X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (New?) Famitsu Info

* Area changes between cities and the field are seemless
    * BGM flows naturally
    * Private instances will not be interrupted by things happening around you (chat, crowdedness)
    * The L3 button is the target lock
    * Everyone can use teleport from the beginning
    * Warp (like FFXI) sends you back to your home point, which is defaulted to the last Aetherite you used.
    * There are only male Highlanders.
    * You can only play as female Miqo’te, but males exist.
    * There is a difference in starting stats between tribes, but this can be overcome with character growth (?)
    * Gender has no effect on play
    * Roegadyn females exist (does not say they are playable)
    * The difference between tribes isn’t that big
    * The opening will be real time, not pre-rendered.
    * Flow of battle:
    o Select target with directional keys
    o Draw weapon with R1
    o Select commends with directional keys
    o Effect gauge charges

* Alpha was made with casual gamers in mind, too, but it may still be difficult
    * Players will be able to reallocate stats in the final version
    * They want to make teleport and warp available for all classes, and make it low-cost.
    * After alpha comes beta 1, then beta 2. PS3 should be playable from beta 2.
    * Alpha and beta 1 will be mostly the same thing.
    * Parties cannot be formed unless the other members are close to you when inviting them.
    * There are five different ranks of guildleve difficulty.
    * After being defeated in battle, there is a five minute “weakened” state (It may be possible to be revived without a raise spell?)
    * There are things like attack magic which can be used without MP
    * Casting while moving is possible
    * There are MP restoring abilities
    * HP regenerates pretty quickly in passive mode

(Stolen from ffxivcore.com)

Some of this is new to me, so it may be new to you to. Otherwise, ignore!.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Reallocation of stats sounds like a huge relief, it was one of the things i was worrying about.

HAving teleport available at the start of the game should also ease frustration.

Re: (New?) Famitsu Info

Originally posted by Cryxen View Post
    * You can only play as female Miqo’te, but males exist.
    boo....
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Remember.. it's alpha..
      A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
        Remember.. it's alpha..
        still wont change the fact that you wont play males ;p

SE is hard set on balancing the races this way, I dont think anything anyone says will change their mind.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
          still wont change the fact that you wont play males ;p

SE is hard set on balancing the races this way, I dont think anything anyone says will change their mind.
          I beg to differ. That'd be a slap in the face to the masses of fans that begged for this before XIV was even thought of.
          A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
            I beg to differ. That'd be a slap in the face to the masses of fans that begged for this before XIV was even thought of.
            Whats with people and wanting to play male cats so badly?

SE won't let you so just shut up about it already. They are keeping the races balanced with males and females the way it is. If SE wants to keep it this way, then they can. At least they aren't limiting certain classes to certain genders like some games do. Just shut up and be happy with what you get. If you don't like it, then don't play the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
              I would think some actually want to play as them and others want Manthras just to say "We got em!" or "We have a choice." Same with Female Galkas. (I didn't have time to look up the real names so I called them by their ancient ancestors.) Since I'm playing as Elezen anyways it doesn't really matter to me

Also, less chance of running into a Manthra cybering for gil.

Furthermore, with the amount of customization in the game people want a custom experience. If people didn't want Male Mithras they wouldn't have asked about them in FFXI.
              Last edited by Durahansolo; 04-09-2010, 08:30 AM. Reason: Dammit Stop Typing Dura!
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

SE won't let you so just shut up about it already. They are keeping the races balanced with males and females the way it is. If SE wants to keep it this way, then they can. At least they aren't limiting certain classes to certain genders like some games do. Just shut up and be happy with what you get. If you don't like it, then don't play the game
                What's wrong with male cats? Ronso were beast mode dude in X.. I would love for a race like them to be available.

I don't see how everyone thinks sexes are balanced because there's an all male race, and all female race. Having the choice to choose male or female for all sexes won't be enough balance? If I wanted to play as a male or female, I have that choice no matter what, so why does there have to be a "balance"? I don't understand this..

Comment

Some boys/men would prefer to play a male character, and for that character to be of the Mithran race. Why is this hard to understand?

We are players. SE says they want to listen to what their platers have to say, and make them happy. Why not add Male Mithra? Will it hurt gameplay?

Another case of an innocuous issue having a disproportianate response.
                  "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                    Some boys/men would prefer to play a male character, and for that character to be of the Mithran race. Why is this hard to understand?

We are players. SE says they want to listen to what their platers have to say, and make them happy. Why not add Male Mithra? Will it hurt gameplay?

Another case of an innocuous issue having a disproportianate response.
                    If you don't like it, you don't have to play. No one is forcing you to. Just find a different game if you want to play as a male cat person. Like Eternal Online...

Comment

If you don't like it, you don't have to play. No one is forcing you to. Just find a different game if you want to play as a male cat person. Like Eternal Online...
                      Well you should take your own words into consideration. You're the one questioning why people want to play as a male cat person. Why does this bother you? If you don't like it, don't play.

All the mods keep posting in that locked thread.. lol

Comment

Butthurt mods, gg.

Comment

Thanks for not answering any of my questions..? I guess I had absolutely no valid points to make.

Why you are making a big deal out of this?
                          "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                            Butthurt mods, gg.
                            LOL
                            Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                            Why you are making a big deal out of this?
                            Maybe he's tired of men being pussies.

Comment

1- Cats are fucking awesome. Insert pussy joke here.
                              2- Some people like playing more androgynous or feminine characters without actually being female
                              3- Some people like tails and animal ears
                              4- Some people want the stats or appearance without having to play a female character which may be awkward to them. Also for things like RSE and some race specific quest stuffs.
                              5- Some people like cute characters, but don't want to look like children or 30-somethings (SORRY HUMES)

Really, plenty of valid reason to want playable male mithras and mi'qote. Plus they actually exist, so it's not like female galka. But imagine if those were the only choices-- female mithra and male galka. You'd probably be pretty damn annoyed, having to choose between completely feminine and completely masculine. Most people prefer something in the middle, even if it's not as close as male mithra would likely be.

Best example; you might not see why some people want to play as Vaan, and you might not want to be quite as butch as Basch, but you can totally fucking understand Balthier. Alternative, Male Mithra:Tidus::Galka:Kimahri::Hume:Auron

Comment

Working...
                              X