• Show
Clear All

Re: What's your pet peeve about FFXIV?

I have been updating for the last 3.4 hours and are at 22.7%

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
      I have been updating for the last 3.4 hours and are at 22.7%
      Do utorrent. Go into the threat TGM started about installing the game and do what it says there. i did it, and it worked. Too bad mine crashes every time I hit play...

Edit: It was taking 10+ hours and it got to 57%, then stalled. I just gave up and did the utorrent thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
        That is because Glads don't use shields, Sentinels do. Gladiators use Daggers, Broadswords and Longswords. Gladiator, Conjurer and Thaumaturge can all use a shield with their one handed weapons (Dagger/Broadsword, Wand and Sceptre respectively) and that causes the sentinel job to level up alongside your regular job.
        Then why does Gladiator get class skills that require the use of a shield (such as Phalanx)?

Fact is, Gladiator isn't any *fun* without a shield.
        Stormwalker
        -----------------
        FFXIV - Lyri Saranna - Rabanastre
        Gladiator 6/Pugilist 8/Physical 10

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming winds..."
        --"Key of the Twilight", .hack//SIGN

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
          Not one of those is an option in the UK. I basically ended up having to buy £100 (about $140+) worth of Crysta at once so that I won't have to repeat the process of using the Click and Buy system thing they are using to handle transactions. for a while.
          But the point I made above my reference to Paypal and a game card is that you don't have to put money in to play the first month anyways. People don't realize this because it looks like you do when you are going through the steps on the SE account site but if you just keep going, it will give you Crysta. All versions come with the 30 free days so there should be no problems. Then you have 30 days to figure out payment and not be in a rush and get frustrated.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Ok, I've got a shield now, so I can move on to new gripes. :p

My new pet peeve is whoever dragged that Sandskin Peiste right up to the edge of the camp so it could smack me for 2579 damage.

That... kinda hurt.

That, and people not signing up for Behest. I just did one entirely by myself. Come on, people, Behest is cool, and you get gil for it.
            Stormwalker
            -----------------
            FFXIV - Lyri Saranna - Rabanastre
            Gladiator 6/Pugilist 8/Physical 10

"Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming winds..."
            --"Key of the Twilight", .hack//SIGN

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
              A 6 month old laptop with windows vista? That's odd. xD

Just do what you gotta do, I guess. =x
              It was one of those ones that were like "Free upgrade to Vista" but I ended up not upgrading because I ended up forgetting about it, haha.
              Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
              90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin View Post
                It was one of those ones that were like "Free DOWNGRADE to Vista"
                fixed

Back on topic...

This game's UI is slow as hell. I don't like waiting 2 seconds to get to the next menu screen. Fix now please.

Also why can't I sort my inventory or target party members individually. Not putting in a convenient feature is one thing but taking it out after your previous game had it just blows my flippin' mind.
                Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.3Ghz
                MSI P55-CD53
                8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 RAM
                Visiontek Radeon HD 5850, Core @ 775Mhz, Mem @ 1150Mhz

Comment

Originally posted by Stormwalker View Post
                  Ok, I've got a shield now, so I can move on to new gripes. :p

My new pet peeve is whoever dragged that Sandskin Peiste right up to the edge of the camp so it could smack me for 2579 damage.

That... kinda hurt.

That, and people not signing up for Behest. I just did one entirely by myself. Come on, people, Behest is cool, and you get gil for it.
                  Behest isn't anything special. An NPC babysits you while you, basically, leve-share his battlecraft levequest. You get a few bucks at the end.

I don't have any pet peeves right now. I'm making a lot of money simply because there's no AH. I can find people who are seeking materials I can make, who will also pay an ass and a leg for them, and then make it for them, subsequently making it rain.

Comment

Well, thus far it's the black screen of death. Or, more accurately, the "helpful" responses to the black screen of death from other players. I list my system stats, first complaint is upgrade my video card... no, I'm familiar with what a vid card crash looks like. Generally it doesn't lock up the system and play in-game music until you cut the power. Also produces error codes in the system logs, black screen of death looks more like a memory leak. No error codes, everything locks completely.

I think I've got it solved though. When the login server is healthy I'll see if I can get on for more than two hours at a time.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Originally posted by Stormwalker View Post

It was fun the first time I did it but the reward was meh. Our party was the only one doing anything too! We'd go to the mobs and everyone would be standing around looking at them. Then my party would engage and they would still just stand around. Oh ya, one mage cast stoneskin on our tank....oooooooo wow! So after running all over and killing EVERYTHING (and I'm not kidding) we got 2500 gil. I can make way more in that amount of time doing leves. Ya, it was neat to try but not something I'm likely to do again unless I'm very bored. So...

...peeve is people standing around and waiting for other people to finish Behest battles.
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Pet peeve ...

Crafting Leve that requires a Rank 1 in a craft but asks you to make your way to a camp that is surrounded by monsters that can aggro a rank 20 (physical) player.

SE, you sadistic bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm777 View Post
                          fixed

Back on topic...

This game's UI is slow as hell. I don't like waiting 2 seconds to get to the next menu screen. Fix now please.

Also why can't I sort my inventory or target party members individually. Not putting in a convenient feature is one thing but taking it out after your previous game had it just blows my flippin' mind.
                          Errr....I meant free upgrade to 7. My brain function is getting worse. I better stop drinking. lol.
                          Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                          90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Trabia has timed out 6 times in the last two days...wth?! lol ><

Comment

There is a noticeable increase in lag/load issues on my end. I imagine its the influx of people now that the standard edition is on the shelves. I had to stand in front of a door for 20 seconds in Ul'dah to wait for it to open. Went by the repair blacksmith where there is always a crowd and could only see the balls of light from the synth animation but no people. lol

Comment

Oh man, there's still pointless doors in this game? Doors in an MMO look pretty but irritate the ever loving crap out of me. They always shut in your face, and you can never seem to target them while they're open so that you can click them the second they start to close, and they do what TGM said, which is lag. If there's going to be doors that open, they need to be automatic doors like at the grocery store, and open when you're about to walk in.

Actually, no, they need to have no doors in high traffic areas. In houses in a quaint corner of some town that no one visits after their first week of playing, that's fine, but the doors in areas like the damn Assault Mission counter or the Runic Portal were a huge pain in my ass. Ugh. Annoying! I don't even play this game and I'm annoyed by that!
                                sigpic
                                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X