Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ffxiv is playable!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    I thought you were expressing your anger and emotion more by capping it.
    I was. But I don't understand why someone wouldn't just hit one of the quote options to quote me (and at least keep my name capitalized, it's "Aksannyi," "aksannyi" makes me cringe, see, even Firefox doesn't like lowercase, red squiggly under the uncapitalized one) instead of quoting me and then changing the entire syntax of my post.

    It's a pet peeve. I type properly, I want to be quoted properly. Just as being quoted in an article if I'm being interviewed. Do it right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elwynn
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    As long as we're bitching about names, since they're clearly keeping the Tarutaru naming style, how about allowing hyphenated names? Galka and male Taru NPCs have blanks and hyphens in them that aren't allowed for PCs, not that I haven't seen it tried.

    It would be nice if they at least allowed one capital letter in the middle of the name.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pwnagraphic
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Because if there's a page break and he has me quoted at the top of said page break, it makes me look like an imbecile who can't be bothered to capitalize.

    Many on the internet do not seem to care about such things as spelling and grammar, but I am not one of those people, and my posts reflect that. I would prefer that my quoted posts also reflect that.

    Besides, actually quoting me with the quote button is far less work than using the quote tags.
    I thought you were expressing your anger and emotion more by capping it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Because if there's a page break and he has me quoted at the top of said page break, it makes me look like an imbecile who can't be bothered to capitalize.

    Many on the internet do not seem to care about such things as spelling and grammar, but I am not one of those people, and my posts reflect that. I would prefer that my quoted posts also reflect that.

    Besides, actually quoting me with the quote button is far less work than using the quote tags.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyprius
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    How is it when you quote me you manage to uncapitalize my name and half my post, but capitalize the word I didn't capitalize?

    You know you can just hit the small square (Quick reply to this message) and select the "Quote message in reply?" box, right? lol
    Better question.. Why do you care?

    Leave a comment:


  • hexx
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Of course, why settle for ripping off one character's name when you can do two at a time? xXCloudLeonheart17Xx Or better yet, let's throw some sweet adjectives into the mix. How about Omegasephiroth73 or Therealcloudstrife? :D

    LOL a guy on my server named his character "Goodsephiroth" o_O

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Of course, why settle for ripping off one character's name when you can do two at a time? xXCloudLeonheart17Xx Or better yet, let's throw some sweet adjectives into the mix. How about Omegasephiroth73 or Therealcloudstrife? :D
    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I'M NOT CURING THOSE ASSHOLES!

    caps

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    How is it when you quote me you manage to uncapitalize my name and half my post, but capitalize the word I didn't capitalize?

    You know you can just hit the small square (Quick reply to this message) and select the "Quote message in reply?" box, right? lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by aksannyi View Post
    i'm not curing those assholes!

    Caps

    qft!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    XxXSephirothXxX ... oy

    Sephiroth5934490330394578504902309450458 ... /sigh

    or even worse...

    XxXSephirothXxX5934490330394578504902309450458

    I'M NOT CURING THOSE ASSHOLES!

    caps

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Of course, why settle for ripping off one character's name when you can do two at a time? xXCloudLeonheart17Xx Or better yet, let's throw some sweet adjectives into the mix. How about Omegasephiroth73 or Therealcloudstrife? :D

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    What I hate is names like Johnbon56789843. Like wtf? Why did you have to put all those numbers?
    Originally posted by Takelli View Post
    Its just like the XxlolxX names that a lot of MMORPGs have. I have seen names with the Xxs, and numbers. A Lot of the F2P games allow that and its really stupid.
    XxXSephirothXxX ... oy

    Sephiroth5934490330394578504902309450458 ... /sigh

    or even worse...

    XxXSephirothXxX5934490330394578504902309450458

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    What I hate is names like Johnbon56789843. Like wtf? Why did you have to put all those numbers?
    Its just like the XxlolxX names that a lot of MMORPGs have. I have seen names with the Xxs, and numbers. A Lot of the F2P games allow that and its really stupid.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Probably their name - Johnbon - was already taken, so they took the first available randomly generated name by whatever computer system they're trying to use their name on.

    Unoriginal fucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pwnagraphic
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Did FFXI have numbers in the name?? I don't think they did?? I don't think I have played an MMO which allowed numbers and symbols in the name.

    What I hate is names like Johnbon56789843. Like wtf? Why did you have to put all those numbers?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X