Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (JP) stream of the game.

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    yes its one thing buying a broken game. but it's another thing buying a broken game that can and WILL be fixed the same month or two, as well as improved and expanded! FFXI is proof SE can remove problems and make it very playable! Even the most problematic mmorpg can be fixed by them in a matter of days/weeks.

Even if they trip at launch, it's not over, it's just the beginning and things will get brighter.
    Ok so you have no problems with buying a new car that has major flaws and that you can't really use unless you take time out of your life to take it in to get it fixed on multiple occasions. You should just suck it up and be happy with it until they finally get it right? That's totally okay with you, right? It's basically what you are telling us gamers, as consumers, to endure. No J9 it is NOT okay for any company to do that to a consumer. And fyi, we aren't talking about little bugs that are found after release, little stuff falls through the cracks and that's understandable. We are talking about bigger issues that make the game unenjoyable or impossible to play. There are some of those issues right now in the beta. People gave them some slack in alpha because you expect things like that but this close to release there should be mostly little issues left to tweak but there are still some pretty big ones.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well I think it really can't be said what the launch will be like basing on the problems the beta has for now.

And mmorpgs can't be compared to a car. Mmorpgs are very very affordable compared to a car.
      If only cars costed just $60 and gasoline only $15 a month.

Well however launch turns out, people that take their day 1 purchases very seriously, should probably wait for reviews, then jump in when things are fixed and improved to the point of being acceptable to them, that way they have a smooth start.

Comment

Well however launch turns out, people that take their day 1 purchases very seriously, should probably wait for reviews, then jump in when things are fixed and improved to the point of being acceptable to them, that way they have a smooth start.
        I vote that nobody buys it for the first month and we let J9 buy it and give us a review. (Waits for the FFXIV review to look like her FFXIII review.) SE would be totally screwed.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

And mmorpgs can't be compared to a car. Mmorpgs are very very affordable compared to a car.
          If only cars costed just $60 and gasoline only $15 a month.
          Price has absolutely nothing to do with it. The point is your are buying defective merchandise and that's wrong. Come on, even you, can see that.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Oh mew oh mew. Just believe! BE~LIEVE!

Things will turn out fine and sparkly eventually.

Comment

Oh mew oh mew. Just believe! BE~LIEVE!

Things will turn out fine and sparkly eventually.
              Someone has watched just a little too much anime.

---

FFXIV gameplay right now does have some major advantages over FFXI, but the interface needs serious help, and that's distressing to see so close to launch. Unless Square-Enix pulls several rabbits out of their hat during the beta and improves/streamlines the gameplay controls and menus, this game could get some very, very, very bad early reviews.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                Someone has watched just a little too much anime.
                Eh, even anime has the odd hard twist to it (Looking at YOU Naruto...)
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

as unhappy as you all are now, you know you're getting it on the 22nd.
                  Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

I'm sure taking Jen9's side on this = throwing myself under a bus but...

So far the last 2 beta tests were pretty good, no ques or anything and the lag was minimal, in yesterday's test I didn't crash or D/C at all and I was almost on the whole time.

My issues atm:

Controls. I'm getting used to to targeting and such though its very different than FFXI when trying to target a person and that irritates me and using abilites should be easier (I need to target myself when fighting to use cure and that sucks, just let me click it and give me a pointer to choose who to cast on god dammit) also using IJKL to move the camera is starting to make sense since using the pointers is for the menu but Switching them around is better for me. though you could fit FFXI's "lock on, cant move camera so arrows are now only menu" thing would work, fairly simple to fix, I'm not worried.

Combat. A little funky but enjoyable, I don't like how some mobs would just run away, its a nice gimmick on leves when they flee to get help but when EXPing its kinda stupid (though only happened 2 times on exp). and some abilities are a little slow to go off. but still very enjoyable.

