Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    You don't vote for a king.
    A watery tart hurling a sword at you is no basis for a system of government.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

I don't think anyone is asking for a straight up, full fledge strategy for killing this guy, they just want to know the trick to it
      Asking for the "trick to it" is asking how to beat it. You're basically asking where the Glass Jaw is here, the lynchpin, the Achillis' Heel.

"Be sure to aim at his weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE."

Comment

I don't think they should tell you how to beat that thing, like I said I think it was dumb of them to even release that video. That's strategy, not technical information.
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Wow this thread got confusing as fuck in a hurry. And now I want tacos.
          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Or perhaps we should all charge AV with herrings in hand.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Edit
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
                style.org > Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                  Wow this thread got confusing as fuck in a hurry. And now I want tacos.
                  Advice: don't waste your time reading Feba's arguments, he's always right, the endings to his scenes are always the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                    my second paragraph mentions AV, the first one does not,
                    Which is completely irrelevant.

No apparently you did not,
                    I gave a pretty obvious example. Making vague threats that aren't even relevant to what's said only reinforce my point.

Unchecked bitterness.
                    Keep it civil. If nothing else, you're only hurting your side of the argument.

Comment

My perspective: I don't want to be told how to win a fight. I don't want S-E to come say "And the secret is!" [See 'bbq's above post]

That said, there's a line that must be drawn. As TM detailed, they created artificial difficulty by making the fight silly in its estimated length.

I don't give a shit how hard a battle is, in this instance. You cannot put that "please remember your family, your friends, your school or your work" message before logging in to fight an 18 hour fight.

---

Really, had they out and said 2 years ago "The fight is estimated to take 18 hours", we wouldn't be begging for hints on how to kill him nor would they be making videos showing how full of fail their development cycle was.

No one would care. We wouldn't have this conversation because even the people who want the challenge of fighting for 18 hours would be saying "18 hours to get one LS leader's Ninurta's sash just isn't worth this BS." You really think an LS would do this every weekend? Think everyone in the shell's gonna get their loot?

This mob would not be good for an LS's health.
                      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

18 hour fight does not mean "the same person must stand there fighting for 18 hours".

Heck, with as bizarre as SE gets, it might not even mean 18 uninterrupted hours.

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                        Think everyone in the shell's gonna get their loot?
                        hi, welcome to every form of end game ever. I see you've already uncovered the root cause of most drama!

Comment

Advice: don't waste your time reading Feba's arguments, he's always right, the endings to his scenes are always the same.
                          Put him on ignore, it really cuts down the white noise on the forums when you're trying to read threads. Let's face it, is there any other setting where you would you even consider wasting time on an argumentative, morbidly obese teenager with a chip on his shoulder whose life revolves around forums for a game he hasn't played in over a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                            Which is completely irrelevant.

I gave a pretty obvious example. Making vague threats that aren't even relevant to what's said only reinforce my point.

Keep it civil. If nothing else, you're only hurting your side of the argument.
                            It's impossible (correction: almost impossible) to keep it civil with you, though I think I've managed to, if anything I'm treating you the way you're treating me, I don't remember starting any post here quoting you before you started quoting me. I don't care what examples you gave, and what makes you think I'm expecting any kind of approval from you about anything I say? Your opinion counts very little as you hardly contribute anything mildly useful and your "point" isn't what we're discussing here.

Hopefully you get the message now, I don't feel like deleting posts.
                            Last edited by Balfree; 07-28-2008, 11:42 PM.

Comment

SE's tendancy to make things too lengthy is really the only thing I see worth taking issue with in regards to AV at this point.

I mean, really, if you're looking at "18 hours to beat" and that does not phase you and you still want to know the "trick to it" then I probably know just how unemployed you are.

I could complain about Dynamis relic system again, but its seems as though that's getting a kick in the pants somewhat soon. Still with the entry fee the way it was, it forced certain behaviors on the event and increased the length of getting a relic artificially.

The HNM situation is similar, I just don't see the point in sitting around up to 3 hours competing against claimbots. The increase of LSes at endgame led to more people botting for claim, not less. And to go from camping one to another at times is just morally depraved. Some people see this as "fun" and I sure don't.

Tacking on more time doesn't make anything more challenging, it just artifically extends the existing difficulty. They could go make some things harder for all I care, just don't make them retardedly long ventures.

Comment

This battle looks more like a huge event involving many people rather than just another battle, if the 18hour claim is true then I doubt SE expects you to do it on one sitting, it sounds like they expect people to do it in groups, one group goes in, fights for 2 hours or so, and another one replaces them after that, coming back tomorrow to check on things.

SE is thinking out of the box IMO but the players refuse to do so.

I actually dig the idea if this is the case, I doubt most linkshells are prepared to do something like that though, but its just another example of how SE pushes the boundaries.

One thing that was discussed on that video was the hours of the ingame day people were fighting on, and much confusion arised from that, but I wonder if that wasn't just SE trying to tell us that its better to fight it across multiple RL days other than treating it like other HNMs.

Too bad the rewards don't seem worth it though (arguably, but *glee* at Ninurta's Sash) , and I'd hate to be the guy that decides who gets what.

Comment

Working...
                                X