Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(THIS IS OLDE!) New Synthesis Recipes and Equipment (10/12/06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Synthesis Recipes and Equipment (10/12/06)

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    If that Galka were a Samurai wouldn't he be holding his GKT with both hands?
    I believe some Great Katana WS the SAM at some point in the WS is using 1 hand. like Tachi: Kasha
    Sergeant Major
    75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
    22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
    Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

No because one of the attack animations for Galka GK is a one handed horizontal cut like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bside View Post
        And neighbortaru, where's that BLEACH avatar? I liked that one...
        That rabbit is indeed cute tho
        the wife gets a kick out of this one so i'll be sporting it for a while... bleach will come back

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Hantz View Post
          Also, culinarians will soon be able to make the new item "angler stewpot," which will affect all party members within a certain radius.
          Why did they just say Hot pot? It's basically a pot where where you put all sorts of foodies in to cook in the boiling water right? It's traditionally eaten during winter/cold months.
          Hacked on 9/9/09
          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Another thing I forgot, IF this AoE food effect stacks with the effect from other food then it could be a nice added bonus.

I just hope they never add those beans Haggai was talking about...
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I think maybe the rationale is that if you're in a party with cheap or lazy people who do not use food, the party will get a bigger boost from the two or three of you having a substandard food effect than only yourself having a good one. I have no idea if that pans out in practice, I'm just trying to come up with a reason .. It would really only work with attack food. If you're a mage and eat an AoE food you probably just screwed over someone who uses cookies.
              They have both hands on the sword in the ready stance, but I think there are one or two attack animations where one hand comes off the sword in the follow-through of the swing.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

angler stewpot? could that enhance fishing skill? could be interesting to see a new light to cooking, and cooking and fishing were always considered complimentary. I'm probably missing some way that that would horribly break the game.
                Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Comment

If AOE food were to be as good as self-only food, you're right...it would dominate the market. Demand for food would plummet, and cooking as a craft would be crippled. Instead, AOE food is not as good as self-only food, but cheaper. SE didn't understand, evidently, that people are willing to pay for stat increases, and that gil savings don't make up for poor stats.

What they should have done was make AOE foods stackable. If you have an AOE INT food, maybe you can't eat a Melon Pie as it's self-only. But maybe in a manaburn, one BLM could bring an AOE INT food, one BLM could bring an AOE MP food, one BLM could bring an AOE hMP food, and another BLM could bring AOE MAB food (if SE were to create it). There would still be 4 foods used, as with 4 Melon Pies (for example), and BLMs would not be forced to buy the best foods, such as Melon Pie +1, or Wizard Cookies. Currently there's very little market for MP+ foods at high levels, but maybe there could be if the effects stacked. It wouldn't be overpowering if the stat boosts of AOE food were somewhat small, as they are now.

The same could be done for TP burn and Acc food, Atk food, Store TP food, and Haste food (again, if SE were to created).

Also, the purpose of AOE food is not to simulate gassiness after eating beans (lol) but instead to represent everyone gathering around the Thanksgiving table and eating turkey, e.g. It's not that you eat it and everyone gets the effect; it's as if everyone in range were eating it.

On an unrelated note, I think the purple set is DD gear for PLDs.
                  Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
                  62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
                  Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
                  Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
                  My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

angler stewpot? could that enhance fishing skill? could be interesting to see a new light to cooking, and cooking and fishing were always considered complimentary. I'm probably missing some way that that would horribly break the game.
                    why would you want the whole party to have fishing+?
                    another take could be that it's a stewpot of various fish and thus AOE Acc+ (a la sushi)

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
                      Yeah thats what I thought at first too. But I do remember that they let go of one hand on one swinging stance. That might be it.
                      Also Ninjas hold katanas the other way.
                      Originally posted by Rai View Post
                      I believe some Great Katana WS the SAM at some point in the WS is using 1 hand. like Tachi: Kasha
                      Originally posted by Maju View Post
                      No because one of the attack animations for Galka GK is a one handed horizontal cut like that.
                      I stand corrected. Been a while since I've partied with a Samurai, and besides I'm usually too busy to worry about what their WS looks like.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dryhus View Post
                        and another BLM could bring AOE MAB food (if SE were to create it). .
                        I had thought about this before, most melee get attack % food or acc% food, tanks get def% food and whitemages get cookies, so what do blm eat? some crapy 4+ int food thier whole carrier, there should be a MAB food imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                          I'd rather have Curry with rice, but I guess that's not very winter-ish eh?
                          Yeah, available anytime, anywhere in Japan.

Arguably the most popular boil-in-bag food here, too.

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
                          the wife gets a kick out of this one so i'll be sporting it for a while... bleach will come back
                          Good to know that

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                          Why did they just say Hot pot? It's basically a pot where where you put all sorts of foodies in to cook in the boiling water right? It's traditionally eaten during winter/cold months.
                          Yeah, but not in the boiling "water." It's to be seasoned w/ various things; Miso, soy sauce, soup of fish/sea weed, and many others that I wouldn't know. Not to mention those foods put in spread their juice into it, and combined w/ those of others, it gets much tastier than cooked separately.

Comment

Oh, THAT's what that is. Yeah, there are other Asian variants, but they generally end up being along the same theme. Start with a base broth of some sort, boil it, and add your own stuff to it to cook in the boiling mix and take it out when its done.

Good to know, thanks for the reference, bside!

Icemage

Comment

Could someone host the pics on here??? I'd love to see them. but can't due to my work having POL blocked.

thanks for anyone who does.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by bside View Post
                                Yeah, available anytime, anywhere in Japan.

Arguably the most popular boil-in-bag food here, too.
                                Awesome, I love that food.

And now I'm hungry...
                                sigpic
                                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X