X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Next-Gen War Continues!

Just like the controller

Everybody hated it at first, but a lot more people will quickly realize the reasoning behind it.

I think it's a great name that perfectly portrays how different Wii is.

It'll still take me a while to get used to saying it though. ⌐_⌐
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Yea i heard about the Wii on my moms internet crossword puzzel ... they called the Revolution a "Codename"
      = Keza

Comment

That was fast XD

IGN PS3 has posted high-res screenshots of Ridge Racer 7. They can be found here.

Perhaps the PS3 Online Service will indeed be called "PlayStation HUB"?

Namco will be showing the game in action at E3, and because it's a launch title (for Japan, at least), it should be there in playable form.
        Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Nice!
          = Keza

Comment

Absolutely stunning but I'm skeptical. With so many companies "doctoring" images, it just makes me wonder. Are the track shots CG or in game footage? I need to see a trailer of the game being played before I get myself too excited. I always keep my expectations low and if they hit low then I'm not disappointed but if they exceed them, then I'm one happy camper!
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

If I recall correctly, Famitsu said that these were in-game screenshots. I honestly doubt Sony would still be trying to show off prerendered artwork this late in the game, especially with the launch title expected to be playable in just two weeks.

It's a hard call, though. Ridge Racer games always make use of a lot of special effects to give the game that speedy arcade-style feel, but I'm pretty certain that the gameplay screenshots are real and Famitsu did say that the HUB screenshot was from the actual in-development interface for Ridge Racer 7. And honestly, when you look at how good Ridge Racer 6 looked as an Xbox 360 launch title, these don't seem so far off, considering RR7 is a launch title for a newer and arguably more powerful console.
              Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Was looking at the PS3 info on gamestop's webpage. It says it has 2x HDMI outputs. Why? What's the 2nd output for? Seems kinda odd to 2 of the same output.
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Dual outputs to two HDMI compatable screens.

Hence, putting one image on 2 screens for something like a 32:9 display. . .

Sony is fucking crazy, like people can even afford ONE HD Television -.- At least I can buy two low-end ones (like the ones the size of current computer models) and have a decent experience with it all

At the very least, they are making expandability possible. The PS2 suffered from both lack of foresight in some areas and oversight in others (HDD slot was there from launch, recall, but was not utilized quickly enough. I hate XB supporters saying Sony ripped Microsoft when Sony had plans in mind for an HDD since like 99. . . .) (An area they were lacking in was the drastically low amount of system resources they gave developers and making the PS2 a bitch to code.)

It seems they are trying to redo everything from the ground up and make expandability a non-issue;
                  -wide variety of memory inputs
                  -upgradable HDD
                  -2 HDMI slots if it so calls for
                  -Linux
                  -Extensively powerful chipset

Heard about the new cards to be used in games? The ones that are dedicated for physics? This can easily be adapted on the PS3, but the 360 will suffer badly from a lack of this in 3-4 years. I'll post the site when I find it. It really makes a difference in the immersion games give us.
                  The Tao of Ren
                  FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                  Originally posted by Kaeko
                  As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Yes, looking to the future is a major part of Sony's strategy with the PS3. That is why most people expect the next Xbox console by the end of 2009, while some actually believe what Sony claims: that they plan on giving the PS3 a 10-year life span. It's the same reason that the PS3 is capable of outputting games in 1080p resolution, even though 1080p TVs seem to be much more expensive than two 1080i or 720p HDTVs for the 32:9 display. In a few years, they'll be available, and the PS3 will be the only console to support them. The Xbox 360 completely lacks an HDMI port, and I won't even go there about Wii. We all know he's crazy, but Ken Kutaragi has claimed that he believes we may see some games in 120 FPS, but that again is just like the rest of the PS3's capabilities. It's not widely available now, but will be in a few years, and I think that is the single greatest improvement on Sony's console in this generation compared to the PS2, which was far behind its time when it launched.
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

32:9 for one game? Holy crap. Thats a little excessive. So are you saying a tv with 32:9 capabilites would need 2 HDMI inputs? or you'd haveto have two 16:9 televisions, each showing one side of the view?

Comment

I don't even know if they make TVs with 32:9 capabilities, at least not for commercial use. You would need two TVs of the same size and resolution to make use of the function, I'd presume. Sony demoed it last year at E3. The picture is split in half.
                        Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

I've been randomly looking at tv's, projectors, and such and haven't seen anything with 32:9 aspect ration. Only saw a couple that could pull off 1080p, and they were 10k minimum. Also, I only know of one receiver that will put out 1080p, and thats Denon's 5800 series (or rather it will whenever they come out with the newest model of it.) Its supposed to jump up to 7k when they do. It gonna take a lot of money to come up with equipment that can take advanatage of everything the ps3 says it will offer. I'm looking forward to see it in action.

Comment

32:9= two 16:9 TVs next to each other, as PaiPai said.
                            The Tao of Ren
                            FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                            Originally posted by Kaeko
                            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
                              32:9= two 16:9 TVs next to each other, as PaiPai said.
                              Yeah, I got that. Just confirming that unless you're looking on some obscure website at 200k dollar tv's, that there aren't any 32:9 aspect ration tv's for sale to the everyday consumer.
                              Not to mention, two 16:9's just seems a little ridiculous. You've got a big gap b/w the two screens, and for some reason have to have two widescreen televisions of the same size and height right next to eachother.

Comment

Call of Duty 3 has been confirmed for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii. Couldn't wait a little long, Activision?

There's also some new advertisements invading the LACC area, leading up to E3's big kickoff tomorrow at 4 PM PST. Yeah, it's all Sony.

Hideo Kojima has confirmed that a new Metal Gear game is in development for PSP. The game is not Metal Gear Ac!d 3. Instead, it will star Big Boss, and have a strong connection to Metal Gear Solid 4. (Ockman, you're gonna be pissed you sold your PSP). No confirmation yet if this is being directed by Kojima. Source -- The Magic Box

SEGA has also revealed a new PSP title, Sonic Rivals. According to the press release, the game is all about old-school style speed and platforming. Head-to-head play via WiFi is a big focus on the game. There will be four playable characters, but so far only Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Knuckles the Echidna have been confirmed.

SEGA also confirmed that Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be their main title at E3.

Sony Computer Entertainment America kicks off E3 2006 tomorrow at 4 PM PDT!
                                Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 05-07-2006, 07:29 PM.
                                Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Working...
                                X