Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

The fact there's an artificial restriction placed on it by S-E which ensures it takes ridiculously longer to master the encounter doesn't detract from the fact 18 hours is a fucking insane amount of time to sit at a computer, it's simply not healthy. And, if the timer was reduced to every one or two days you'd still get whole linkshells of people ready and willing to attempt it every moment they could.

Comment

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

It appears that on the FFXI official site's "Community Sites" page, DiV is no longer listed as a premier site...

Comment

Originally posted by Rianon View Post
        It appears that on the FFXI official site's "Community Sites" page, DiV is no longer listed as a premier site...
        Thank you, Rianon, it is nice to see something not related to AV. Your surprisingly on-topic post is refreshing.

Which brings me to my next point, who are we to blame for this?
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Canada?
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Rianon View Post
            Well, obviously the likes of Warcry, FFXI Vault, and FFXI Stratics must have many more posters and players than DiV! Either that, or the site operators respond to e-mail from S-E in a more timely manner or something.

Maybe S-E just prefers to deal with professionals--even if the professionals put up ads to competing MMORPGs all over their FFXI portals. >_>
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

From what I read on FFXIwiki, DiV was invited, but didn't respond to the invitation. It was also noted that DiV was the only Premier Site that was not in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonastb View Post
                From what I read on FFXIwiki, DiV was invited, but didn't respond to the invitation. It was also noted that DiV was the only Premier Site that was not in attendance.
                FFXIclopedia • View topic - Premiere Site Summit 2008

I noted this too, and am concerned.
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

Thanks YM, I am at work and couldn't get to Wiki for link.

There is actually a lot of good info in there. I like the last group of storyline questions the best. Kind of nice to hear about some of the things going on that aren't mainstream.

Comment

So, what exactly is a Premier site btw?

Is there some kind of requirement other than replying to SE's mails and assisting to their events? Because if it's just that then the site admins probably don't fulfill the requirements even though the site has a good traffic volume. /shrug
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

• Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                      Is there some kind of requirement other than replying to SE's mails and assisting to their events? Because if it's just that then the site admins probably don't fulfill the requirements even though the site has a good traffic volume. /shrug
                      I'm pretty sure that's just it. Which means someone on top . . . is being lazy!

<insert dramatic prairie dog here>
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

• Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                        Which brings me to my next point, who are we to blame for this?

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        PiNG and AKosygin apologize for missing the event. Of course, their real lives take precedent over such things and they were quite busy at the time. They are currently discussing solutions to the issue.
                        Let's remember that DiV is the admins hobby and not their job. They are currently having a very busy agenda irl and haven't had time to administer to the site. They are aware of your concerns and will try to figure something out for the future I'm sure.
                        Last edited by TheGrandMom; 07-29-2008, 12:40 PM.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Obviously what they need to do is have SE hire them assistants so they would have more time to pander to SE.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                            Let's remember that DiV is the admins hobby and not their job. They are currently having a very busy agenda irl and haven't had time to administer to the site. They are aware of your concerns and will try to figure something out for the future I'm sure.
                            I'm aware of this, but by leaving out my prairie dog comment you thusly took my quote out of context: it was a joke.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Didn't they say earlier in this very thread that the two people who were invited to this were both busy IRL?
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                                I'm aware of this, but by leaving out my prairie dog comment you thusly took my quote out of context: it was a joke.
                                There was more than one comment about it, I quoted the last comment made. But I edited my post to a non-joke quote just so you aren't taken "out of context".
                                Originally posted by Feba
                                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                                Originally posted by DakAttack
                                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X