Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

guys guys guys, Etra means GAY gay, not HOMOSEXUAL gay.

Totally different things.

Comment

Like gay as in happy? It's more likely for joyful, frolicking people to engage in group sex and/or open relationships? I could buy that.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
        Like gay as in happy? It's more likely for joyful, frolicking people to engage in group sex and/or open relationships? I could buy that. /sarcasm

Fixed.
        Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Well, considering you would have to be on some kind of party drugs to be happy enough to justify hauling out that definition of the word gay, it makes sense.

Comment

While yes, many gay men (I can't speak with any authority as to the relationships of gay women because I don't really know any) have relationships that are...non traditional, I think a fair amount of that stems from a couple of factors.

First, most gay men don't or didn't come out until early to mid adulthood. Which means that they missed out on years of formative dating and socializing, and wild oat sowing, etc. A newly out gay is basically like an 18 year old in terms of emotional maturity. Yes, there is some variance with that, but in my experience that's at least the general rule. Thankfully, as time goes by, gays are feeling more comfortable with being who they are earlier and earlier, and I'm encountering less 40 year olds who just realized they like dudes. That said, there are still plenty of guys who still need to figure out how to be a grown up in a relationship, and that's not going to change for a long time.

Second, gays still can't get married in most places. Now that's not to say that once they can that they won't fuck it up just as much as straight people do, but I dunno, for me, there's a big difference between dating someone and being married to them. As it stands, I can't even get engaged to the person I care about (not that I care about anyone presently, or have anyone who cares about me, because I am forever alone), but if I could, I guess I'd like to think that I'd treat that a bit differently than just dating someone. That said, I have had many monogamous long-term relationships. And I know many gay men who have as well. Again, I have no idea about the ladies. I also know plenty of gay men who have open relationships that allow them to have sex with but not date other people. And I know plenty of couples who only have sex with someone else when both are involved. While I know those situations won't work for me, because I am too easily hurt or whatever, they seem to be fine with it. And if they are, great.

That said, I still can't agree that it's most gays.

Comment

The first time I found out about Chipotle I loved it so much I ate two to three burritos at a time. I imagine that's what coming out of the closet is like. Now-a-days, I'm very faithful to a single burrito (until I eat it).

Comment

How did you eat three Chipotle burritos at once and not rupture your stomach?

Comment

Iron stomach.
                  Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

How did you eat three Chipotle burritos at once and not rupture your stomach?
                    Maybe the ruptures get patched with tortilla pieces.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_colon_erbitux1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1475022

Comment

There is nooothing to do at work today. The day is just dragging on. I got another hour until break. Damn these patrons. I wish people would get drunk enough to rage. Been sitting at the reception desk since 4. Phone has rang twice and it's going on 10 minutes of 8. Might ask to go home early if this keeps up.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                          The first time I found out about Chipotle I loved it so much I ate two to three burritos at a time. I imagine that's what coming out of the closet is like. Now-a-days, I'm very faithful to a single burrito (until I eat it).
                          Best example ever.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
                            There is nooothing to do at work today. The day is just dragging on. I got another hour until break. Damn these patrons. I wish people would get drunk enough to rage. Been sitting at the reception desk since 4. Phone has rang twice and it's going on 10 minutes of 8. Might ask to go home early if this keeps up.
                            I present this as exhibit A concerning the case of "One's boredom is another's bliss."

/portfolio
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I strangely feel like hurting Raydeus. But also in light of what you said on dating, you just need to find that special person. Like a girl version of yourself. Just not the foreveralone kind. Your starting to also remind me of Jun from Rozen Maiden. 3 hours then home to my love she might be up playing Mass Effect 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X