Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ffxiv is playable!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jenova_9
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    since when do CG monsters differ from their in-game FF versions?? the in-game Malboro will be shaped/designed just like the CG malboro.


    hmmm this would make a nice sig.


    Last edited by jenova_9; 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pwnagraphic
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Did Tanaka text you this today and tell you?

    Leave a comment:


  • jenova_9
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    the CG and in-game Malboro versions will be the same. different quality, but same concept art.

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    Yeah but that was CG.. Will they look different in-game?
    Hope not.

    I want monsters that are supposedly terrifying to actually be terrifying when I see them. Not see a giant green thing with tentical like things that looks really funny. I want it to look fierce, mean, like it could kill ten men in one strike.

    Molboros are always a strong creature that was supposed to be scary, not funny looking like they are in FFXI. If the CG of the Molboro for FFXIV is what it will be, then GREAT!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pwnagraphic
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Yeah but that was CG.. Will they look different in-game?

    Leave a comment:


  • jenova_9
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    actually ,even though the races are the same kinda, the bestiary is looking extremely different.

    a few return here and there, but overall they look so different and there are totally new ones like Puks, Dodos, etc.

    plus the FFXIV Malboro and the FFXI Malboro are like night and day. just like the Cactuars.

    Leave a comment:


  • RealArturon
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    so excited!

    Leave a comment:


  • jenova_9
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    they didnt use a yes or no answer for races, so there might be more.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    While I am looking forward to FFXIV, its only because its a new FF and I'm in love with the series. As far as being stoked about it, no not really. There are a few changes but it seems to be a lot like FFXI. I would have rather seen entirely new races than rehash the old ones. Same for the mobs. Granted I haven't seen the game in its entirety and I just may change my tune down the road but for right now I'm just not that excited. Give me the beta and then we'll talk.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thoris
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    They have alot of new elements thrown in i just wish the battle pace was alot faster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Listen to the pod casts and read up on the info.

    They have similar races & gil, and that's where it ends.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thoris
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    It looks great BUT....


    I know its Alpha, but my concerns are.



    It seems very clunky.

    It seems so Slowwwwww, i feel like its a carbon copy of FFxi with nicer graphics.

    I think i know why there wont be any PvP, The fights are just to slow and laggy.

    I did notice alot of clipping



    I hope they speed up the fights and add some PvP, but the game looks stunning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Durahansolo
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    He probably couldn't figure out how.
    Yeah I know. Seems like they know that we "We" (Final Fantasy Fans) wanna see footage and what we have to look forward to. So wouldn't it make sense to bring devs who know how to play to show off the new features for a bit? I've been reading alot of the comments from people on gametrailers and quite a few think 14 is the same game basically as 11 from what has been shown (But, we all know better since we have more information than has been shown.) I just wanna be able to see magicks, fighting, a bit of the world, and some of the cities. Why are the pauses so long in between hits?!?
    Last edited by Durahansolo; 08-23-2009, 06:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jenova_9
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    I heard magic in the demo was turned off for some reason. but I think that multi target blue light is magic:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kRqw1wkqw"]YouTube - FFXIV Cam Gameplay[/ame]
    1:46-1:49+

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Fuck, at Fan Fest I saw plenty of people that didn't know what the hell they were doing. This being just prior to TAU release. I remember this one Taru on the projector that kept running around being a complete idiot. It didn't take long for the crowd of people watching to start yelling at him. I still remember him in one of the TAU watery areas; the place with the ships if I remember right. They were fighting a toad, and his spell casting methodology seemed entirely random.

    And of course, some people that show up at this things aren't gamers at all. My mom was with me at the time (was lucky enough to find an open box with a MNK on it, yay for braindead jobs. I think I got an Elvaan RDM with shitty equip, which sucked so hard, given that I was used to the MP pool of a taru BLM), and she had played all of maybe thirty minutes of FFXI before, on a mule.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X