Chat. so far glitchy and commands like alt+r to reply and + on numeric pad to scroll up don't work but I guess this is beta so bleh on that one, but it needs more colors because I can barely see important junk like learning abilities because of how the test box work. (needs more colors)

Misc. Can't sit AT ALL and I kinda like sitting, it brightens my day, also no sign of linkshells but I can blame that on beta too, /emotes don't work, Mining is weird, crafting is weird but manageable and can get used to it but still crystals can go unstable and screwing up a sync = losing everything. No macros (zomg!) but I can blame beta on that one too. no armor shops in beta is killing my fashion sense (it was already on life support)

Wear and tear: though my junk is still in a good condition on lv16-R10 but I noticed that fighting harder mobs ruins weapons more and that's dangerous since people been reporting weapons going from 50% to 0 in one exp sitting and that's just terrifying. and NPCs only fix it up to 50% this might be good for crafters since only them can get it back to 100% but I can see them being bitches about it and charging ridiculous amounts for important gear (oh want that ridill fixed? even though you have the mats and everything I'll charge you 50k! muahaha because I'm sure you're desperate) but meh... can't be worse than WHMs abusing teleports. Retainers system for bazaaring need a better enterface because looking through every single last one looking for gear is boring as heck.

My last issues is that the menus are too slow unlike FFXI where you can click 50 things in a second and have everything done.

So far my issues with with junk that seems pretty simple to fix (didn't see any major game breaking junk yet so maybe I'm too relaxed) I'm not worried but ya'all are free to cancel your pre-orders and wait a few months before getting in.

Oh my BIGGEST issue is that hyur F underwear should have been on miqo'tes. (Miqo'te underwear = not skimpy enough).

Flame on!

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
                      No macros (zomg!) but I can blame beta on that one too.
                      Are macros needed any more?

From what I've seen spells / abilities are queued up via icons, that's faster than the menu's or text commands from FFXI, I guess hotkeys would help if they're not in. But since you can't change equipment while in combat any more you don't need them for that.

So we miss out on people adding stupid phrases when they use abilities, no big loss in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen View Post
                        Are macros needed any more?

From what I've seen spells / abilities are queued up via icons, that's faster than the menu's or text commands from FFXI, I guess hotkeys would help if they're not in. But since you can't change equipment while in combat any more you don't need them for that.

So we miss out on people adding stupid phrases when they use abilities, no big loss in my opinion.
                        I'd like something that maybe lets me add a name to the ability I'm using like curing a certain individual or performing an attack 3-4 times in a row so I can type something.

Oh and theres no /check so far and I really hate that... I like checking peoples gear...

Comment

They definitely need to implement a whole bunch of control options that were in FFXI but are missing in FFXIV. I think it's pretty worrisome that instead of improving on the controls from FFXI, they took major strides backwards. There is no key for targeting the nearest NPC, there is no secondary targeting and the regular TAB targeting is worse than in FFXI.

The chat box is impossible to manage properly. There is no way to stretch it over the entire screen like in FFXI and the only way to scroll it is by clicking at the scroll bar arrows with your mouse (the bar itself will scroll the text way too fast) which is slow and unresponsive like everything you might do with your mouse.

Comment

With August coming up, are they going to do that 2nd part of the beta still or not? I thought they were going to add the other starting cities for beta testing before the retail game came out.

Edited, SE announced Phase 2 today, so there might be an update pretty soon.

Originally posted by abknight View Post
                            as unhappy as you all are now, you know you're getting it on the 22nd.
                            Least we have chicken.
                            Last edited by Durahansolo; 07-28-2010, 06:10 AM.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Maju View Post
                              They definitely need to implement a whole bunch of control options that were in FFXI but are missing in FFXIV. I think it's pretty worrisome that instead of improving on the controls from FFXI, they took major strides backwards. There is no key for targeting the nearest NPC, there is no secondary targeting and the regular TAB targeting is worse than in FFXI.

The chat box is impossible to manage properly. There is no way to stretch it over the entire screen like in FFXI and the only way to scroll it is by clicking at the scroll bar arrows with your mouse (the bar itself will scroll the text way too fast) which is slow and unresponsive like everything you might do with your mouse.
                              there is a "target nearest NPC" its F11 now and F12 targets yourself
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                                With August coming up, are they going to do that 2nd part of the beta still or not? I thought they were going to add the other starting cities for beta testing before the retail game came out.
                                I am confused on how they're doing the beta > open beta. With how they explained it late last year, and early this year, they would have an open beta a month or 2 prior to the release. It really seems like they're rushing this game out on PC.

Which makes me believe they're lying about the reason why they're behind on the PS3 version.
                                A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Working...
                                X