(JP) stream of the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (JP) stream of the game.

X-mas would have been perfect. March is a tad late (though it would give me until Boxing day to buy new stuff plus my B-Day is in March) but December would mean staying on just until the 99 update.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I agree with Malacite. A push to December would make a lot of sense as the game is not ready for retail and there isn't much time left. Rushing out an MMO is a road to guaranteed failure. We've witnessed it many times and I hope SE hasn't been living under a rock. Of course, with SE you never know....

Comment

Yes this concerns me too but when you usually express this in public the FFXIV'ers come out of the woodwork and tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. I've been testing a long friggin time and I think I might just know a wee bit from what I've seen happen in the past. I would really hate to see them getting all kinds of bad press because of server issues/glitches/etc. Too many games are being pushed out and patched later.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

maybe if there is a rocky launch, they can later release a "it works! it's better! give it another try!" trailer later this year.

Bad issues hasn't stopped Blizzard.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-r_uCaFxg8"]YouTube- The State of Battle.net 2.0 - StarCraft 2[/nomedia]

Comment

dont worry guise, this is FF, it will be good no matter wat!

im a little serious btw
            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I'm sure things will improve soon, but as things stand right now... yeah, from what's publicly known, the game doesn't seem ready to ship. Which is a bit surprising considering how much time they've spent on FFXI; you'd think they'd know most of the pitfalls and how to avoid them by now, but the large amounts of server down-time doesn't bode well.

Icemage

Comment

they still have another month to fix stuff.

Comment

Honestly, that's really a bad sign. Typically most development finishes at least month or two early, giving time for pricing & shipping etc. All major bugs should have been squashed by now with only polishing touches being added, not any sort of overhauling.

I really do feel they should delay it until at least X-mas, if nothing else to give the PS3 users a little more leeway.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

well people should remember that the good thing of mmorpgs is that they can be fixed even after launch. Things will get better and players will settle in.

People who go all emo about launch problems and never come back, even after FFXIV improves and polishes and very fun and playable, well that is their loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                      well people should remember that the good thing of mmorpgs is that they can be fixed even after launch. Things will get better and players will settle in.

People who go all emo about launch problems and never come back, even after FFXIV improves and polishes and very fun and playable, well that is their loss.
                      I don't pay my hard earned money for a broken game. Let me put it to you like this, how about you buy an offline game and you are fighting a boss but the spell you need to kill him is glitched and is unusable so you can not kill him. No big deal? I highly doubt it since that part of the game would be useless to you. Or how about you need to go into a particular area but when you do the game constantly crashes? No big deal? You I don't go to the store and buy broken dishes so I can go home and glue them in order to use them either.

So don't tell people to buy a game and then play it and smile even if there are issues that they can fix later. I didn't buy it to play later, I bought it to play when it was released.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

but um um history has shown that players planning to play an mmorpg have to be patient because even testing can overlook problems and at least with the subscriptions and dedicated developers, they will work hard to get those problems fixed ASAP.

If people are unsure and sensitive to launch quality, then maybe they should just wait until things settle down and smoothen things better.

Besides this is an mmorpg, updates occur often and fixes happen more often than a FPS's entire lifetime.
                        And note that normal rpgs rarely if ever get any fixes as much as mmorpg does.

this is SE's flagship mmorpg for a new generation of mmorpgs, mew! They won't quit, and will keep supporting and improving the game every month if not every week!

Also any problems that exist in the beta now, well it's a beta, they still have a little over a month to fix things.
                        Maybe its best to save the panic button after launch.

But ya, FFXIV is a massive budget game that will have extreme levels of support, more than online games people play for free. They want to make money for years to come so they have to please and win back trust from the subscribers as soon as they are able to fix any serious problems.

MMORPGs are a massive undertaking to polish and find problems before launch. They because they provide lightyears more stuff and housing so many players and content than other typical games. Mmorpgs after launch are a learning and growing experience.

yes its one thing buying a broken game. but it's another thing buying a broken game that can and WILL be fixed the same month or two, as well as improved and expanded! FFXI is proof SE can remove problems and make it very playable! Even the most problematic mmorpg can be fixed by them in a matter of days/weeks.

Even if they trip at launch, it's not over, it's just the beginning and things will get brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
                          FFXI is proof SE can remove problems and make it very playable! Even the most problematic mmorpg can be fixed by them in a matter of days/weeks.
                          In before "Shit is still broken in FFXI years later."

(I don't even know, so don't ask...)
                          Last edited by Durahansolo; 07-27-2010, 12:56 PM.
                          {New Sig in the works}
                          -----------------------
                          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                          Originally posted by Solymir
                          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

jenova_9 in this thread:

Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                              jenova_9 in every thread:

Fixed

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                              So don't tell people to buy a game and then play it and smile even if there are issues that they can fix later. I didn't buy it to play later, I bought it to play when it was released.
                              This was how I felt about Battlefield: Bad Company 1. Battlefield was well known for their Conquest mode, but when they made BC1, they invented a new mode called Rush and made the whole MP about it. Some peeps called BS and then Dice said (5 months before the game came out)"Ok we're going to make a Conquest mode for the game that will be DLC at launch..." Well when launch time came, they pushed it back about 2 months. Pretty much bought a partially incomplete game that could've been held back until they added it in and made it right. Maps in the game could've been so much better than they were, but they ended up being rehashes of maps already in the game.

(BTW I know this was a MMO topic)
                              Last edited by Durahansolo; 07-27-2010, 01:29 PM.
                              {New Sig in the works}
                              -----------------------
                              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                              Originally posted by Solymir
                              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                                In before "Shit is still broken in FFXI years later."

(I don't even know, so don't ask...)
                                That is an exaggeration!

People had fun with FFXI and still play it to this day. Even when we played it we at least played it for 2 or more years.
                                FFXI is very playablle. Of course it's a big time drain for most people, but FFXI did more things right than wrong and that's why it's still going with more expansions and updates too and has 20 actual jobs (not counting crafting.) that is had over time. It wouldn't have gotten this big if SE didn't improve it over time.

FFXIV is their mainstream mmorpg so they will do everything they can to ensure anything game breaking that isn't fixed, will be fixed soon. Game balance and economy, that's another story.

Comment

Working...
                                X