of carbs, with a mix of fast and slow-burning so I get a bit of a spike but not too much and the protein from the egg helps make sure I don't burn through it too quickly. I find if I wait more than an hour though I *will* get tired halfway into my workout so I usually head out no more than an hour after finishing.
Granted I have a fast metabolism so that may account for a few things, and I usually hit the gym hard - I don't like doing lengthy sessions of any one activity but prefer to push myself as hard as I can in a short amount of time to get the most out of it.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do tonight. I'm usually starving when I get home from work because I'm actively trying to eat less (and work is not conducive to having several small meals per day, as is best for my metabolism), so I came home and ate almost right away. I'll eat something lighter tonight and try again.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
This is it... I eat 1-2 hours before the workout and it's just a snack. A ziplock bag of veggies dipped in ranch usually, or a small cup of soup. If I'm still hungry I'll eat some fruit. Heavy meals and work outs dont mix.Originally posted by Aksannyi View PostWell it was also a rather large meal.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for a change... ((Health stuff.))
Well it was also a rather large meal. Not like a snack or something light. So the combination of something heavy + not waiting long enough.
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: