Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
    I slightly disagree here. I would not say that humans are taint, I would say that humans can be misguided and given the wrong impression much of the time.

A somewhat interesting short story that has helped me to define for myself what is love would be Love, by Guy de Maupassant.
    Whatever floats your boat. I've personally never heard of aforementioned story.

It's funny, I have been, or at least think I was in love with someone, perhaps it was merely infatuation because what I felt for Jennifer is no where near what I am starting to feel for this other person, who shall remain nameless in case she and or family members read this board, and I have many hurdles to cross before I can tell her how I feel, yet I may have found true love where I was not looking for it. I feel for her what I have only felt for music, it feels like a part of my soul that was ripped away from me is back, and I feel complete. It goes deeper and is more complex than that, but that is the best that I can describe it and it is what I feel for her.
    First of all, you're a manthra, right? >_>

. . . Of course, I hope to not offend you if you weren't. O_o

As for what you've said, personally, if you can't tell the difference, a good self-examination is in order. How you self-examine yourself is entirely up to you, but you got to know when to have control over yourself, at least enough control to tell the difference between love and your horomones. Of course, I think I'm a bit of an odd case, in this matter. Let me explain my life's story a bit.

If you want to skip my life's story, then don't click this.

Because my experiences are unique in this matter, I can't really give good advice, other than a thorough (sp?) self-examination.

And after getting called away from the computer for a bloody hour and a half while I'm trying to write I've forgotten where I was going with the above paragraph >.< I'm sure it would have been an inspiring life changing message for people though
    Meh, stuff happens. All I can say about that.

I think I was going to say that I don't know Yellow Mage. I know you can feel very strongly for someone, but is that really love? I don't know. I do know that what I am I starting to feel for this particular person is something I have never felt for any other person I have ever met though.
    I say, go for it. After the self-examination, if you feel that you want to stay with her until the bitter end for reasons beyond sex (yes, they have to be beyond sex), then, yes, definately go for it.

------------------------------------------

Woohoo! C'mon double post!
    I tried to do that once, and failed miserable because Taskmage got in before me. ._.

Interesting link to Pascal's Wager, but I disagree with it. I could be completely wrong, but it is my belief that whether or not you believe in God, so long as you lead a decent life you won't nessacerily be damned for all eternity. I also think just what IS Hell is debatable from what I hear most people say it is, but that's for another thread.
    Again, whatever floats your boat. I'm not here to convince everybody to think the same way I do: the world would be all too interesting for a while, and then not at all. Kinda dangerous, don't you think .

But, I disgress. I absolutely love discussing theology, though, so, on with the response.

Pascal's Wager is merely the logic I've used in the past; think of it as a supplement to my faith. By that logic, and this is going out on a limb a bit, but what you say may have a grain of truth; however, if a man goes up and outright denies God from his life, I would think he'd be in trouble come eternity.

As for what Hell is, I personally belive in personal Hells. An example:

8-Bit Example

I find it slightly ironic, though, as I imagine my Hell would be the stereotypical pit of fire and brimstone: you know, one of the few places worse than the humid pit I'm living at now. Let me put it this way: I love cold weather, which is non-existant here. All that's left is for the ocean to be made of blood, and a few more minor morbid details, and you'd essentially have my Hell.

But, in a nutshell, that is the problem with Democracy, it's not a perfect system but is there really a better system out there?

. . .

The laws aren't there IMO to keep people from screwing up, it's to keep the sexual predators away from the kids.

Good lord, there was one man I know that I simply loathed, words cannot express how much I detested this man with every fiber of my being. Quite frankly, for him the younger and more scared he could get the better and nothing mattered so long as it was female.

It is from that kind of people that these laws SHOULD be in place. I think the issue could be open to debate assuming mutual consent and the younger person being mature, not to put to fine a finger on it, I have met VERY few women who are mature at 25, most of the ones I have met are out shopping, partying until 3am, and racking up debt without a care because their husband will take care of them, when they choose to settle down eventually and start looking at us *nice men you bring home to meet your folks* with interest vs disdain.

Ok, time to get off my chocobo
    No, get back on your chocobo: I think you've gotten the point behind this entire thread.

. . . Not to mention back-up the fact that people, while maybe not necessarily "taint," at least can be corrupt sickos.
    Last edited by Yellow Mage; 10-02-2007, 02:52 PM. Reason: Fixed the 8-Bit Example >_>
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Pascal's Wager is merely the logic I've used in the past; think of it as a supplement to my faith. By that logic, and this is going out on a limb a bit, but what you say may have a grain of truth; however, if a man goes up and outright denies God from his life, I would think he'd be in trouble come eternity.
      But - using Vyuru's proposition and assuming that this person, which has just died, lived according to "God's word/God's will" or whatever else you want to call it - it would be contradictory to say that the person has denied God from his life. He would be accepting God with his actions, unknowingly.

Besides, one can only deny an idea of "God." Perhaps this person was brought up in a certain religion that was too zealous and inflexible in their beliefs, and he got fed up with the idea of God that this religion was portraying.

Comment

if a man goes up and outright denies God from his life, I would think he'd be in trouble come eternity.
        And yet, by believing in God, you're denying hundreds, thousands, possibly even millions of other religions. So even if you accept any given religion, what's the chances you are right?

