Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your pet peeve about FFXIV?

Originally posted by Rodin View Post
    The fact that I have to ditch my 6 month old laptop (With an Nvidia graphics card...not on-board graphics, an actual card; 4 gigs of ram, and a 2.6 Ghz Dual core) and build a NASA supercomputer (exaggeration) to play this game. (Still though, I'm dropping about 1500 bucks just to be able to play this game smoothly....great....)
    Just get a ViDock... Saves so much money.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
      Just get a ViDock... Saves so much money.
      I will also need to upgrade to windows 7, seeing as how I've had my wits end with Vista. Also, this laptop doesn't run cool at all. I'm just gonna send this to my mother, since her computer broke, and get a netbook for college after I build what I'm refering to as "my baby".

(Also, I get to make fun of people at college with Macbooks.)
      Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
      90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin View Post
        I will also need to upgrade to windows 7, seeing as how I've had my wits end with Vista. Also, this laptop doesn't run cool at all. I'm just gonna send this to my mother, since her computer broke, and get a netbook for college after I build what I'm refering to as "my baby".

(Also, I get to make fun of people at college with Macbooks.)
        A 6 month old laptop with windows vista? That's odd. xD

Just do what you gotta do, I guess. =x
        sigpic

Comment

The billing system. Oh dear got the billing system. That thing caused me so much stress I felt physically sick.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

And you all thought POL was bad. HA!
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Actually POL was just as bad for me because it would always trigger fraud checks by my bank, meaning that I would have to cancel and get a new card every I renewed my FFXI subscription.
              Reiko Takahashi
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I didn't think the billing was bad at all. First off you didn't even have to sign up for it because after you register the game and add a character, they give you enough Crysta for a month. So you don't even have to mess with the billing for a few weeks if you don't want to.

And if you use the game card or Paypal, its a total breeze. I think people are just blowing it out of proportion because they are used to FFXI's system.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  I think people are just blowing it out of proportion because they are used to FFXI's system.
                  Stockholm syndrome then?
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

And if you use the game card or Paypal, its a total breeze. I think people are just blowing it out of proportion because they are used to FFXI's system.
                    FFXI system was funky as it. I remember I had to disable my AV software because the site it was launching for processing kept triggering the compromised website alarm.

Comment

Starting out as a Gladiator and not having a shield, and the cheapest shield available from a vendor is 43,000 gil and is Rank 11.

Seriously, would giving newbie Gladiators a crappy starter shield have been gamebreaking somehow?

While I'm at it, anyone on Rabanastre crafting shields yet?
                      Stormwalker
                      -----------------
                      FFXIV - Lyri Saranna - Rabanastre
                      Gladiator 6/Pugilist 8/Physical 10

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming winds..."
                      --"Key of the Twilight", .hack//SIGN

Comment

That is because Glads don't use shields, Sentinels do. Gladiators use Daggers, Broadswords and Longswords. Gladiator, Conjurer and Thaumaturge can all use a shield with their one handed weapons (Dagger/Broadsword, Wand and Sceptre respectively) and that causes the sentinel job to level up alongside your regular job.

I didn't think the billing was bad at all. First off you didn't even have to sign up for it because after you register the game and add a character, they give you enough Crysta for a month. So you don't even have to mess with the billing for a few weeks if you don't want to.

Not one of those is an option in the UK. I basically ended up having to buy £100 (about $140+) worth of Crysta at once so that I won't have to repeat the process of using the Click and Buy system thing they are using to handle transactions. for a while.
                        Last edited by Firewind; 09-23-2010, 03:47 AM.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                          That is because Glads don't use shields, Sentinels do. Gladiators use Daggers, Broadswords and Longswords. Gladiator, Conjurer and Thaumaturge can all use a shield with their one handed weapons (Dagger/Broadsword, Wand and Sceptre respectively) and that causes the sentinel job to level up alongside your regular job.
                          Huh?

Comment

I don't entirely mind having spent around $300 to upgrade my PC as I needed to in order to run SC2 as well.

I am pissed at all the server-side lag however, SE increasing NPC prices again, no concrete info on guild leve cool down adjustment, "target already claimed/unable to attack target" messages right after hitting a mob, random as hell disconnects, My FFXIV registration code (for SE members site, not to run the game) being expired, gee what else...

Oh yeah, my freaking Hermes Shoes. I put them on for the 1st time and got a pretty huge speed boost. But it wore off after around 10 minutes I think and it won't re-activate...
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              Oh yeah, my freaking Hermes Shoes. I put them on for the 1st time and got a pretty huge speed boost. But it wore off after around 10 minutes I think and it won't re-activate...
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Okay so I asked on BG and as it turns out the damn things have a hidden 24-hour cooldown, and seem to last between 15 and 30 minutes. Yay.
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X