Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ffxiv is playable!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    He probably couldn't figure out how.

    I mean I know it takes a bit to learn how to play, but I always see one or two people playing demos of games that just don't know what the hell they are doing, at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
    Anyways I just watched another trailer with the lalafel in it, why does he just seem to do nothing and leech XP?
    LOL Ya I know. I was watching that when it came out and yelling "OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! DO SOMETHING! YOU KNOW A SPELL...SINCE YOU'RE A MAGE!!?"

    Leave a comment:


  • Durahansolo
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    I like how in the expressions trailer the Humeish character (Yes I said Hume WHATCHAGONNADU?) does movements that resemble movements from "The Bouncer". (Bouncer 2 can I haz eet?)

    Anyways I just watched another trailer with the lalafel in it, why does he just seem to do nothing and leech XP?

    Leave a comment:


  • jenova_9
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    the lore of the races will most likely be released well before launch.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1mQU2GvAM"]YouTube - Final Fantasy XIV Online[/ame]

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    My character always had a backstory, but I didn't really run with it. Maybe someday if I'm really bored, I'll write the history of Aksannyi, how she came to be in Vana'diel, and how she'll eventually end up in Eorzea.

    But that requires quite a level of boredom. I think it might be enjoyable though. To me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yellow Mage
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
    Galka and male Taru NPCs have blanks and hyphens in them that aren't allowed for PCs, not that I haven't seen it tried.
    Mithra, too, and dude, I'm Tamarsamar, for crying out loud. I joined an all-Tarutaru linkshell a short while back, and when I did, I was the black sheep for two reasons: being the only San d'Orian in the shell, and being the only one with a thematically appropriate name.

    Now it's only the latter - we actually have a couple more San d'Orian Tarutaru now.



    S-E can keep all their other paranoid jerk secrecy practices right where they are if they please, but if they expect people to actually roleplay in their game, such lore as racial culture shouldn't be something you don't find out until your character is already created. (Or are like me and you don't actually play the dang game before lurking its forums for about a year or so. >.> ) We really don't want to have/be people who try to do something stupid with roleplay completely contradictory to what their character is actually supposed to be.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pwnagraphic
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    And eat a bowl of shit topped with meal worms then sacrifice your first born.

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    Spfft.. they'd charge an arm and a leg I bet.
    Nah...

    All you gotta do is pre-oder the game, get in Beta, and be part of the SE crew in order to reserve your name...

    Leave a comment:


  • Pwnagraphic
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Spfft.. they'd charge an arm and a leg I bet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Evion View Post
    Has anyone heard of people being able to reserve their current in-game name for FFIV? If so, what if two people with the same name wanted/tried to go to the same server in FFIV?
    They did say they where thinking about it, and I would guess it would be first come first serve, but then again, if your no on the same server it would no matter.... so who knows :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Hantz
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Evion View Post
    Has anyone heard of people being able to reserve their current in-game name for FFIV? If so, what if two people with the same name wanted/tried to go to the same server in FFIV?
    Why my good chap, I sure have.
    There is a fellow that can do that for you.

    You can even change it again later!

    But I hardly know what server you mean? The butler at the inn?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pwnagraphic
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Dunno how that'd work but I thought you wouldn't be able to use a name from any FF?

    Leave a comment:


  • Evion
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Has anyone heard of people being able to reserve their current in-game name for FFIV? If so, what if two people with the same name wanted/tried to go to the same server in FFIV?

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    How is it when you quote me you manage to uncapitalize my name and half my post, but capitalize the word I didn't capitalize?

    You know you can just hit the small square (Quick reply to this message) and select the "Quote message in reply?" box, right? lol
    Haha Thats what I did XD It didnt even let me caps "QFT" lol

    Leave a comment:


  • odjnlinus
    replied
    Re: Ffxiv is playable!!!

    Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    "What about PVP?

    We have the same stance on PVP as we had in FFXI, we're having a focus on PVE, but we may introduce some sort of sports-type that might be tied to PVP in the future. What we're worrying about is that we dont want to have any PK'ing or harassment types of activities in the game. So in order to provide a safe environment to everyone and a game to enjoy. So we're not focusing on PVP."

    mmmmmm this does not really bother me, because I dont like PvP much, but really? add an arena or something ;p


    "Is there going to be instanced content?

    Guild leaves itself is like instances. Other people will not be able to interfer with you. There will also be instanced raid content, its a type of guild leaves as well. But we cannot tell you how many players it will be yet however. There's also going to be many different types of guild leaves, if you want to play as a casual player it will be fine for instance."

    Sounds like it will be "instanced" like the current Fay weapon fights are.


    and as always most questions are answered with "well <insert topic here> we cant say much about it, but it will kind of and maybe..... but it will be interesting"


    hmmm .Hack//sign PKK

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X