Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(THIS IS OLDE!) New Synthesis Recipes and Equipment (10/12/06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Synthesis Recipes and Equipment (10/12/06)

Blah, more AoE food? Nobody is going to use that crap as long as the stats are inferior to self-only food. Not that the cooking guild is languishing for new recipes or anything, but if they're going to give us something they could at least make it something worthwhile.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Am I the only one worried about what this :

Also, culinarians will soon be able to make the new item "angler stewpot," which will affect all party members within a certain radius.

Implies? I mean the only foods I've ever seen that have AoE effects aren't very nice, and that AoE effect sounds fishy (or might smell like rotten fishy).

Seriously though, I'm gonna wait till I see the stats and how complicated it is to get the new gear before feeling excited about it. If it's only for looks I rather do some dat swapping really.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

What i really want to see is some decent DRG gear, on par with Hauby (and please dont even mention SH) and some of the other nicer pieces of gear that DRK/WAR/SAM have access to
        Never fear Death... simply become it...
        http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
        Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
        All our times have come
        Here but now they're gone
        Seasons don't fear the reaper
        Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
        Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
        Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
        We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
        Baby I'm your man...

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
          Blah, more AoE food? Nobody is going to use that crap as long as the stats are inferior to self-only food. Not that the cooking guild is languishing for new recipes or anything, but if they're going to give us something they could at least make it something worthwhile.
          Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
          Am I the only one worried about what this :
          Also, culinarians will soon be able to make the new item "angler stewpot," which will affect all party members within a certain radius.

Implies? I mean the only foods I've ever seen that have AoE effects aren't very nice, and that AoE effect sounds fishy (or might smell like rotten fishy).
          Seriously though, I'm gonna wait till I see the stats and how complicated it is to get the new gear before feeling excited about it. If it's only for looks I rather do some dat swapping really.
          Stewpot is one of the traditional Japanese foods, mostly eaten during the winter season. There are many different kinds, and some of them are regional specialties that they are famous for, such as Kiritanpo of Akita.

In Japanese page, they have additional sentence saying "as the winter nears." For us, Japanese, winter means stewpot, and stewpot means winter, as much as Thanksgiving means turkey and turkey means Thanksgiving for people in US. It seems that this is mostly the reason why they're adding the new stewpot, and to us, its stat doesn't really matter then.

Comment

I think the concept of AoE food is rather silly. The only time what I eat effects other people is when I eat beans, and that is never positive.
            Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
            I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

lol Haggai

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I guess the question that needs to be asked is; what's the point of AoE food? If the effects suck, then only sentimental Japanese players will bother. If it's good enough that its useful for every job, it'll dominate the market and make demand for all other foods go down.

Icemage

Comment

Lmao Haggai :-P

If that galka is indeed a SAM (almost 100% sure?), and considering the SAM changes.. I wonder what that piece of gear will add to SAM...

My crystal ball foresees a new tank.

._.

If SAMs wore defensive gear, together with the update thats coming.. i wonder ._.
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

AOE refresh food anyone?

Comment

Unless AoE food stacks with self-targeted food, otherwise it just sux...
                      Server: Quetzalcoatl
                      Race: Hume Rank 7
                      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by bside View Post
                        Stewpot is one of the traditional Japanese foods, mostly eaten during the winter season. There are many different kinds, and some of them are regional specialties that they are famous for, such as Kiritanpo of Akita.

In Japanese page, they have additional sentence saying "as the winter nears." For us, Japanese, winter means stewpot, and stewpot means winter, as much as Thanksgiving means turkey and turkey means Thanksgiving for people in US. It seems that this is mostly the reason why they're adding the new stewpot, and to us, its stat doesn't really matter then.
                        I'd rather have Curry with rice, but I guess that's not very winter-ish eh?

Edit >

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                        I guess the question that needs to be asked is; what's the point of AoE food? If the effects suck, then only sentimental Japanese players will bother. If it's good enough that its useful for every job, it'll dominate the market and make demand for all other foods go down.

It would be nice in the same way Fireworks are, sometimes you just wanna hang out with your friends and just pop fireworks and drinks and have a virtual party. It's really fun and also a nice break from the fighting.

But I guess not many players do that huh?
                        Last edited by Raydeus; 10-12-2006, 08:16 AM.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

If that Galka were a Samurai wouldn't he be holding his GKT with both hands?
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                            Icemage
                            And I go to McDonalds at least twice a week lol

Granted, I do understand the "spirit" of having those stewpots in ffxi, but honestly, I never bothered eating one. I miss that 30,000 guild points that I spent to make one stewpot and never used ever since.

Hopefully, that angler stewpot will be a good one to be worthwhile...

And neighbortaru, where's that BLEACH avatar? I liked that one...

That rabbit is indeed cute tho

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                              If that Galka were a Samurai wouldn't he be holding his GKT with both hands?
                              Yeah thats what I thought at first too. But I do remember that they let go of one hand on one swinging stance. That might be it.
                              Also Ninjas hold katanas the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggai View Post
                                I think the concept of AoE food is rather silly.
                                I believe the concept here is kinda like...you break out the whole stewpot...and share it with anyone in your party that wants it(see: in range). It makes sense, and yea though...it kinda sucks, I think it'd be a fun thing to use randomly with people...just throw a food effect on them when they're nearby, lol >_> And maybe it'll be something good this time, as opposed to all the other crap :x We'll see....and woot new gear! I'm assuming this new gear is from maybe some new assault? Or the new ranks? Or hopefully just some other way to get it.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X