No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

She doesn't die in the first series. She's passed on by Korra's time, but it hasn't been revealed how or if that's important.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Which I find odd. Aren't Earthbenders long lived? I know we really only have a N of 2 (Bumi and Kyoshi), but I feel that out of the whole original Team Avatar, Toph would still be alive. Instead Katara and Zuko are the only ones left (at least I think Zuko is, I feel like they mentioned he just stepped down as Fire Lord and his daughter took over).

EDIT: yeah, Zuko stepped down 3 years prior to the start of Korra.
      sigpic
      Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I think Bumi is just epic and most Avatars live well into their old age. That's just me though.

Comment

And Aang would have still been alive as well (though that would have meant no Korra), but apparently his time in the ice shortened his lifespan or something.

Comment

Someone told me the thing about the ice too. Don't know where they got it from though.

Comment

Is it verified that Toph is actually dead, like from the creators or some official source? I thought Zuko was dead pretty much until the end of the season given that Katara implied that all of her friends along with Sokka and Aang had passed away.

Comment

Katara said "My brother, and many of my friends are gone." It's impossible to know how many are left alive just from what she said, but I would think Toph would've gotten involved in the fight against the Equalists if she were still alive. Hell, the very notion of retiring is so very un-Toph.

Comment

I haven't seen anything official about Toph being dead. And I can't seem to find anything official about the iceberg thing, but it's on the Avatar wiki, so I dunno. I'm not sure where that fact or rumor started.

Comment

The iceberg thing was from the creators. Toph was mentioned by someone before the series started, but with the addition of books 3 and 4, that could be retconned.

More info about Book 2. Kya will have a role. She is a master healer like her mother and is a bit of a hippie. Korra's cousins, one is male the other is female. Yay for androgynousness. There will be some background story on Korra's family (though this seems obvious with all the new character reveals). Korra's mastery of the Avatar state was shown at Comic-con where she used it to cheat in a air scooter race with Jinora, Ikki and Meelo, though this pissed off Tenzen more than the kids.

And here is that video

sigpic
                    Y'okay!

Comment

• Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Grey DeLisle will be returning to the world of Avatar. She will be voicing a character named "The Dark Spirit". I can get behind her being a villain again.

Tarutaru source

https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/stat...33218586456065
                      sigpic
                      Y'okay!

Comment

Man, Bolin can't catch a break.

Comment

The avatar state is not to be used as a booster rocket!
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                          X