If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Despite the fact that I can basically rock 90% of the fights in-game and not get hit by avoidable mechanics, as well as top most dps parsers (aside from facing a good Blm), I'm not welcome for Garuda Ex.
Server side hit detection is what pissed me off the most about that fight. Plumes become impossible if you're lagging at all. I've been midstride when plumes pop and still die despite showing that I'm WAY outside the plumes when they go off. Can be rather infuriating.
FC was talking about how now with PvP, you can actually just jump over melee to avoid damage.
Titan's a skill-check in general. People who can't take him have absolutely no business even attempting CT or Coil.
Last night was the 1st time I tanked him too... I was the OT and we wiped twice to nonsense (I swear I was getting hit by landslides that I wasn't even standing over but OK game...) but then on the 3rd try we kicked his ass. About a little after the heart phase the WAR suddenly just died, still not sure how or why and I basically had to jump in and wing it. Shit was incredibly stressful, OMG you really have to manage your cooldowns well and pray the healers aren't retarded. Everyone said I did a great job picking him up though especially given I'd never tanked him before and we won on that 3rd attempt ^^ (was the 1st random DF group I got too!)
Now I just have to decide what my 3rd relic shall be. Leaning on WAR or possibly SCH. I'd do BLM but THM is only 41 still.
The fight is one massive healer check really. If your healers aren't up to snuff then you will wipe. Shame really because it is a simple, yet fun little boss fight.
and I'm finding that Titan is a huge DPS check. I just got to him yesterday and did 5 PUG's and we all got to thr heart and died. 4 of the 5 times no one got knocked off the battle platform, we just couldn't kill the heart in time. Then after that happens, one of the party members proclaim, "not enough dps." Then they quit the fight... Sucks... I guess I just need to keep spamming it and eventually I'll get lucky. I'm the whm btw...
The fight is one massive healer check really. If your healers aren't up to snuff then you will wipe. Shame really because it is a simple, yet fun little boss fight.
Coil... T 1. So tired of getting pug groups that can't get past it.
I have the gear, I have the experience, I just can't get a group to do it. I find people that are geared, and claim they have experience, but it just keeps failing.
They stand behind the snake, the healers don't know how to heal, the OT can't gold hate, people stand behind the snake, people don't know how to feed, and the list goes on.
I would go with my FC, the only problem, only three people are geared at the moment, and are busy doing other content. The rest, I either try to help the, get stuck wit groups that don't know the fight, and don't bother listening to directions, or just end up being asses and leaving when they get hit by an aoe (happens more often than I thought it would.).
I'm getting tired of that damned snake wiping the floor with me. I've even gone in with premises who are missing a tank, and they still happen to wipe, even when the geared and experienced people.
I know where to hold the snake, I know where to pull the split, I know when to pop cds. I don't know what is going wrong here. Hell, I've seen tanks fall that are in full myth, and relic +1 way before I do in there...
I guess I'm in the minority here when I say that I haven't even noticed that Patch 2.1 dropped. Nothing I'm doing has been affected by the patch at all.
...
Of course that's just because I'm logging out in the field fishing. And log back in to fish. And log back out still fishing. There's something rather therapeutic about mashing the same two buttons over and over and over and over again while keeping an eye out for mooching opportunities. All the while stealthed because I fish in strange and inappropriate places. Like fishing at Isle of Umbra at 35 (and knowing full well that stealth doesn't work there since the monsters are higher level than my stealth can protect) But I'm going off on a tangent here.
Leave a comment: