X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFXIOnline.com 2006 E3 SquareEnix news report

Hello,

This thread is for the 2006 E3 coming up. Any moderators or admins may post their findings here. Discussion is held elsewhere in the "General FFXI Discussion" section.

(I will be going on Friday, so any news from me specifically may be late.)
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Re: The Next-Gen War Continues! (Next-Gen/E3 News? Post it here!)

Originally posted by kuu

I hadn't heard if there was a wired version of ps3 controller?

My 360 has yet to turn up a decent RPG.
      Well I was watching the full Sony press conference but at the same time I was on the phone with my JP friend (dang time difference, it was 3 am for pete's sake!) and he was quite animated about all the Sony info and he said that the controllers were wired not wireless. Since it was so late/early (depends on how you look at it), I didn't take the time to rewatch the press conference till a few minutes ago. It was slightly misleading if you weren't paying attention because they did use wired ones until a brief demonstration with a wireless one so I can see where he was confused. They pick up a wireless version and say "this one is actually operating as the controller should operate as wireless." so I'm assuming he's incorrect and you do get a wireless........at least I hope so.

Oblivion is by far one of the best RPG's made. It might not be your cup of tea but reviews and sales don't lie.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Re: OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD: 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) discussions

Thanks for the post! And lets hope it remains clean, Any way onto my 1st question.
        Given my limited web access here at work... what has been announced FFXIish for E3? I know we will see FF12 13 etc etc, but specifically FFXI... what will be shown? New updates, future plans etc?

Thanks in advance,
        DH

Comment

I wasn't aware that FFXI was going to be at E3 until I saw this thread.

My guess is that they will announce new stuff they want to put in it...
          And...probably show off(I call it advertise) the new 360 version.

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
          ====================

Comment

Once I get home, ill find any good info and post it here, it is hasnt been already!!

Comment

Gamespot is doing a daily broadcast of the conference. you can check the schedule and watch them here http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html
              It was Nintendo's this morning. Nothing more in the afternoon it seems.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I am pretty sure they will cover the following FFXI related topics:

1. Job balance adjustments (so far only paladin and whm have been "fixed"
                2. Merit system upgrade
                3. Chocobo breeding
                4. Chocobo racing and circuit details
                5. New ToaU missions

Any comments?

Comment

Oblivion does definately rock. One of the few games that I've found to be really good on 360. That and the new Ghost Recon.

Anyway. Yeah, I guess I'll be calling Gamestop in the morning to make sure they're taking reservations now, then head on up and put some money down on it. HDMI output alone is the reason I'll be spending the extra hundred bucks. Everything else is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Hell, I bought a new receiver just to get the extra HDMI ports. FFXIII looks great and I think everyone here knows I'm looking forward to checking out BD myself. /drool
                  Have to wait until I get home to watch the videos of this new controller system. Anyone wanna give a try to explain it to me real quick?
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I'm still on edge about these updates....I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO MY SMN AND BRM!!! >_<
                    Kametame
                    Server: Lakshmi

75 BLM | 75 SMN | 37 WHM

Summoning Skill 262/269 (ZOMG! 7 to go!)

w/Equips and Merits 304/269

Comment

What exactly is the "Merit System"???

I wish they'd incorporate 360 Awards...
                      =(

====================

Comment

Originally posted by Serryl
                        What exactly is the "Merit System"???

I wish they'd incorporate 360 Awards...
                        =(
                        It's for players who reach Max 75, they have the choice to use the points towards attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kametame
                          I'm still on edge about these updates....I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO MY SMN AND BRM!!! >_<
                          Bread Mage?

Comment

Ah, yes.
                            The eternally forgotten class of Bread Mage.

====================

Comment

Watched the vid of Zelda with the new controller and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! But I felt bad for my husband because he loves his Zelda but I don't know if he'll be able to master that controller! Then they said they were releasing one for the GC too and all was well with the world! LOL
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Good god. Six hundred dollars. Let's not mince words here, the five hundred dollar one is castrated to say the least, perhaps even moreso than the Xbox 'Core' system. I'm a big fan of Kojima and Konami, and to some extent Square (I hope they don't go back on the innovations of XII with XIII, but it looks like they will), but that's more than half my monthly salary, and being in the military, that ain't much. Sorry Sony, you just priced yourself out of my price range for the next several years.

Also, to steal an image macro from another forum I frequent:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X