No announcement yet.

What's your pet peeve about FFXIV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can turn beeping sound off! Makes FFXIV more realistic!!!

all you need to do is go to volume and turn off system sounds, which are just menu sounds and that annoying beep beep. 1st thing i did when I started.
    oh you can turn the beeping sound off! 0.0 anyone knew this? I wonder why more players don't turn it off so they don't hear beeping if they mash the actions too fast?

Comment

Re: What's your pet peeve about FFXIV?

Merged threads.

J9 this didn't deserve an entire thread to itself. We have enough clutter so please think before posting.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
        J9 ... please think before posting.
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Re: You can turn beeping sound off! Makes FFXIV more realistic!!!

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
          oh you can turn the beeping sound off! 0.0 anyone knew this? I wonder why more players don't turn it off so they don't hear beeping if they mash the actions too fast?
          Did you know that is blatant bullshit? For example, did you know your volume controls in-game (all 3 of them) don't actually control anything? Try muting all 3 of those controls ... you can still hear the annoying door open and slam shut very, very loudly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
            Did you know that is blatant bullshit? For example, did you know your volume controls in-game (all 3 of them) don't actually control anything? Try muting all 3 of those controls ... you can still hear the annoying door open and slam shut very, very loudly.
            Isn't that the truth. I get headaches/migraines and loud noises only make it worse. So I saw those controls and was overjoyed, what a letdown.
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Isn't that the truth. I get headaches/migraines and loud noises only make it worse. So I saw those controls and was overjoyed, what a letdown.
              I'm very sorry about my angry tone. Last night I did 4 crafting leves (Rank 5) and the crafts I was in were all 10+ and I had strings of failures you would not believe. I ended up only successfully completing one of them. Previously, I had 100% completion on all of those same leves.

Last edited by Aeni; 10-07-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I'm getting annoyed at missing a Dodo that should be an easy kill for me, 10 times in a row.

Miss, miss, evade, miss, evade, evade, evade, miss, miss.

I have 60 dex at 20 Physical, and 17 lancer, and my brother is a 17 Marauder with the same, and he hits at least twice the amount of times I do.

Comment

From what I've seen in videos, the spell animations leave something to be desired. In FFXI, due to job abilities being something that was mostly direct, that left WS and spells to be the "flashy" moves. You see bubbles and hear a distinct sound as a Mage casts white magic, and then out comes some exaggerated spell that's suppose to be holy and curey and whatnot.

Not liking what I'm seeing in FFXIV spells. They feel all the... same. Not sure how to explain it better.

Hm, then again, maybe it's because everything is flashy now. So spells just don't seem that cool anymore. Yeah, we'll go with that.
                  Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                  Originally posted by Nandito
                  Ponies.

Duh.
                  You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Ya, I agree. I don't think the spell animations in FFXIV are flashy enough. Here you have this gorgeous exciting world and you think that when you cast that spell that its going to be just as gorgeous and exciting and......wtf! I said all the way through testing that I hoped to hell they tweak the animations but nada. FFXIV is starting to feel like the couple that wanted to build their dream house but money got tight when it was half done because they didn't think things through and now its just slap it together and get it up.

Comment

Battle leves that give Dodos.

Crafting leves that give nothing but crafts out of my range.

48 hours of waiting because the game decided to be evil to me.
                      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Currently, as people finally are figuring out that partying is still the way to go, my LS mates are spazing out about battle regimens. Constantly trying to do them, making the battle so annoyingly drawn out it's, well, just not enjoyable.

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                        48 hours of waiting because the game decided to be evil to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
                          Currently, as people finally are figuring out that partying is still the way to go, my LS mates are spazing out about battle regimens. Constantly trying to do them, making the battle so annoyingly drawn out it's, well, just not enjoyable.
                          This....oh this! I'm in a pt, the melees engage the mob, I hit it with a spell, then the melees get into a pissing match over setting up a battle regimen totally ignoring the mob....and the mob switches to me and starts to beat the piss out of me. Seems this battle regimen shit is too difficult to figure out and not worth the damn effort! ><

Comment

This....oh this! I'm in a pt, the melees engage the mob, I hit it with a spell, then the melees get into a pissing match over setting up a battle regimen totally ignoring the mob....and the mob switches to me and starts to beat the piss out of me. Seems this battle regimen shit is too difficult to figure out and not worth the damn effort! ><
                            Yeah, I would highly advise you to not try to figure this out with random players. Even JP players are arguing with each other over this (test and figure out regimens or get this shit over with. I really hafta craft, maintenance in 90 min, no fuck you asshole, I got pressing things to do ... okay, screw you *leaves group* -- yes, I read this somewhere on a bbs)

I only wished Armando was on so we could do some serious testing and figuring out. None of my friends have even a thin veneer of patience to work this out with me I'm getting close to just being a conjurer and nuking shit and not have to deal with this.

Comment

Ok, seriously....has ANYONE been successful with the battle regimens? My son drove me nuts with this last night. They tried and tried and tried and tried and they couldn't do a 2 person one. So whats the next step? Call it quits and just play? Oh noooooooooooooooooooo......tell the mage they need to join in and do a 3 man one! Oy...damn near kill the party over doing this because THE MAGE CAN'T HEAL IN BATTLE REGIMEN MODE! ...and of course it was taking them forever and a day to get it together... Screw that crap, bring back skillchains because this shit sucks ass.

Comment

Maybe this might help? *shrug*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5E8kUeyFE]YouTube - FFXIV Beta 3 Gameplay - Battle Regimen(Skillchains) with Commentary by Rocs Lock HD[/ame]
                                Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                                Originally posted by Nandito
                                Ponies.

Duh.
                                You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Working...
                                X