• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [GM]Dave's feelings on Manthras

It's ok. I still see the sarcasm.

Comment

Yeah the sarcasm was pretty obvious there.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I still have my Coleco Telstar....in the box even. I started saving my babysitting money when I was 13 to get one. The cords to attach to the tv were so damn short that you were sitting right in front of it within inches. LOL I love how they show people sitting on the couch playing....there was no way in hell you could do that! The print ad that Feba put up is exactly what it was like...the damn thing was right in front of the tv. All I heard from my mother was how I was going to go blind. I played that damn game for hours and hours at a time. Makes me wonder how nowadays. LOL Here's a TV commercial for it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdjE4Yywmpc]YouTube - COLECO TELSTAR PONG GAME[/ame]

EDIT: They can show girls giggling and playing video games in ads all they want back then but it just did not happen. We were raised to be mothers and wives, to love our clothes and makeup, to play with Barbie and pretend she was marrying Ken, blah blah blah and not to do male orientated things like video games. In fact, young ladies that did participate in such things were whispered about and nasty comments would fly.
        Last edited by TheGrandMom; 04-19-2008, 05:44 PM.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Brielle View Post
          Of course, the guild got larger and it became difficult to control raid members with text, so we decided to get a ventrilo server to use instead.

The story begins the first time I speak on the server, it was as if someone had opened a flood gate. The comments, the gifts sent to me, the offerings of help on a daily basis. It all became ridiculous, to the point where I stopped leading raids and muting my microphone because of the harassment.
          This.

This is why I never actually plug up my mic on LotRO when I'm in the Ettenmoors. So far as they know, I'm a dude. Playing yet another Warg. I have only ever heard two other female voices in all my time in the Ettens. And both spoke very little. I don't speak at all; I just do what I'm told. Scout? Okay. Kill that minstrel? Happy to.

I am here to eat hobbit faces. I am not here for you to go 'AWMIGAWED, U IZ GURL!' Seriously. While you're creaming yourself over the fact that a girl is in your raid, the fucking Freeps just took Tol Ascarnen. Good job.

I'm sure plenty of men wouldn't care. But some do. And I know, Feba, blacklist. But it's a hassle to even have to hear it for the three seconds it takes to realize it's BLACKLIST TIEMZ! And even if you blist, hell even if they get to the GM-reportable level, it still leaves you feeling odd. Wary, disgusted, and tends to kill my mood to play and I often end up just logging off, cutting whatever I was doing short.

I've been on the end of GM-reportable level sexual harassment on XI. And even if he hadn't quit before I reported him, and if the GM had gotten a hold of him, it still killed my attachment to the linkshell we were both in, and killed my drive to even play the game for well over a week.

And dirtyclown (yes, I know, you were being sarcastic and whatnot :p): It isn't insulting to me to be helped at all. I just always am wary of said help, afraid it's only being offered because I'm a female and not because said person really just wants to be friendly and helpful. I love helping others and being helped is great, but only if it's completely sincere and not gender-driven. It makes me feel bad for all the guy-chars out there who get less help because they aren't female.
          "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Well, Telera, you can't let assholes get you depressed like that. I mean, I've had people be pretty shitty to me online, I could log off and cry about it, but it's more entertaining (and better for me, as a person) to laugh at how pathetic they are.

Comment

Well, a real fact, though it sounds bad, is that the online gaming community is a community filled with shy, insecure, lonely, younger and older people. Some extremer than the others. We all know this right? We can't expect the most social kind of people here. Ofcourse there are tons of perfectly normal (hate to use that word in this post) and socially advanced people, but you can find the weirdest types of people online.

So it's not that strange.. For a lot of insecure or lonely young boys for example, it feels like a safe way to approach girls and they want to exploit this, some very badly. And so, when they hear a female voice in their ventrillo, they can easily fall for you.. It's true. Well, as female you have to deal with this somehow. There's not much to do about it. It doesn't mean you have to let yourself get harrassed. It's a good thing to stay nice and understanding, but if a player is annoying you, it's a logical thing to put them on your Black List etc.

Another thing is, if you're considered "special" to some of these less socialy advanced or insecure (etc.) people; for example for being a woman, you will draw attention a lot easier.. sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. Which means; if you're for example a woman, a critical comment or a kind gesture can affect some people much much more than you're used to. I've had multiple friends online that thought they were in love with me. I'm not saying that as some kind of show off, because the truth is, they weren't actually in love. They were, how to say it right.. "quickly affected" perhaps, because I made a few nice comments or so. Some of you might want to call this "pathetic," if that helps you understand what I mean. It's far from pathetic though. They were more than usual nice to me. Not really annoying either, or else I would put them on the Black List, it's not like we owe them kind words in return. However, I did simply give a short explaination to them that I don't share the same feelings. Some of them have lost interest in me completely, and some are still friends. (And some are on the Black List. )

That's why you're supposed (both men and women) to pick your online friends wisely, and just be aware of the people you may be surrounded in. If you don't get involved with people, it won't bother you as much if they're being stupid. No one is to say what kind of person you're chatting with.
              Last edited by Kittyneko; 04-19-2008, 06:31 PM.
              http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

thats soooo wrong.......
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I don't see a problem!

Comment

StarvingArtist just won.

Comment

Typical.

Comment

Yep thats pretty much what it was like. /sigh I broke the mould in my family of 4 girls. As you can imagine, I wasn't too popular with my mother. LOL
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Let me write that big post and then put a silly joke underneath it. D; lol

Comment

This reminds me of a discussion I had once with a group of friends at a pub. I was sitting there with my friend Anne and there were several other male friends sitting on the other side of the table. For whatever reason we began talking about what were previously viewed as male and female roles in a household. What came out of this was that women belong in the kitchen and that stilettos and a miniskirt are appropriate attire when cooking.

I know that I personally stand by these guidelines, because every other sane woman I know does!

Comment

I don't mind doing most of the typical household duties, as long as I don't get into put into a pattern of some sort or am expected to do them. I do them cause I'd want to do them.
                              However, I prefer the typical modern way of a relationship. It's all shared duties. In fact, in most young relationships there barely are any duties..
                              Much more interesting things to do.

Comment

It would have been wonderful to share household duties with my husband, but I found that he was so terrible with even trying to wipe off a mirror that I ended up just doing it all myself. Handing him the baby and going into "wife mode" seemed to be more efficient.

He was better at leading raids than me, though. I tried to do everything very diplomatically, always keep a happy tone and they listen...wrong. There were times I could have swore a drill sergeant came into the room, and everyone quickly went silent and did as they were told. It makes me miss gaming with someone now, hah.

Comment

Working...
                                X