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
          IMO, one of the main reasons parents and churches want to interfere with sex is that a lover becomes a rival, taking up time and attention that could have gone to the parents/church and weakening their influence over that person.
          Hmm. You seemed to have skip over the possibility that parents may believe (rightly) that given their greater experience in life, children should listen and obey their wishes because the parents want what's best for their children. If that includes "You shouldn't be having sex at this age," so be it.

In the past, when marriages were used to cement alliances between clans/tribes/nations, you can argue parents want to preserve girls virginity for their own ends. These days, though, it really isn't true for much of NA or EU. Or even East Asia, for that matter.

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
          the church can become a lifelong captor for some people, preventing them from finding real love and substituting the imagined love of a made-up supernatural being.
          lol. I've seen this, but to say it so flat out is both funny and probably insulting to people who are religious.

Then again, I can understand some people may have emotional scars so deep, that they can truly prefer a life of pure, isolated meditation/prayer over the shallow, ordinary world of dust and colors we live in.

Whether good or bad, it is an extraordinary feat, to will pain out of one's existence.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Exactly. Regardless of whether you believe in Jesus, Mohammed or Odin, Cthulhu will still eat you just the same.
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              But - using Vyuru's proposition and assuming that this person, which has just died, lived according to "God's word/God's will" or whatever else you want to call it - it would be contradictory to say that the person has denied God from his life. He would be accepting God with his actions, unknowingly.

Besides, one can only deny an idea of "God." Perhaps this person was brought up in a certain religion that was too zealous and inflexible in their beliefs, and he got fed up with the idea of God that this religion was portraying.
              Originally posted by Feba View Post
              And yet, by believing in God, you're denying hundreds, thousands, possibly even millions of other religions. So even if you accept any given religion, what's the chances you are right?
              I'm not necessarily saying that my way was right and everybody else's was wrong (to be perfectly honest, I was flat out avoiding saying it). That is where one's faith really comes in.

In the end, none of us are God, so none of us are certain of anything until eternity comes. You can only belive in what you belive in, and we just have to live our live in the best way we can in our own way.
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                In the end, none of us are God
                I disagree. I think all of us are God.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

If we were all god, that would make this the afterlife then, huh?

Comment

First of all, you're a manthra, right? >_>
                    100% all natural manthra and proud of it

As for what you've said, personally, if you can't tell the difference, a good self-examination is in order. How you self-examine yourself is entirely up to you, but you got to know when to have control over yourself, at least enough control to tell the difference between love and your horomones. Of course, I think I'm a bit of an odd case, in this matter. Let me explain my life's story a bit.
                    Perhaps I used the word infatuation the wrong way, when I think of infatuation, I think more of, perhaps puppy love would be a better word for it. It might be love, but it is not what you talk about when you speak of true love.

I know the difference between lust and love, I'm wondering more what is the difference between love and true love. In a way, I know, in another way, I don't know because I have not felt this way about a person before.

I say, go for it. After the self-examination, if you feel that you want to stay with her until the bitter end for reasons beyond sex (yes, they have to be beyond sex), then, yes, definately go for it.
                    In all honesty, I think I already know I do. I really have to get to know her better before I can say anything definite though, but there is also something inside of me is telling me I should. Whatever the destination, it will be interesting to see where it leads.

however, if a man goes up and outright denies God from his life, I would think he'd be in trouble come eternity.
                    It would be my thought that this man would have to know that there is a God and believe in him to do this. I think that such a man would be in trouble.

However if for instance you do not know if there is a God, and no amount of soul searching or seeking help/guidance can help you on the matter, I think it doesn't matter so long as you live a decent life. My personal belief anyway.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                      If we were all god, that would make this the afterlife then, huh?
                      No, you're thinking more along the lines of if everyone was Mod.
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I think you missed the comment there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                          100% all natural manthra and proud of it
                          I don't like pride. >_>

Perhaps I used the word infatuation the wrong way, when I think of infatuation, I think more of, perhaps puppy love would be a better word for it. It might be love, but it is not what you talk about when you speak of true love.

I know the difference between lust and love, I'm wondering more what is the difference between love and true love. In a way, I know, in another way, I don't know because I have not felt this way about a person before.
                          If you had read my situation, you would know that I am entirely unable to help with that.

In all honesty, I think I already know I do. I really have to get to know her better before I can say anything definite though, but there is also something inside of me is telling me I should. Whatever the destination, it will be interesting to see where it leads.
                          Go for it, then!

It would be my thought that this man would have to know that there is a God and believe in him to do this. I think that such a man would be in trouble.

However if for instance you do not know if there is a God, and no amount of soul searching or seeking help/guidance can help you on the matter, I think it doesn't matter so long as you live a decent life. My personal belief anyway.
                          On this specific situation, I think we can agree .
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

I don't like pride. >_>
                            Not to be an ass or anything but I'm pretty sure the deadly sin isn't the meaning of "being proud" that he meant to communicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                              Not to be an ass or anything but I'm pretty sure the deadly sin isn't the meaning of "being proud" that he meant to communicate.
                              All pride's the same to me. But, I'm probably being the obnoxious one here.
                              Last edited by Yellow Mage; 10-03-2007, 02:39 PM.
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

There's something wrong with being proud? I think you're looking for a different word, or you're going by a different meaning. Being boistorous or cocky is taking pride too far, and I'd agree with you there.

Comment

Working...
                                X